Le Matchbox (Jouer Quarterly Subscription) *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has any one had issues with the eye shadow? I can hardly get it to open , and when I did , the crayon broke off quite a bit.

Do you mind sharing what shades exactly?  I'm cool too!  I saw some pics of the interns packing the boxes on instagram, and it looks like there are at least 5 lip gloss options though. 
Sure, I received the COOL box. Meant to take a  picture of the opening but so excited I forgot.

Full size daily treatment oil

Powder blush color PEONY (sort of a hot pink color but goes on a lighter pink)

Eyeshadow creme stick in ABSTRACT, light black with shimmer. You can sharpen it &turn it into an eyeliner or use as a shadow. 

Hydrating lipstick color WHITNEY (a bright pink). No lip gloss in my box, only lipstick.

Travel curler

Sample of Jouer perfume oil

One flat Kabuki brush

Last edited by a moderator:
My box just got here! I chose warm so I'm interested in seeing what's in it. Will report back in a bit with pictures

This has to be the prettiest subscription box out there! I absolutely love the packaging and everything in it. Thank you @@lauradiniwilk for posting about this box! I'm so glad I was able to order one.

Here is what was in my box:

-Daily treatment oil
-Travel eye lash curler
-Mineral powder blush in peach bouquet
-mini powder brush
-Eye shadow crayon in renaissance
-Lipstick in Meredith

I'm really happy with the blush and the lipstick colors. They are colors I will definitely wear. I think this is an amazing box. I also didn't know the makeup is paraben free. That's an extra bonus.

le matchbox jouer 4.JPGle matchbox jouer 3.JPGle matchbox jouer2.JPG

No problem, @@Reija!  I saw it on MSA and it was too good to pass up.  I do the le métier de beaute one too, and think that more brands should have subs like this. 

One thing that is kind of a bummer...people on instagram were saying that the warm tones get a leopard print bag with theirs too, but cool tones don't.  I wonder what's up with that?  Can everyone please post whether they are warm or cool, and if theirs had a makeup bag?  Thanks!

Mine was warm and I didn't get the leopard print bag so maybe it's just some boxes that had it. I subscribed late so maybe that has something to do with it.

Just got an email that this box is now available for order again. It was out of stock I guess.

Just got an email that this box is now available for order again. It was out of stock I guess.
Yep, it was sold out. I hesitated for a few days, and when I finally decided to subscribe it was gone, so I added my email to the wait list. Now I got a Warm box coming to me soon, and I'm very excited about it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've been hesitating buying this box because I already got the Rachel Zoe and popsugar boxes. Is it worth it? I'm not a fan of the lipsticks I've seen in the box (i wear really bright lips) but i've heard good things about the serum. I hope if i buy it it won't be the cleanser! Hence the hesitation

i signed up yesterday for the warm box - Jouer's matte tint is my HG item and I do love Jouer's products.  So excited to get this!

I am hoping that the quiz will get more specific - especially if they start adding their face tints in there.  I was happy to see they asked what type of skin you had, so maybe they will also break it out by oily - normal - dry as well

It is funny - I hate coral lippies (which they say I will love) but I agree with the blush choice (I do like peach blushes) and eyeshadow choices - haha

I signed up for both the warm and cool box.  The quiz said  was cool .  I wish they had skin tone on it , I don't see how they can send us foundations and stuff.

I was never really a fan of Jouer. I thought the products were ok (after trying a few from Birchboxes) until I ordered this box. Now I love the brand. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> I think the box is a great value, the packaging is gorgeous and the products are high quality. The shades in the warm box were perfect for me. I was worried that they were going to be too dark or something but they were spot on.

I was wondering the same about how they could pick the foundation shades etc for these boxes. Seems like the quiz needs some fine tuning. I'm really happy with the box even though I didn't get the pouch either. I tried the blush on right away and it's my new favorite. Now I'm considering ordering a tinted moisturizer or a foundation.

HSN sells Jouer and they have some great little kits there.  I own the naturally radiant collection and picked up the fresh face today - because it is a great deal and I think this would be a great b-day present for my 15 year old niece

@Reija  if you can wait for this to come back in more colors, birchbox has a GREAT deal with the matte tint (if you want the matte one)

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/jouer-beautyblender-perfectly-primed-collection

it is cheaper than the matte tint by 2.00!  and it includes a beauty blender, BB cleanser and a primer + full sized tint color of your choice.

Right now, they only have hazel as the color, but I think they will restock with the colors (I hope they do - it is a great deal)

Thanks @@biancardi for the recommendations! I actually saw that kit on BB's site yesterday looking for Jouer stuff. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> I saw it was out of stock :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> It would have been a great kit to order because I don't have the regular size beauty blender, only the minis. Not sure if I have the patience to wait until it comes back in stock. I'm suppose to be on low buy/no buy so maybe it being out of stock is a good thing.

Back