New Limited Box - La Praire

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in my 40s but I had a bad accident when I was in university that left with hot water burns on my face....with prevention my skin isn't doing too badly....but I've done the anti aging thing since my late 20's. But TBH -  I truly believe the major anti aging things we can do are use sunscreen and not eat as much sugar (as I sit here holding a cookie)!!
Your telling me...I'm the fairest California girl you'll meet. .lol...everyone Sunbathes here all year long..it's been uncommonly hot this winter! I just remind myself that I'll look better when I'm older from lack of Sun damage!

Sorry if this was previously asked, but do we know for sure that they are sample sized? No full sized items correct?
rolleyes.gif

Sorry if this was previously asked, but do we know for sure that they are sample sized? No full sized items correct? :rolleyes:
Pretty much sample or large sample sizes! Still an awesome deal for the money! I order a few of them so to last till I save up some $$$ to buy the full size products that I will use. I might find I won't use everything or can substitute a good but cheaper brand for something like the toner or cleanser and save for the moisturizer and serums that are the most important part of the regime.

I think it's hilarious how on the facebook page, people are commenting "I want to win this" on the posts about the La Praire announcement. 

I think it's hilarious how on the facebook page, people are commenting "I want to win this" on the posts about the La Praire announcement. 
But there isn't a contest!!! I would love to win too!!! Hahahaha! LOL.

Looks like the 'pre-sale' is over and the 'big' secret will be revealed in 22 hours or mid-night EST.  I still haven't gotten one yet, finally was going to pull the triger last night and 'pre-sale' was over.  

I wonder if that is a scheduled cut-off or are they out of inventory and the announcement at mid-night tonight would be "DUE TO POPULARE DEMAND...." type of apology.

Anyone got their's yet?  I know it's got the standard industry darlings of "hyaluronic acid, peptide, peptide production stimulent and some good oils"  and it's also got their campaigned product differentiation of "distilates of 2 wild flower that bloom in the snow and a snow alegae". 

The general cosmetic trend seem to be unearthing or discovering the elements that allows for a life-form to survive in extreme cold or unhospitable climate and then incorporating it's survival 'secret weapon' in a face cream to impart the same benefit to one's skin.  i.e. Algenist's alguronic acid (closely realated to hyaluronic acid).

It just seems like that the first 'deep pocket' that comes to market with a new substance can put the highest price tag on the 'latest and greatest'.  We all know how the pricing market work, it's often not what the true value of the prodcut is - price is determined by what the market will pay.  

The ability for any busines to make money is based on a 'knowledge gap' be it a lawyer, doctor or the guy that brings you your paper.  They know a way to get it to you either better, cheaper or more efficiently... or they are very successful at 'push' marketing.  

So yeah, I have no doubt that La Prarie is a fine product and so is Lancome's Absolue Precious Cells or Estee Lauder's ReNutrative.  But La Prarie's retail is twice that of any premium brand's top of line product.  So yeah, we know that their marketing and PR campaign is very sophisticated and successful.

Some sceience geek even grew stuff in Lancome's Aboslue Precious Cells and it sustained life better then any medium they had in the petri-dish.  So there is something to the creams.  

I'm ready to hand over $40 for the campaign!!

Just looked up their income statement, w/o too much effort I found 2012.  Thier profit margin for the year 2012 was 7.5%.  I suspect that includes the running of their world famed spa as well.  It's a smaller profit percentage then I would have guessed.  This IS a good deal!

http://annualreport2012.beiersdorf.com/en/consolidated-financial-statements/income-statement.html

2012 income:   â‚¬ 6,040 MM

2012 profit:      â‚¬     450 MM

Have those of you that bought this box, gotten shipping notifications yet? It's frustrating that Ive yet to receive my January, yet these boxes seem to already be going out. It is hard to not be irritated that the regular boxes/subscribers seem to be second rate/not matter as much.

Here is a youtube review of the box.  It's long, she actually gets to the first product around the 5:00 minute mark if you want to skip to that part.

Super glad I ordered my boxes when I got that email! I bet they were almost sold out before it went public! I think they held back a few for today that's why they stopped the campaign the other day so they had a few for this morning!!!

i successfully DIDN'T buy the la prairie box! i can still buy it this morning but resisted. i'm so proud of myself for not buying just because it's a 'good deal'. like i said before, i have too much great skincare products i want to try first. i hope everyone enjoys their box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Mine are in Indiana too!A. So excited! I have really been looking forward to this box! I have always wanted to try LaPrairie!

Didn't purchase one but I hope you all enjoy your boxes so much that I regret not purchasing one.

Got my box today in Massachusetts :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Cream .23 oz Dry Oil .17 oz Essence of Skin Caviar Eye Complex .17 oz Foam Cleanser 1.7 oz Cellular Refining Lotion 2.0 oz

Back