• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

HauteLook Beauty Bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, and I didn't like the makeup bag that came with it.. I thought it not very well made, and the material feels a lil cheap. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I like the bag from the recent Hautelook Fragrance Bag so much better.

Originally Posted by saku /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I already have an HG face exfoliant -- L'occitane Ultra Rich Face Scrub, which I apply after my cleanser. I guess the suki products doubles as a cleanser, so I can use that one instead sometimes.. 

The Lorac shadow is very pigmented (as always) and a nice aqua-teal summery shimmery color. The lipstick is a fuschia pink -- and it scared me(!), so I haven't tried it yet. There are 5 different LA fresh wipes and 3 small stila foil packets. The UD Demolition is, as expected, very nice! The blush is a rose-pink shimmer -- just has some sheen to it and has that 'glowy' effect. I think I'm gonna love this one. The perfume sample is tiny, and I haven't tried it yet. As for the brush, I thought it's scratchy compared to my MAC 217, which I think is what it's trying to dupe.. I haven't tried it on my eyes yet, but feels a little scratchy on my fingers. I haven't tried the mascara yet, probably not in a few months. 

NEW STUFFFFFFFSSS o_O LOL!
Thank you SO MUCH!!!

I think I am going to have the same opinion/impression as you.

The blush sounds awesome though. So that is a surprise. Honestly I was only expecting to love the Suki (which I do) and the UD Demolition (which I do) so anything else is icing on the cake!

I have a small 1 oz Suki i got in my NBTT. It's really an fantastic product. I think you will love it.

Enjoy your new STUFFFFFFSSSSSSSSSS!

Oh, and I didn't like the makeup bag that came with it.. I thought it not very well made, and the material feels a lil cheap. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I like the bag from the recent Hautelook Fragrance Bag so much better.
I had a feeling the bag would be meh. I think it will  be destined to a life under the sink holding various creams and lotions I hardly ever reach for.

Got my shipping notice today!  It said in the email that estimated deliver was May 17th, but I tracked it through UPS and it will be here Thursday! Yay :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Got mine too! Said delivery was expected May 17, but the tracking said its on the truck for delivery today lol!  Cant wait to check everything out.

Wow, I love everything in this bag! 

The blush is such a pretty pink with veins of a maroonish color and a shimmery gold.  The Lorac eye shadow is a really awesome blueish teal, I think it was once pressed (not sure?) but I prefer loose eye shadows anyway so I like it better even if it did break. The only thing I figured would be traded right away was the NYX lipstick, it is definitely bright, but I'm kind of excited to try it. And OMG the Suki! The smell is just to die for.  They need to make a candle or something.  I actually even like the Jessica Simpson perfume, and the bag is cheap for sure but I only have cloth makeup bags so I will definitely use this.  All in all, a win for me for sure!

Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow, I love everything in this bag! 

The blush is such a pretty pink with veins of a maroonish color and a shimmery gold.  The Lorac eye shadow is a really awesome blueish teal, I think it was once pressed (not sure?) but I prefer loose eye shadows anyway so I like it better even if it did break. The only thing I figured would be traded right away was the NYX lipstick, it is definitely bright, but I'm kind of excited to try it. And OMG the Suki! The smell is just to die for.  They need to make a candle or something.  I actually even like the Jessica Simpson perfume, and the bag is cheap for sure but I only have cloth makeup bags so I will definitely use this.  All in all, a win for me for sure!
I really liked everything in the bag too! I haven't tried the blush yet sine I was already wearing blush when the bag was sent, but everything else was great. The lipstick is way brighter then I am used to, but I did try it just for fun.It actually looked decent on me! Even though I am not used to it, I may just wear it whenever I go out from now on just for fun. I

I did end up ordering this bag and just received it yesterday. I think I waited over 3 weeks for it to arrive, it seemed like forever. I do like everything in it, but the Lorac eyeshadow was broken and the Sukiface exfoliating cleanser was all dried out (I checked the Sukiface website, it's not supposed to be dry). I contacted customer care, but all I got was a email back saying that they received my email and that they have a lot of emails to answer, so it may be awhile before I hear from them. Beside this two issues, I did love the bag and I think it was a terrific value. I just hope that Haute Look will replace the damaged items or I will be really disappointed.

