New Target Beauty Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought one!  Like many not happy about the whole FB thing but when I get my box I will go update the permissions.  Can't wait!

I figure that my friends are well aware of my Target obsession, so I don't care that they see it on my wall. I hardly post anything in it aside from auto posts from Citizen Radio nowadays, so Target is just a return to my roots. It was a standing joke for years: "If it's a day ending in the letter y, Meagan must be at Target!"

got one!  Totally enabled, but $5 sounded worthwhile.  Looking at the survey,  I'd be interested in a Target curated box in a couple of categories... Not that I need another subscription box
smilehappyyes.gif

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lame, you need a facebook account to get this. 
eusa_snooty.gif
That's what I said too. I am a huge sucker for Target, and ended up using my husband's Facebook to sign up. Not even Target can get me to go back on there!!
keule.gif
<--- How Facebook makes me feel

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just bought one!  Like many not happy about the whole FB thing but when I get my box I will go update the permissions.  Can't wait!
How do we turn off Target from posting on our fb?

where is the survey everyone is talking about? I ordered a box, and got a confirmation email but did not see the spoilers or the survey that showed them (I saw them on here because you guys are awesome at finding things out but i mean from target I didn't see them)

Originally Posted by klg534 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

where is the survey everyone is talking about? I ordered a box, and got a confirmation email but did not see the spoilers or the survey that showed them (I saw them on here because you guys are awesome at finding things out but i mean from target I didn't see them)
It's in the very very bottom of the email: 

By telling us what you think, you can make our second edition of Beauty Box by Target even better! For your chance to win one of 10 $25 Target GiftCards, visit www.surveymonkey.com/s/BeautyBox.

Originally Posted by saku /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's in the very very bottom of the email: 

By telling us what you think, you can make our second edition of Beauty Box by Target even better! For your chance to win one of 10 $25 Target GiftCards, visit www.surveymonkey.com/s/BeautyBox.
I should start reading those emails...  :) THANKS! 

So I did a little digging, and under the assumption that the box value is $20

Two products whose values are kind of set:

Sally Hansen : $7.59

Venus: $8.99

$16.59

There is a La Roche Posey sample of that product that is 15mL with a value of $2.75

$19.37

The standard Fekkai sample is 1.6oz /$7.77 or the foil packet is .3oz /$1.45

So my conclusion is that either the three liquid samples are packets or the value estimation is off.

The only thing worth anything to me in this is the razor but due to extreme couponing phase I have way more of those than one girl will ever need. I still have the foil packets they sent of all the Fekkai and other shampoo from the free Target bags. I'd be more interested if it was stuff new and not stuff that has been around for years and favorites of many.

I just caved and got one too. I don't really like that they wanted access to my friend's list but o'well.

I got it! I have a separate Facebook that I only use for contests and stuff like this. I don't have any friends on that account so it doesn't matter if Target can access my friend's list or posts on my wall. Hopefully it's a good box. Too bad we have to wait 4-6 weeks to get it.

Originally Posted by bonita22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got it! I have a separate Facebook that I only use for contests and stuff like this. I don't have any friends on that account so it doesn't matter if Target can access my friend's list or posts on my wall. Hopefully it's a good box. Too bad we have to wait 4-6 weeks to get it.
Now that is smart.  Hmmm, may have to do this.  I miss out on so many things because I don't want to post and link and send FB nonsense to my friends.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For some reason it wont let me buy it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I had the same issue, I switched over to my VPN which gives me a US ip address and finally got it to let me fill out the form to order it but I still ran into problems. The other problem I ran into was they don't have AE for a state option so I had to pass since my billing address is the same as my shipping. I guess I get to save my $5 for something else.

I'm in for one as well, I just skipped the portion where it asked to post on my friends walls. 

Originally Posted by zorabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For some reason it wont let me buy it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I had the same issue, I switched over to my VPN which gives me a US ip address and finally got it to let me fill out the form to order it but I still ran into problems. The other problem I ran into was they don't have AE for a state option so I had to pass since my billing address is the same as my shipping. I guess I get to save my $5 for something else.

I have a stateside billing address but I don't have a VPN guess we need to get one of those.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a stateside billing address but I don't have a VPN guess we need to get one of those.
I personally love having a VPN because I still have access to Hulu and Netflix so I can watch all the tv shows and movies that I want. Other than that I don't use it often because it can run really slow, just don't ask me how it works because I had someone more tech savvy do it for me.

Originally Posted by zorabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I personally love having a VPN because I still have access to Hulu and Netflix so I can watch all the tv shows and movies that I want. Other than that I don't use it often because it can run really slow, just don't ask me how it works because I had someone more tech savvy do it for me.

Lol which VPN do you use we are thinking about getting one but I have an app that pretty much lets me watch whatever shows  are blocked here. Also I go to tv streaming sites so I pretty much watch what I want. Its just for things like today I wish I could have gotten that target box.

I got one! Thanks for the tip, ladies. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I used my spare fake-name-no-friends facebook account since they pretty much forced me to log in on facebook so I could be able to buy a box. That was sucky of them, I hate giving out my facebook info. But $5 box! I wonder what's in it. I hope it's not actually the target beauty bags we could get for free last year, though I'm not expecting much from a $5 box either Either way it will be nice to write about for my blog.

Back