• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

HauteLook & Nordstrom Summer Beauty Bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I order two of them, one for myself and one for a gift. Someone needs to take my debit card away or cancel my paypal account, I am out of self control.

Just got mine today. Did anyone else think the mirenesse lip bomb #27 is freaking terrible bright orange? I mean seriously.

The last beauty bag I ordered from HauteLook took a while. I ordered on 4/19 and it did not ship until 5/7 and it did not arrive until 5/10. I think since they do not have these items in their own warehouse it takes a while for orders to be fulfilled. Since my last beautybag was missing an item, they were not able to send out a replacement either and just gave me credit.
the one I got today was missing an item. They offered me a credit as well which works for me.

I also got the mirenesse lip bomb #27. hideous!

The Miracle 10 was out of the the paper wrap. Was there suppose to be 2 little jars or just 1? I will be getting rid of about half the stuff but the rest made me quite happy.

Mine just came...orange lip bomb and all. Wtf? They must have a lot of that to get rid of...can't imagine why... I'm a bit underwhelmed. The cardboard polka dot insert in the bag...I thought it was a polka dot bag lol! It's a nice bag though. My NYX lipstick in Margarita appears kinda orange too. Whish smells pretty good...perfume I'm undecided but leaning towards dislike...brushes are meh...UD pencil in Naked is okay...lash conditioner brush is all shredded and askew...ponytail compact is all scratched and looks used... I need to stop Debbie Downer lol! I seriously doubt I will ever buy anything like this from HauteLook again though!

Mine just came...orange lip bomb and all. Wtf? They must have a lot of that to get rid of...can't imagine why... I'm a bit underwhelmed. The cardboard polka dot insert in the bag...I thought it was a polka dot bag lol! It's a nice bag though. My NYX lipstick in Margarita appears kinda orange too. Whish smells pretty good...perfume I'm undecided but leaning towards dislike...brushes are meh...UD pencil in Naked is okay...lash conditioner brush is all shredded and askew...ponytail compact is all scratched and looks used... I need to stop Debbie Downer lol! I seriously doubt I will ever buy anything like this from HauteLook again though!
It sounds like yours came in poor condition. I would complain.

I love the lorac mascara, made my eyelashes like really long, loved the nyx, lash conditioner is new to me, the brushes were something I basically could've gotten at Wal-Mart, I rarely use lip pencils but oh well, I'm a whish addict and the orange cream smells amazing!!! Mine was missing the perfume. Overall pretty happy except for that freaking orange lip bomb. I sent a scathing email to mirenesse because this orange stuff has happened with birchbox too. Do they do a fall/winter bag?

I haven't gotten a shipping notice yet. Maybe I will get a non-orange lip bomb, you know, if they are maybe sending them out in waves.

Very underwhelmed with mine too - and I received a WHITE Mirenesse lip bomb! It's not a nude white either - it's a full on metallic white one!

Good idea! I e-mailed them, we'll see what they say! On an orange lip bomb note, am I crazy or is this really kinda okay??
I put a little dab on the back of my hand with a q-tip and kinda sheered it out and applied with the smearing finger. I'm kind of loving it actually...

Very underwhelmed with mine too - and I received a WHITE Mirenesse lip bomb! It's not a nude white either - it's a full on metallic white one!
WHITE?! Why would they even make white? I wonder if you could use it to lighten up other lip colors using my "just a dab" method?

Originally Posted by knightsgirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

WHITE?! Why would they even make white? I wonder if you could use it to lighten up other lip colors using my "just a dab" method?
They're for mixing with other lip bombs, like OCC lip tars.

Of course that requires  you to buy the other lip bombs as well. XD; so they're pretty much only useful for people who got one from ipsy last October.

Good idea! I e-mailed them, we'll see what they say!

On an orange lip bomb note, am I crazy or is this really kinda okay??

I put a little dab on the back of my hand with a q-tip and kinda sheered it out and applied with the smearing finger. I'm kind of loving it actually...
That is really pretty!  I kinda would be okay with that.. Mine comes tomorrow.

Originally Posted by ribox22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It must be for mixing with other shades to get a different effect. Several of the lines that are used by makeup artists have mixes like that.

Quote: Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good idea! I e-mailed them, we'll see what they say!

On an orange lip bomb note, am I crazy or is this really kinda okay??

Looks fine to me. I would still question it for my skin tone, but warmish complexions should be fine if applied sparingly.

I looked up swatches of the NYX lipstick Margarita, and they look more coral than orange, so there's hope there, too. 

Good idea! I e-mailed them, we'll see what they say! On an orange lip bomb note, am I crazy or is this really kinda okay?? Looks nice on you!! Must just be my severe pale/pinkness that makes it look wicked on me! Although my daughter is more olive and she looked crazy with it too lol oh well overall I'm pretty happy

Back