Originally Posted by Mary322 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did end up ordering this bag and just received it yesterday. I think I waited over 3 weeks for it to arrive, it seemed like forever. I do like everything in it, but the Lorac eyeshadow was broken and the Sukiface exfoliating cleanser was all dried out (I checked the Sukiface website, it's not supposed to be dry). I contacted customer care, but all I got was a email back saying that they received my email and that they have a lot of emails to answer, so it may be awhile before I hear from them. Beside this two issues, I did love the bag and I think it was a terrific value. I just hope that Haute Look will replace the damaged items or I will be really disappointed.
Oooohhh...Now that I looked at my suki again...it IS dry! All I can see are the granules. Is it not supposed to be this way? :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Still smells good though. 

:( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :( :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So I chatted with a Hautelook rep. 

This is what they offer:

"If you don't want to keep the purchase, I can process a full refund to return that item, or I can process a 20% refund if you want to keep the remaining items."

I ended up requesting for a full refund. I'll just be returning all the items, since I don't think the other items are worth 80% of the beauty bag price..

SO SAAADDD :'(

This is what my Suki looks like.  It is kind of the consistency of wet sand, but is not moist to the touch.  I have used this product before and this is how it was when I used it before.  It kinda froths up when you get it wet on your face, but it is more granular looking than most scrubs.

Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is what my Suki looks like.  It is kind of the consistency of wet sand, but is not moist to the touch.  I have used this product before and this is how it was when I used it before.  It kinda froths up when you get it wet on your face, but it is more granular looking than most scrubs.

That's pretty much how my suki looks like.. However, I did a little research and found this on comment on MUA: " The mixture is soupy and separates often in the glass jar it comes in (I keep a popsicle stick by the sink for re-mixing)," 

I'm a little confused now.. In an image search, I'm seeing both the 'dry' and 'soupy' textures...

That's pretty much how my suki looks like.. However, I did a little research and found this on comment on MUA: " The mixture is soupy and separates often in the glass jar it comes in (I keep a popsicle stick by the sink for re-mixing),"  I'm a little confused now.. In an image search, I'm seeing both the 'dry' and 'soupy' textures...
Weird! Hmmm I never knew that before about the separating possibility. Maybe try it and see if you like it? Mine was only sealed in 1 small spot so you might be able to test a little?

This is what mine looked like:

The first picture is exactly how it looked right when I opened it and the second shows some color change.  If you go to the Sukiface website, there is a video on using the product that shows them opening the jar and using it.  It looked pretty different to me, but I am sure it was brand new. Mine will probably still work, but it is very crystallized and dry.  I just didn't think that is was supposed to be like this, maybe I am wrong.

I got my HauteLook Spring bag today...

and my Suki looked like the picture Mary322 posted, looked dry, w/ a big empty hole in the center.

My LORAC eye shadow shattered and was now crumbly and powdery.

My Laura Geller blush the product itself, i.e. the blush is okay, but the mirror on the inside of the lid came off.

I wrote an email to HauteLook with pictures of those damage items, requesting them to send me a replacement bag or those damaged products.

We'll see what their reply is.  I hope their customer service is good, it is very disappointing to spend $25 plus $5.95 shipping and tax to only get a bag with 2 of the 3 full size products damaged (eye shadow, suki cleanser and mascara are full sized).

So I chatted with a Hautelook rep. 

This is what they offer:

"If you don't want to keep the purchase, I can process a full refund to return that item, or I can process a 20% refund if you want to keep the remaining items."

I ended up requesting for a full refund. I'll just be returning all the items, since I don't think the other items are worth 80% of the beauty bag price..

SO SAAADDD :'(
Do they refund shipping cost as well? 

Back