New Limited Box - La Praire

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man that was fast! Looks like people are already getting La Praire box!

Hmm... that might be a pr provided box. If not, I can see where gb priorities lie, as I neither have my jan box nor have received any communication from gb. If I were to receive the lp box first,that would certainly affirm my decision that gb is not a subscription worth keeping.

Gb is clearly most concerned with selling out than committing to exceeding customer expectations. I think birchbox commitment to improving their customers' experience has spoiled me.

Quote: Originally Posted by camel11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Those can't be full-size, right? Because the Dry oil is ~ $300

I found this on the full sizes of the products / prices:

http://www.beautyalmanac.com/article/La-Prairie-Cellular-Swiss-Ice-Crystal-Cream-Cellular-Swiss-Ice-Crystal-Dry-Oil/1625

La Prairie Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal is available in 50 ml / 1.7 FL OZ jar, and the suggested retail price for it is 260 Euro.

The Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Dry Oil arrives in 30 ml bottle, priced at 260 Euro as well.

The Dry Oil in the photo is 5 ml - so I think that would be about 43.3 Euro (or $59.25).  Not sure on the size of the other one since it's not shown in the pic.  Anyone have a guess?

all I can say is that looks like a great box and some good sizes there!

Which glossybox will come first?  My January one or my La Prairie one?  lol

Quote: Originally Posted by biancardi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  all I can say is that looks like a great box and some good sizes there!

Which glossybox will come first?  My January one or my La Prairie one?  lol
Ha! Both my Jan GB and LP Box have the same shipping status, which just updated this evening! "In Transit" but it appears the boxes haven't been received yet by the PO.

Honestly, they will arrive together.  Amazing.

Quote: Originally Posted by camel11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ha! Both my Jan GB and LP Box have the same shipping status, which just updated this evening! "In Transit" but it appears the boxes haven't been received yet by the PO.

Honestly, they will arrive together.  Amazing.
My January box does not have a valid shipping status, but my LP box does!  lol

Quote: Originally Posted by wldflowur13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone been able to find a list of all of the products and sizes for what's included in the box?

Back on page 2, I guesstimated the values for the first three items released:

Foam Cleanser  -  full size 125 ml / $75.00  (sample size from "Age Defense Set" 50 ml / $30.00 USD)Cellular Refining Lotion  -  full size 250 ml / $95.00  (sample size from "Age Defense Set" 60 ml / approx. $22.84 USD)Essence of Skin Caviar Eye Complex  -  full size 15 ml / $135.00 (sample size tubes I've seen on eBay are 5 ml / $45.00 USD)

With the pictures above I think we can add:

Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Cream  -  full size 50 ml / approx. $300.00 USD and 260 Euro (sample size still unknown)

Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Dry Oil  -  full size 30 ml / approx. $300.00 USD and 260 Euro (sample size in photo 5ml / value approx. $50.00 - $59.25 USD)

I had to buy it! It would not go through at first. It just grayed out the pay button when I clicked it and did nothing but then it worked. Payed with Paypal money I had so I only had 19 cents charged to my actual bank account.

My mom said she bought La Prairie at Costco once so I looked on their website and they have it on the Canadian website.

Back on page 2, I guesstimated the values for the first three items released: Foam Cleanser  -  full size 125 ml / $75.00  (sample size from "Age Defense Set" 50 ml / $30.00 USD) Cellular Refining Lotion  -  full size 250 ml / $95.00  (sample size from "Age Defense Set" 60 ml / approx. $22.84 USD) Essence of Skin Caviar Eye Complex  -  full size 15 ml / $135.00 (sample size tubes I've seen on eBay are 5 ml / $45.00 USD) With the pictures above I think we can add: Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Cream  -  full size 50 ml / approx. $300.00 USD and 260 Euro (sample size still unknown) Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Dry Oil  -  full size 30 ml / approx. $300.00 USD and 260 Euro (sample size in photo 5ml / value approx. $50.00 - $59.25 USD)
Thanks for the info. I'm tempted to buy it since its such a great value for what you pay. I'm confused though, is it all anti aging products? I'm 30 and hadn't really thought about using anti aging stuff yet.

Thanks for the info. I'm tempted to buy it since its such a great value for what you pay. I'm confused though, is it all anti aging products? I'm 30 and hadn't really thought about using anti aging stuff yet.
I'm 30 as well and am already obsessed with anti-aging products...lol...better to start now before it's too late ;-)

I'm 30 as well and am already obsessed with anti-aging products...lol...better to start now before it's too late ;-)
Hahaha I'm 30 too and had my husband buy me an anti aging kit from Ulta for Christmas. My family thought it was crazy but I said you have to start early BEFORE the wrinkles start appearing.

It's nearly impossible to reverse aging without surgery.... must easier to prevent and slow itdown!

I am 36 and I started using anti aging late twenties. I know when I'd go shopping with my mom when I was a teenager the sales people always pointed out how prevention is most important because it is impossible to reverse wrinkles completely. Creams will just soften them.

I'm in my 40s but I had a bad accident when I was in university that left with hot water burns on my face....with prevention my skin isn't doing too badly....but I've done the anti aging thing since my late 20's.

But TBH -  I truly believe the major anti aging things we can do are use sunscreen and not eat as much sugar (as I sit here holding a cookie)!!

Back