[LIST] Subscription services

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea I agree 15 is probably way too much for me, especially when I don't know the quality of stuff I will be getting. But there are a TON coming out, makes me wonder if they really are that profitable to run? Seems like it couldn't be that profitable yet a million are popping up left and right!

Originally Posted by pharmatwizz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yea I agree 15 is probably way too much for me, especially when I don't know the quality of stuff I will be getting. But there are a TON coming out, makes me wonder if they really are that profitable to run? Seems like it couldn't be that profitable yet a million are popping up left and right!
Well, let's be honest...they aren't paying for these samples we get! From what I read, beauty army is even working on deals with companies to be paid to send out their samples. They also absolutely make a commission off of the full size things they sell from their websites. 

$15 is a lot. Some companies may buy their samples however. If they're new they might. It's not that expensive to ship, a couple bucks if that. If you have 2 $15 subs you could get 3 for the same price. The more the merrier :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by winkiepup /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone have experience with Whimseybox?

I'm new to the subscriptions thing but just signed up for Birchbox and would love to try out Whimseybox as well. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am currently receiving Whimseybox as a gift. It is very cute, run out of Houston, TX. I believe it is $15/month and you get a variety of crafty things. They do have some examples of projects you can do with the stuff inside. It is a pretty random assortment, for example I got 2 things of Martha Stewart glitter, a fat quarter of satin fabric, a "string" of rhinestones, and some leather "yarn" this month. I am still undecided whether it is worth $15/month. It is fun to try and be creative with the stuff you receive though :)

When I joined this forum I had MyGlam and was waiting for my first BB.

I now have:

Monthly

MyGlam

TWO Birchboxes (TV box mania! lol)

Beauty Army

Julep Maven

Sinduldge

Quarterly

Beautyfix

and possibly Test Tube (both QVC and the regular one) when I can.

My favorite beauty boxes, so far, as I haven't received Sinduldge yet, are Birchbox (love the points, love the store, love the customer service, going annual soon) and Beauty Army (great sample sizes, excellent customer service, fun Facebook wall). MyGlam started off strong, I haven't been upset with them at all, but they can stand to have better customer service. Customer service makes or breaks a company for me. 

Julep Maven is fantastic and I will keep it because I can skip a month at any time, they have stellar customer service, I love the extras, and I can switch styles if I want. I don't include it in my fave beauty boxes as it's a nail polish box. I love it and it's not going anywhere.

That said, if I could only keep one thing out of everything I subscribe to it would be... BEAUTYFIX! Funny enough. 
icon_lol.gif

With Beautyfix I got almost all full sized products (the deluxe samples, that were truly deluxe, were of super expensive things) and the value of my box tripled what I paid. I, personally, (I say personally because this was not the case for others) had great customer service. I get to pick what I want and they have a lot that I want.

I just cancelled Myglam and Julep Maven. Right now I have Birchbox, sindulge and sample society. I wish I could afford them all!

Ladies I am a complete addict! I just signed up for Sindulge. I already have Jewelmint, BB, Julep maven(2), GGG, Myglam, thelookbag, beauty5, beauty army(2), platinum box, beautybar, and little black bag! 
icon_eek.gif

I really want to try out Little Black Bag but in order to do that, I need to dump a couple of other subscription services.

Currently I have 

Birchbox - $10

Beauty Army - $12

Sindulge - $12

Beauty Box 5 - $12

The Look Bag - $10

Sample Society - $15

I know I am keeping Birchbox and Beauty Army, I'd like to keep at least one more (leaning towards Sindulge) so if I end up dumping BB5, Look Bag and SS, I could justify picking up LBB at $50 a month.

ARGH! Decisions! A part of me just wants to say screw it and keep them all but $120 in subs a month is a tad overkill.

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really want to try out Little Black Bag but in order to do that, I need to dump a couple of other subscription services.

Currently I have 

Birchbox - $10

Beauty Army - $12

Sindulge - $12

Beauty Box 5 - $12

The Look Bag - $10

Sample Society - $15

I know I am keeping Birchbox and Beauty Army, I'd like to keep at least one more (leaning towards Sindulge) so if I end up dumping BB5, Look Bag and SS, I could justify picking up LBB at $50 a month.

ARGH! Decisions! A part of me just wants to say screw it and keep them all but $120 in subs a month is a tad overkill.
I wouldn't bother with little black bag. I got my first one and immediately cancelled. I know stuff was from past seasons, but it also all looked really cheap and besides the main item, the other things aren't that good. 

Just thought I would put on here another subscription service that has started on March 1st. It's The Soap Box from Fortune Cookie Soaps.

The box is $19.99 with shipping included every 3 months, the concept is a way for you to try out mini-version of their new bath and body products/scents before their big seasonal launches throughout the year. You get 8 samples in each box and also an emailed $10 gift card code to use toward your next purchase. If you haven't heard of this company, they are really wonderful people and have amazing quality handmade products. The only downside is that they are currently sold out of subscriptions, but they do have a wait list started for the next quarter's box. Oh! And they do also offer this internationally, but with pricing differences to compensate for the increased shipping of course. It is $28.00 for Canada and $34.00 anywhere else. 

