Honey for blemishes...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honey is great...I use it as a face mask and sometimes I mix it with sugar for a facial scrub. I also use Queen Helen Mint Julep Mask too.

I tried this a couple of times and I'm sad to say that it did not do much, if anything, for me. I guess it's one of those things that works for some, but not all. Although it did make my skin feel nice and soft in the morning after I washed the honey off, lol.

I tried it last night and it really works.

I currently have two HUGE pimples one on my chin and the other on my temple

I think it really helped.

I am going to try it again tonight

I'll have to try too but the only honey I have in the house I got in Portugal. I have a whopper starting on my cheek.

Yes, honey is known for its soothing and anti-microbial properties. However, it is not a quick fix, nor does it clear pimples overnight. If it did, I would be drowning in the stuff, believe me... ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

A few weeks ago, I posted a question on oily skin/acne I believe. After some research, I decided to try a natural approach.

2 tbsp fullers earth clay

1 teaspoon honey

1 tbsp water or half & half (I had to use more)

1 drop essential oil of your choice (optional)

After 3 days of using this mask the acne is almost gone and the acne scars have lightened on my cheeks. I am satisfied with the results. Thank the Lord for that.

I also found it hard to locate the fullers earth clay because while there are plenty of health food stores, there are almost no natural/wholistic beauty stores. I found the earth clay in a spice store. I did find a company online that sells everything you could possible need. Mountain Rose Herbs | Bulk organic herbs, spices & essential oils

I've actually done this and it works. The blemish doesn't go away completely but it gets smaller. It's so exciting. I used it like 2 nights in a row and it worked really well for me. I can say that if you have a blemish go ahead and try it. You've got nothing to loose!

Before you run to the cupboard, you should know that the variety of honeys are widely varied in their effectiveness, so not all types are the same.

Some honeys may not be any better for your teeth than refined sugar, but at the other end of the spectrum, there are honeys which are outstanding for their antimicrobial properties. It appears that the majority of research on honey's antimicrobial properties and effectiveness in treating gum disease come out of New Zealand in the past half-dozen years. Most of this may be attributable to Dr. Peter C. Molan, Associate Professor of Biochemistry at the University of Waikato, New Zealand:

"Honey contains an enzyme that produces hydrogen peroxide which is believed to be the main reason for the antimicrobial activity of honey. Types of honey differ greatly in their antimicrobial potency, varying as much as a hundred fold. The research has shown that honey not only stops the growth of the dental plaque bacteria, it reduces the amount of acid produced, which stops the bacteria from producing dextran. Dextran, a component of dental plaque, is the gummy polysaccharide that the bacteria produce in order to adhere to the surface of the teeth."

Honey derived from the Manuka (Leptospermum scoparium) bush, found in abundance in New Zealand, claims the highest potency of antimicrobial properties. In fact, Maruka honey's antibacterial factor is unaffected by enzymes in the body that destroy hydrogen peroxide components. (Normally, peroxide isn't considered a good antimicrobial because the body too quickly dilutes it.) It also has an exceptionally high level of plant-derived antimicrobial activity. Antioxidants in honey prevent the formation of free radicals and the nutrient supply of honey is an important factor in new tissue growth, damaged by infection, as well.

In addition, a 'medicinal' honey has been developed in New Zealand and Queensland, Australia to fight against 'superbugs,' such as multiple-resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and vancomycin-resistant enterococci (VRE), attributable to a reported 100 deaths a week in the UK, according to one report.

FYI

ouch i dont like the sound of bandaid on the face...i mite give it a go though!

Back