Love with Food -- August Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a HUGE coffe-lover. If anyone tries this "coffee" tea, can you let me know how you liked it? It would be great to find something herbal to replace some of my daily coffee intake with.

Originally Posted by CookiesGirl327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mdnite, I think that might be over. I got the free box way back in April. I really had no intention on keeping this sub but it's great. They have a deal to get money off of ur first box if you go to their site, if u use the code JEANSVIP when ordering it will give you $2 off.

I got my September box. To be honest, it's my least favorite. The almond butter is a repeat, and I haven't tried the first one I got. I'm really not a fan of peanut butter, only sometimes.

The jelly...I'm not too excited for. I'm diabetic, and I try to use sugar free when it doesn't make a difference in taste (jelly syrup ice tea, etc). Luckily it's a small amount so I won't feel too bad eating it.

I was one of the few that HATED that freeze dried corn. It was awful. So the freeze dried fruit and edamame...eh. I'll try them but not expecting anything great

I'd be really excited about the granola if there weren't raisins. I'll probably try a piece or two, but give it to my boyfriend.

I don't eat a lot of salad, so the salad dressing is gonna be in my fridge for awhile.

I am nervous but kind of excited for the Teecino. I love coffee and tea, so it sounds interesting.

It's funny how everyone is tired of tea, I LOVE tea. I was kind of over it because Love With Food sends tea all the time. But I'm a semi hoarder and have all kinds of tea now waiting for me. I usually stick to plain black tea but now I have a lot of flavors to choose from.

MAYBE they will switch it up for fall and winter and send us exotic hot cocoas and cappuccino and coffee instead! (so exciting)

My mom LOVES the little jars that keep coming. From past boxes, The mustard was good, the caramel and hot fudge was good (I never add that to my ice cream though). Haven't tried the ketchup yet, and I feel like there's some more jars I'm forgetting
Thanks for the info. I am not sure yet what subscription(s) to try. Part of me is thinking to just try a beauty subscription because I need to lose weight so don't need any snacks/food. But on the other hand, I *LOVE* coffee and some tea, and love the idea of getting to try samples instead of buying full size. I have gambled on a few coffees and teas in the past and some I did like, but others I hated, and so it feels like you just wasted your money in those cases. And in this subscription, if some of the snacks are healthy, then that wouldn't be so bad. I have wanted to try almond butter but at the health food store in town they only have regular size jars and it's price (imo). I hate to try it and then not like it and waste like $13. I wonder why other nut butters are so much pricier than peanut butter. I guess peanuts are cheap.

Decisions, decisions....I never even heard of subscriptions like this before, and now I am seeing there are so many out there! It seems fun yet it is going to be hard to choose which one to try. A food one I can share with hubby and daughter. Although, when it comes to things like that, I always end up giving up things I know I would love if either of them want it. I kind of would like to treat myself for a change. With a beauty box I could always only give me daughter the things I don;t like, such as if I got like green nail polish or something, lol.

I just tried the vanilla nut Teecino. the first sip was okay...it had a weird taste, not quite coffee or tea. I didn't really like it. I'll try the other ones but...with hesitance lol

Originally Posted by mdnite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

But on the other hand, I *LOVE* coffee and some tea, and love the idea of getting to try samples instead of buying full size. I have gambled on a few coffees and teas in the past and some I did like, but others I hated, and so it feels like you just wasted your money in those cases.
You might want to check this out. Cravebox will be having a coffee lover's box in the near future and you can sign up to get a reminder when it is launched. http://www.cravebox.com/limited-edition-boxes.htm

Thanks, I just signed up to be notified. Part of me is worried, I am so picky with coffee, but it could be fun to try different samples.

I feel like the tea is the best part, for me. Seriously, I'm a part of birch box and would not have minded one bit had I received one of the boxes with tea this month. I notice that most of the subscription boxes love to send out the brand Mighty Leaf. Mmm! I want more jasmine. Can't get enough of the stuff. 

You're not the only one who didn't enjoy the corn. Blah! I'm not too fond of the edamame, either. I like eating mine fresh... and from Pei-Wei, the way it was intended to be eaten! :p 

I know! I hope they send out hot cocoas, too!! What do you suppose they'll send out for Halloween? I can't wait for that box!! <3 Their Halloween and Christmas boxes are probably gonna be pretty cool! 

I like trying tea samples too. I just got a box of green tea with jasmine, but haven't tried it yet. Was the sample you got black or green, with jasmine added, or like an herbal jasmine tea? One time someone gave me a little mini box that had one tea bag in it, I forget the brand, but it was black tea with lavender, and it was so good! I wish I could remember the brand. 

I am so torn on what subscription to try first - this food one, or Birch Box, or some other beauty one....it all sounds so good.

Originally Posted by mdnite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is there a place on their website to get a free sample box to try? I didn't see anything.
There are 2 codes out right now where your able to get your first month free use the code RECLIP or BLOOMSPOT and all you have to do is pay for $2 shipping.

Thank you for the coupon code. I just signed up! I hope there is a tea sample in the next box. I didn't realize the website also has recipes. I'll have to go browse through.

Originally Posted by ms becki /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I also signed up.  Can't beat $2 for my first box!  Plus, I love how they donate a meal. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I completely forgot that I signed up for this until a little while ago when I was cleaning out my email and came across one from them!  I think it's time to compile a list of all the stuff I have signed up for ... I clearly can't keep them straight!

Do they normally send out tracking numbers? I know it said they ship first week in october, but so far no tracking. Just trying to figure out what to expect.

They do usually send out tracking numbers.  My last three tracking numbers were on 9/11, 8/9, 7/8, so I think it is the second week of the month, not the first.  They have been great about communication and rapidly resolved the minor customer service issue that I had.

I am so ready for a snacks box. What time of the month do they usually let us know what they are sending? What time of the month do they usually ship?

It showed on thier facebook they are shipping this week. My account had showed next ship date first week october, now it says nov. 10, so it may have shipped.

I just checked out their facebook page, and they said their theme this month is gearing up for back to school, snacks for moms and kids. I'm not a mom, but I like snacks.

This is actually the first time I've received my tracking number for MyGlam before LwF. Weird. I wonder what the hold up is? 

I just totally abused that promo code for Love with Food.  I'm sending November boxes to all my siblings and sending my hubby his own box!!  $2 for each box!!! 

Originally Posted by casey anne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just totally abused that promo code for Love with Food.  I'm sending November boxes to all my siblings and sending my hubby his own box!!  $2 for each box!!! 
I should say I cancelled my sub then signed back up with the promo code for November.  Then I tried to see if  I could use it again (and again and again) and it worked.  Should I feel bad??  I used it 5 times!

Back