• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

HauteLook Beauty Bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if they got a really old batch of the suki for a huge discount or something like that?

Originally Posted by Jaly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do they refund shipping cost as well? 
They don't in my case, since I ordered additional items with the Beauty bag (the tarte ones which are also on sale, which I wouldn't have ordered if not for the beauty bag, but anyway..). They'll refund the shipping cost if it's the only item in your order.. 

Originally Posted by StefanieH30 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if they got a really old batch of the suki for a huge discount or something like that?
That's my suspicion too.

I really wish they would have used SOME sort of cushioning when shipping - there was none at all. My shadow was also broken.

As far as the Suki face scrub , I was also concerned at first due to a 'hole' in the middle and apparent dryness. I did a little research on how to use it, and then it made sense. It really does foam up if you put some in your hand and add a little water.

Overall, I am happy with the items. The blush is especially very pretty!! And don't be too afraid of the lipstick..it appears bright, but it fairly sheer and did not look insane when on! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My Suki wasn't soupy or too dry. It pretty much has the consistency it had when I got it through Birchbox last year. Mine looks like the picture Lola22 posted. 

Originally Posted by Mary322 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is what mine looked like:

The first picture is exactly how it looked right when I opened it and the second shows some color change.  If you go to the Sukiface website, there is a video on using the product that shows them opening the jar and using it.  It looked pretty different to me, but I am sure it was brand new. Mine will probably still work, but it is very crystallized and dry.  I just didn't think that is was supposed to be like this, maybe I am wrong.
My Suki looked exactly like in the top photo, when I opened it.  Also, my eye shadow was broken.  It is such a pretty color, but as a loose pigment it goes on heavier than I want, so it is a little too glittery for me.  I can try to work with it. 

About six months ago, I received a cracked Pixi item.  And, sometimes my products look a little 'shop worn'.  I don't want to think that HauteLook is sending out old, broken products.  Too bad.

Even with the broken eye shadow, the HauteLook bag is better than my last NBTT.  I sure hope the next one will be good.

I did hear back from haute customer service today. They offered the same deal as someone previously posted: Thank you for shopping with HauteLook! I am so sorry your items were damaged! One of the ways HauteLook can provide such a wide selection and low prices is because typically, we only purchase what our members order once an event is complete. We don't have a warehouse of pre-selected inventory. For that reason, members are unable to order additional exchange items. I apologize for any inconvenience. I can process a free return for a full refund for this bag or offer you 20% off the item to keep in the form of a refund. Please advise how you would like to proceed. I decided to keep the bag, I added water and gently stirred my Sukiface until it was a usable consistency and I guess I will have to try the eyeshadow as a loose powder.

Hi all! New to this thread but I received this bag too. My Lorac shadow was completely shattered, and the Lorac mascara was broken (the threaded area that the wand screws on to was half broken off).  I did call Hautelook and they gave me a $25 site credit, which was fine for me. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Speaking of, if anyone isn't keeping the Lorac mascara, i'd love to swap with you. I have a swap thread that, if it isn't below, I can link you to if you PM me (I will try to update it tonight).

Did anyone used the LORAC 3D Mascara?

I tested it last night and used it this morning because I read on this thread that someone's mascara was broken.

I find mine very dry and was wondering if others are dry too?

Is this normal for LORAC 3D Mascara? Or did I receive a bag that have 3 damaged/dried out full sized items ? o_o 

Suki - full sized cleanser - dried 

LORAC eye shadow - full sized - shattered

LORAC mascara - full sized - dried

Laura Geller - deluxe sample sized blush - broken

me very sad, b/c otherwise this would have been a great bag to enjoy 

My bag was missing the LORAC mascara all together...very disappointed because I really wanted to try it...but HauteLook did credit me $10.00. 

I had the broken tube. When I did pull the wand out, mascara spurted out of the broken part on the top so apparently, mine was not dry. lol It's a shame I had to throw it right in the trash.

I would be willing to trade my Laura Gellar blush to you, if you want?  I love Laura Gellar stuff, but this particular blush had too much shimmer in it for my taste... PM me if you're interested.

Originally Posted by Jaly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone used the LORAC 3D Mascara?

I tested it last night and used it this morning because I read on this thread that someone's mascara was broken.

I find mine very dry and was wondering if others are dry too?

Is this normal for LORAC 3D Mascara? Or did I receive a bag that have 3 damaged/dried out full sized items ? o_o 

Suki - full sized cleanser - dried 

LORAC eye shadow - full sized - shattered

LORAC mascara - full sized - dried

Laura Geller - deluxe sample sized blush - broken

me very sad, b/c otherwise this would have been a great bag to enjoy 

Originally Posted by Mary322 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is what mine looked like:

The first picture is exactly how it looked right when I opened it and the second shows some color change.  If you go to the Sukiface website, there is a video on using the product that shows them opening the jar and using it.  It looked pretty different to me, but I am sure it was brand new. Mine will probably still work, but it is very crystallized and dry.  I just didn't think that is was supposed to be like this, maybe I am wrong.
I got one from NBTT that looks like this and I had NOT idea it could or should look wetter, but it works great like this! I assumed it was dry so that when you added water it would get all foamy, which it does! It smells amazing too! 

Yeah, I added some water and it was MUCH better. I like this a lot, I don't know if I would order it again, but I has worked pretty well!

Odd, they seem to have an inconsistent return policy. My suki had leaked and my Laura geller shattered. They requested photos and then credited me the price of the bag and said not to bother returning it

Today's special gift on the HauteLook website is the HauteLook Fall Beauty Bag. For $15 (excludes the s/h), you get the following 12-piece set:

Set includes:

• Blow Pro Blow Out Serious Non-Stick Light Hold Hair Spray (1.5 oz., Made in USA)
  • China Glaze Mini Nail Polish (0.5 fl. oz., Made in USA)
  • Clarins Total Double Serum Age -Control Extra-Firming Serum (0.2 fl. oz total, Made in France)
  • Clarins Body Firming Cream (0.28 oz., Made in France)
  • Crown Brush Kabuki Brush (2.25", Imported)
  • Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion (0.25 oz., Made in USA):
  • France Luxe Silver Headband
  • Fusion Beauty LashFusion XL (0.25 oz., Made in Italy):
  • Laura Geller Waterproof Eye Spackle Hues (0.07 oz., Imported):
  • NYX Glam Lipstick Aqua Luxe (0.16 oz., Imported)
  • Betsey Johnson Too Too Pretty Eau de Parfum (0.06 fl. oz., Made in USA)
  • Cosmetics Bag included (9" W x 5.5" H x3.5" D)
  • Crown Brush Kabuki Brush: natural goat bristles

Too good to pass up as several of these items will be used for gifts and some are for me. Win-win!!

Back