• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

HauteLook & Nordstrom Summer Beauty Bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i decided to pass on this so i could get the Allure box but i'm living vicariously through you ladies by stalking the CRAP outta this thread :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I love love love orange lipglosses(Sephora Orange Juice is my fave so far) so if anyone wants to trade that orange lipbomb away...just sayin, i would NOT say no, just thought i'd throw that out there :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by ribox22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very underwhelmed with mine too - and I received a WHITE Mirenesse lip bomb! It's not a nude white either - it's a full on metallic white one!
I would LOVE a WHITE lip bomb! It's amazing to mix with other colors. They don't have to be Mirenesse lippies either...you can use it to lighten and brighten any shade.

Originally Posted by knightsgirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Good idea! I e-mailed them, we'll see what they say!

On an orange lip bomb note, am I crazy or is this really kinda okay??

I put a little dab on the back of my hand with a q-tip and kinda sheered it out and applied with the smearing finger. I'm kind of loving it actually...
It looks REALLY great on you!!!!

My bag arrived and I LOVE IT!

The Mirenesse is in #22 a really pretty dusty plum.

And the NYX is in Vitamin...a beautiful frosty coral.

I hope everyone else is happy with their bags!

I got the white lip bomb in mine..well I guess I will have to play around with it. Looks a little scary!

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got this too! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Mine's arriving tomorrow... hope it's the same as yours!!

I'm still waiting for mine!  According to tracking it'll be here friday but I'm so over waiting! 

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got #22 as well ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> very happy. It mixes really great with the #2 red for a vampy look
Did you try it on it's own?

I haven't swatched mine yet, in case I give it to my friend.

Did you try it on it's own?

I haven't swatched mine yet, in case I give it to my friend.
Yep! I put it on by itself first, then i dotted some of the red on it.

I can take pictures / swatch it tomorrow. I was going to write a blog post for like the first time in several months e_e oops

My bag came today...

I agree I thought it was a polka dot bag too not just printed card board.

My lip bomb was red orange color... I'm not too sure about it

and the brush set was missing :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  haute look gave me $10 credit for it being missing when I called them.

I did kind of like the perfume which is a lot coming from me as I am not a perfume person.

Over all kinda of underwhelmed.

I ordered 2 bags and they both came with the Mirenesse #27 :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  On a good note, they both had all the contents and were in good condition.  One had the NYX in Margarita and the other in vitamin.  I do like the bag other than the Mirensesse, I will use everything else and the other is a good gift for my sister.

Yep! I put it on by itself first, then i dotted some of the red on it.

I can take pictures / swatch it tomorrow. I was going to write a blog post for like the first time in several months e_e oops
That's awesome!!!!

Ugh. I got Mirenesse #27. I did get a pink (margarita) NYX lipstick, though. I don't wear many lip products anyway since they wear off so easily (think I lick my lips too much for lip glosses/sticks haha). The Lorac mascara looks promising; skinny brush & nice rubber bristles which seem to work best for me. The perfume is.... uh, interesting... old ladyish. Brushes look cheap. Not sure this is really worth the $25 ($30??) I paid for it. 

Originally Posted by LovelyLush /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ugh. I got Mirenesse #27. I did get a pink (margarita) NYX lipstick, though. I don't wear many lip products anyway since they wear off so easily (think I lick my lips too much for lip glosses/sticks haha). The Lorac mascara looks promising; skinny brush & nice rubber bristles which seem to work best for me. The perfume is.... uh, interesting... old ladyish. Brushes look cheap. Not sure this is really worth the $25 ($30??) I paid for it. 
oh great im lwaving work now and mine is waiting for me at my house, i hope im not missing sttuff!!! i hate old lady perfume i soooo many from these boxes

I received mine a few days ago with the #27 disaster (for me, pale as the moon). I haven't had a chance to test anything out yet but am planning to play around with the bag this weekend. My first reaction though was a bit let down because I too thought the bag had the polka dot pattern on it and really, 1 tan towel ? When it clearly says half-body? For the price I think 2 should have been included. Am I really supposed to do only half my body ? Right now though I think the number and size of the items included overall was good for the price. We'll see after I've had time to test everything out.

I can't remember if it was here or the other thread I promised someone I'd do Mirenesse swatches:

Actually looking at this thread, it probably was here. XD; Anyway:

nude / #22 / #22 combined with #2 - I have a vertical comparison picture too but it might be easier with horizontal.

(I apologize for my crappy skin but at this point in my life I've given up on it. You'll have to forgive me for being an advocate of "people who have bad skin can wear makeup too" >:

And here's skin swatches:

For me, it looks like a really pretty nude / your lips but better colour. Most of the ones companies come up with are too pale for my skintone. I'm glad I got #22 because it also matches with the UD lip pencil!

it looks fantastic on you!

Thank you for posting!!!!!

I can't remember if it was here or the other thread I promised someone I'd do Mirenesse swatches:

Actually looking at this thread, it probably was here. XD; Anyway:

nude / #22 / #22 combined with #2 - I have a vertical comparison picture too but it might be easier with horizontal.

(I apologize for my crappy skin but at this point in my life I've given up on it. You'll have to forgive me for being an advocate of "people who have bad skin can wear makeup too" >:

And here's skin swatches:

For me, it looks like a really pretty nude / your lips but better colour. Most of the ones companies come up with are too pale for my skintone. I'm glad I got #22 because it also matches with the UD lip pencil!

Back