I was lucky enough to get one of the 100 subscription spots when it was released at midnight on March 1st (which by the way, sold out in about 10 minutes if that attests at all to the quality of the products) and my box was shipped out later that same day with an emailed tracking number. I should be expecting it very soon. I will put a couple links in this post, one to the Fortune Cookie Soaps webpage for The Soap Box and one to a blog post of someone who got to test out the box early, so you can see some more pictures and that person's opinions on the products included. I figured I would mention this since it seems like a great service from an awesome company and I know I'm not the only one who loves these monthly subscriptions (even if our wallets don't! 
rolleyes.gif
)

http://www.fortunecookiesoap.com/pages/the-soap-box

http://www.vampyvarnish.com/2012/02/fortune-cookie-soap-soap-box-subscription/

Originally Posted by atrid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just thought I would put on here another subscription service that has started on March 1st. It's The Soap Box from Fortune Cookie Soaps.

The box is $19.99 with shipping included every 3 months, the concept is a way for you to try out mini-version of their new scents bath and body products/scents before their big seasonal launches throughout the year. You get 8 samples in each box and also an emailed $10 gift card code (which is actually a gift card, not a coupon) to use toward your next purchase. If you haven't heard of this company, they are really wonderful people and have amazing quality handmade products. The only downside is that they are currently sold out of subscriptions, but they do have a wait list started for the next quarter's box. Oh! And they do also offer this internationally, but with pricing differences to compensate for the increased shipping of course. It is $28.00 for Canada and $34.00 anywhere else. 

I was lucky enough to get one of the 100 subscription spots when it was released at midnight on March 1st (which by the way, sold out in about 10 minutes if that attests at all to the quality of the products) and my box was shipped out later that same day with an emailed tracking number. I should be expecting it very soon. I will put a couple links in this post, one to the Fortune Cookie Soaps webpage for The Soap Box and one to a blog post of someone who got to test out the box early, so you can see some more pictures and that person's opinions on the products included. I figured would mention this since it seems like a great service from an awesome company and I know I'm not the only one who loves these monthly subscriptions (even if our wallets don't! 
rolleyes.gif
)

Wow! That sounds really great! 19.99 every 3 months isn't bad. I'm definitely going to keep this on my radar.

I saw this too. I have used one of their soaps before and wasn't really that impressed. It would be fun to try something for one month but since they're a smaller business the quantity will be very limited and people will be pining for spots ):

Originally Posted by atrid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The box is $19.99 with shipping included every 3 months, the concept is a way for you to try out mini-version of their new bath and body products/scents before their big seasonal launches throughout the year. You get 8 samples in each box and also an emailed $10 gift card code (which is actually a gift card, not a coupon) to use toward your next purchase. If you haven't heard of this company, they are really wonderful people and have amazing quality handmade products. The only downside is that they are currently sold out of subscriptions, but they do have a wait list started for the next quarter's box. Oh! And they do also offer this internationally, but with pricing differences to compensate for the increased shipping of course. It is $28.00 for Canada and $34.00 anywhere else. 

I was lucky enough to get one of the 100 subscription spots when it was released at midnight on March 1st (which by the way, sold out in about 10 minutes if that attests at all to the quality of the products) and my box was shipped out later that same day with an emailed tracking number. I should be expecting it very soon. I will put a couple links in this post, one to the Fortune Cookie Soaps webpage for The Soap Box and one to a blog post of someone who got to test out the box early, so you can see some more pictures and that person's opinions on the products included. I figured I would mention this since it seems like a great service from an awesome company and I know I'm not the only one who loves these monthly subscriptions (even if our wallets don't! 
rolleyes.gif
)

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I saw this too. I have used one of their soaps before and wasn't really that impressed. It would be fun to try something for one month but since they're a smaller business the quantity will be very limited and people will be pining for spots ):
Yeah, that is the bad part of it all. They said that they definitely weren't expecting as many people wanting a box, which is why they only made 100 available for this first run to sort of test the waters on it all. Hopefully the wait list they are setting up helps them gauge how many boxes they will have to make each quarter, but you are right, they are a small company and can only do so much. 

This was on Goodebox's FB page, in case anyone is considering them!

"Hi ladies. March will actually be our first box. Each box will contain a mix of products, so, for example, one month might be a facial serum, a body cream, eye color, cleanser, lip balm and mask. Another might be shampoo, conditioner, styling aid, sunscreen, cheek color, concealor and a scent. It will vary month to month, and where products are based on specific skin or hair type, you will receive items based on your Member Profile. I hope that helps!"

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wouldn't bother with little black bag. I got my first one and immediately cancelled. I know stuff was from past seasons, but it also all looked really cheap and besides the main item, the other things aren't that good. 
Aw really?? Suckage! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Aw really?? Suckage! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah : it all looked so terrible I couldn't even be bothered to take pictures lol. It looked like they cleared out the dusty leftovers of a TJ Maxx warehouse and sold it for 50 dollars/box.

Oh, I'm excited about this one! I like getting a variety of products in one month
smilehappyyes.gif
 I just hope I'm not disappointed.

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

"Hi ladies. March will actually be our first box. Each box will contain a mix of products, so, for example, one month might be a facial serum, a body cream, eye color, cleanser, lip balm and mask. Another might be shampoo, conditioner, styling aid, sunscreen, cheek color, concealor and a scent. It will vary month to month, and where products are based on specific skin or hair type, you will receive items based on your Member Profile. I hope that helps!"

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I will really like this one. I love that I get to state in the profile that Im vegan! Sometimes I end up with products I cant use. But most luxury/deluxe brands already are vegan and cruelty free. 

I'll wait until April though because my subscriptions are out of control. Or maybe I will sign up. gah!

Latest posts

Back