Honey and baking soda

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by SumtingSweet /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wow...it worked. I used it as a mask after I removeed my makeup with Pond's Cleansing Cream. I mixed equal parts in a bowl and slathered it on my damp face. It was a lot less sticky than I thought it was going to be because if the baking soda.
Well anyway I had a huge pimple on my cheek and a cluster of very small ones in the middle of my forehed (sound's gross righ? my skin is being bad
frown.gif
). The zit on my cheek dried up a lot and all of the pimples look a lot smaller and less red. And my face feels smooooth!

yay! sounds good! keep us posted
smile.gif

AAAH I have this on my face right now and I can feel the tingle
tongue.gif
.... SUCH an urge to itch. Just wondering though, how hard was this to get off? Also it was hard to get on and kinda pulled at my skin from the stickiness of the honey I guess.

Originally Posted by posterofagirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif AAAH I have this on my face right now and I can feel the tingle
tongue.gif
.... SUCH an urge to itch. Just wondering though, how hard was this to get off? Also it was hard to get on and kinda pulled at my skin from the stickiness of the honey I guess. happened to me too. But guess what? it isnt hard at all to take off. just wash your face. the baking soda should act as an exfoliator. Let us know how it worked for you!

Hmm well that wasn't too hard to get off, thankfully. Did you leave your skin to breathe over night or did you put mosituriser on or anything? I can't wait to see if it's changed anything tomorrow.

Got me honey and baking soda at the local albertsons today
marchmellow.gif

I'm going to try this out over the weekend and report back with results!

Thanks again empericalbeauty!

Originally Posted by posterofagirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hmm well that wasn't too hard to get off, thankfully. Did you leave your skin to breathe over night or did you put mosituriser on or anything? I can't wait to see if it's changed anything tomorrow. When I did it I moisturized after. My face was so soft!

Originally Posted by posterofagirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yeah, I decided to put my moisturiser on, my skin felt really dry and hurt
tongue.gif
Now it feels super soft. Moisturizing afterwards is a must! because baking soda so yeah...moisturize def.

k.. so i have it on. its REALLY thick and felt strange but cool when i put it on... now its kinda tingly, i have always used honey but never thought of baking soda. ill let you know how it truns out

I have used honey as a mask before and baking soda as an exfoliator, but never thought of mixing the two. Thanks for the tip! I will have to try it.

WOW. this sounds too good to be true. I need to give it a try. I tried the aspirin mask last night and it was ok...but nothing spectacular...I will just need to try this...waht kind of honey did you get? is it just the normal kind they sell at safeway?

Originally Posted by makeupchicky /img/forum/go_quote.gif WOW. this sounds too good to be true. I need to give it a try. I tried the aspirin mask last night and it was ok...but nothing spectacular...I will just need to try this...waht kind of honey did you get? is it just the normal kind they sell at safeway? yup. Any kind of honey will do.

Originally Posted by empericalbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have this mask on right now and it tingles..not in a OMG MY FACE IS BURNING..more of a soft tingle..and I checked in the mirror..I dont see the huge bump that was near my hairline..its still there but not as noticeable! :
tongue.gif
syched:: Just mix baking soad and honey and apply a thick paste to your face. The honey really moisturizes the skin so the baking soda shouldnt dry you out that much Thanks for the info!

Well I tried this on Sunday, and I will be honest, I didn't feel any tingling and my face kind of looked the same afterwards.
frown.gif
I'm a little bit disappointed with this, I like homemade masks, and have used honey before, but this didn't do anything for me. I think I will try it one more time, but everything doesn't always work for everybody. For the people this does work for..........right on!!!!. Easy and cheap beauty info is the best!!!

I mix honey, baking soda or aspirin and green tea powder!

its reeeeally good!!!

Back