Honey for blemishes...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info.! Can you please edit your post and make sure you credit the source of your information? ie: did you pull this article from a website?

I have always heard honey is an antibacterial. It is the only food that can last 100's of years and never go bad.

That is true! Although, it depends on how you store the honey. If you keep it in those clear plastic containers that you see in the stores when you buy them, they will lose it's antibacterial properties over time. If you keep it in a opaque jar or mug, it will keep indefinitely.

I LOVE honey. I use in my masks, cleansers, over night spot treatments. Works wonders. :]

i've only tried drinking honey for health... the posts here makes me want to try it out on my face right away :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i used to have a honey scrub (dead sea salt & honey), i guess i'll just make my own scrub with brown sugar or something

I tried honey and Im not sure if it did much for me. But I will tell you what did, lemon juice and egg white. I mixed these two together and put it on my trouble spots and left it on overnight. WHen I got up the next morning I washed my face and the blemishes were peeling right off with the dead skin. Im telling you this formula thing works wonders.

i so wish i could try, because i love the use of honey.Unfortunately i am allergic to the use of band-aids! ever heard of that! ;(

anyways, i always use honey and a vita E capsule everynight before i go to bed as a natural moisturiser and it helps make my skin supple and smooth! ;p

Will try this out

Thanks for the tip :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also read someplace that apparently lemon juice is good for blemishes....? anyone know more about this...?

How about cutting a tiny square of gauze to put over the honey? instead of an adhesive bandaid?

Yeah, and the honey will make it stick to the skin nicely. I wouldn't like using bandaids anyway, they hurt when you peel them off and they leave glue marks.

The honey mask from L'Occitane works pretty well! It smells so yummy 0_0

Back