[LIST] Subscription services

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, I'd actually forgotten the "affiliate purchasing" of MyGlam and the related shops that the other subscription companies have. But I think between us, we covered the range of profit points, huh? Bottom line, if handled correctly, they won't be losing money, not at all.

iagree.gif

www.beautybox5.com $12 month to month and shops to both US and Canada. There's a code for the 2nd month free with BOGO5. I just found out about the this site today. The site is super adorable.

It's cute but the layout looks like a generic template. I'll be passing on that one. Even the Who Is on the site is registered to a bulk registration company with no real contact. No information on who owns it, no phone number to contact, only one email to contact them. Nope, definitely one I'll pass since they don't tell you what companies they work with or any thing that would make me go "I WANT TO JOIN THAT!" Subscriber beware with that company, right now alarm bells are ringing for me with that company.

Yeah, their FAQ even says to check out their brands page....but there IS no brands page (at least before ya sign up)

That's unfortunate, I would have liked this company to be a good one since it's based in Austin and I would have gotten my shipments quickly! 

Have any of you guys heard of Influenster Voxboxes?  From what i've read, Influenster.com lets you rate products/take surveys to get badges which then makes you eligible to receive boxes of samples.  I believe the catch is that you have to review these products on a blog or twitter or something in order to advertise the products.

Beauty By Krystal's blog explains it a little better:

http://www.beautybykrystal.com/2012/01/what-is-influenster.html

If anyone's interested, I found a few more good looking subscription services:

http://goodebox.com/

Healthy/Sustainable beauty products

Customized samples

$16/mo for 6 or MORE (one source I looked at said 7-10) samples and 20% off full purchases

http://lovewithfood.com/

$14/mo and each box donates a meal to charity

http://cakestyleme.com/

This one seems interesting.  I'm not sure on the details but depending on your style and measurements they send you a box of clothes and accessories.  You keep what you like and return what you don't for free.

I got the holiday voxbox. Some people didn't like it because of the items being mainly drugstore but the box itself is completely free, you don't even pay for shipping. 

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have any of you guys heard of Influenster Voxboxes?  From what i've read, Influenster.com lets you rate products/take surveys to get badges which then makes you eligible to receive boxes of samples.  I believe the catch is that you have to review these products on a blog or twitter or something in order to advertise the products.

Beauty By Krystal's blog explains it a little better:

http://www.beautybykrystal.com/2012/01/what-is-influenster.html

I looked into lovewithfood.com a little more and it actually looks pretty good if you like food boxes. I also found a coupon for a free first box if anyone is interested: FBVIP is the coupon

Also there seems to be a pretty neat point system.  Seems like it may take a bit longer than Birchbox's system though since it's 1000=10.  But you get 60 just for signing up and linking your facebook to it, and then 5 for product reviews and points for sharing recipes and rating others'.

Has anyone received a box from them?

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I looked into lovewithfood.com a little more and it actually looks pretty good if you like food boxes. I also found a coupon for a free first box if anyone is interested: FBVIP is the coupon

Also there seems to be a pretty neat point system.  Seems like it may take a bit longer than Birchbox's system though since it's 1000=10.  But you get 60 just for signing up and linking your facebook to it, and then 5 for product reviews and points for sharing recipes and rating others'.

I've found a LOT of reviews online for bloggers who have gotten a free box to review/advertise.  But I haven't come across any reviews of paying customers yet.  I have a feeling that last month was their first box and that's why.  Their community is really big though, you don't have to have the subscription to get points and get deals on food. So I think they are a pretty good company given the large community they have.

But if you're just looking for an idea of what's in the box, if you just search lovewithfood review you'll find close to 50 blogs that have it.

A new subscription service I just found out about is little black bag.  It is 49.95 a month or 59.95 for a one time only option.  If you like their facebook page you get 10% off your first bag.  At this time you can also do the one time only for the 49.95 because they are just launching. It is a service all about accessories.  You get to pick your first item, a handbag, wallet, sunglasses, jewlery piece etc.  They then pick out 2-3 myster items for you.  Brands are Kenneth Jay Lane, Betsey Johnson, R&Em, Streetlevel, BCBGeneration and more.  After you buy your bag you find out your mystery items.  You can keep them if you want or you have seven days to swap with members on the site for their mystery items.  When you like your bag you have it shipped or can cancel.  I signed up and my first bag includes a 74 dollar Street Level messenger bag, a $50 dollar pair of Lydell NYC earrings, and a $36 dollar Carol Duplaise necklace.  All are super cute and my style.  {Referral deleted per terms of service}  I would really appreciate it!  I have tried myglam, gogogirlfriend (disaster) and am tired of makeup subscriptions but this one seems fun and worth the money.

The first step is admitting you have a problem lol.  I freely admit mine!  You are surrounded by addicts here 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by freyabecca /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am becoming a beauty sample box addict. Ahhhh!

I just found out His Black Box has gone out of business - temporarily.

Dear Black Boxers,

We want to take this time to thank you for your relentless support and enthusiasm. It was only seven months ago that we launched Black Box with the vision of bringing the best products to our members year-round. We've been overwhelmed with the growth of our customer base and brand partnerships in such a short period of time.

For 2012, we've decided to pause and join forces with a strategic partner to take Black Box to new heights.  This means our website will be down and we will not be fulfilling or accepting orders at this time.  For those customers with pending orders, we have refunded your payments and will reach out when we're ready to put your grooming on auto-pilot, again.

If you have questions, please contact us at [email protected].

Upward & Onward,

The Black Box Team

I know this isn't really beauty, make-up or fashion, but DIY is definitely in style for a lot of people right now. My friend got me a gift subscription to Whimsey Box which is a craft-subscription box.

They fill it with all sorts of fun craft items. It's based out of Huston, TX

it's $15/mo. at www.whimseybox.com

here's a picture of my February box

Do you think it is worth $15 a month?

Originally Posted by jaimelesmots /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know this isn't really beauty, make-up or fashion, but DIY is definitely in style for a lot of people right now. My friend got me a gift subscription to Whimsey Box which is a craft-subscription box.

They fill it with all sorts of fun craft items. It's based out of Huston, TX

it's $15/mo. at www.whimseybox.com

here's a picture of my February box

Back