October 2015 PopSugar Must Have Box *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this looks like a great box!! so happy for you all who are getting this. I'm no longer a subscriber (had to cut back) so it's great to be living through you all. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

I like this box. I'm giving away the scrub and pillowcase but looking forward to trying everything else and reading the book. The Stroopwafels sound really good!

The gift card is only good for items in the "personalized" section. There are no items under $40 anymore. I'd never buy from that company so my opinion of them doesn't really matter. I do love love love my PopSugar though! However, repeatedly putting useless gift cards in the boxes is getting really old.

Of course, I will be a loyal subscriber forever because I just love PopSugar!

I am pretty excited about this box. Especially Mindy's book. I love the socks and I really have only used Trader Joe's scrub for ever so that will be fun to try another brand. The wine bags are perfect for the upcoming holiday season for hostess gifts. It's always nice to dress up a bottle a bit rather than just show up with it in hand. Pillow case, well we will see, I'm never against making my bed more luxurious!!!

This box is such a hodgepodge of stuff. I still hope to use everything (the book and body scrub are great, socks are not exciting but still useful...) But leave in conditioner when they just sent one last month? One pillowcase and not even a set? Not one item that's fall themed? They made really strange choices, it doesn't seem curated at all - more like they just took whatever they could get and threw it in a box.

@@sakura33 There are many many jewelry items under $40, you should look again?   :wub:  This box is nice, glad I signed up for it.
Sorry just saw this- but like the other person said, the gift card is only good for personalized items, and the company suspiciously pulled the only 2 items that were under the amt of the gift card when the boxes started shipping- so very shady in my opinion. But according to MSA without the value of the gift card included the box is still worth around $100 which isn't bad since I like/will use/try most of the contents. Just second (third? tenth?) the opinion Popsugar shouldn't include these gift cards anymore

Sorry just saw this- but like the other person said, the gift card is only good for personalized items, and the company suspiciously pulled the only 2 items that were under the amt of the gift card when the boxes started shipping- so very shady in my opinion. But according to MSA without the value of the gift card included the box is still worth around $100 which isn't bad since I like/will use/try most of the contents. Just second (third? tenth?) the opinion Popsugar shouldn't include these gift cards anymore
My plan is to wait it out until November/December.  There's no way , if they have any marketing skills, they will keep lower priced items off their site once holiday shopping starts.  If they do they are cutting off their nose to spite their face!

I was catching up on this thread and saw the comment about the Stroopwafel's "gooey warm center".  Annnnnnd now I am about 1000% more excited to get my box.  It's been TOO LONG since we had a decent snack, PSMH!!!

I guess I'm in the minority here, I think this box looks totally random. I think the paper liquor bags are kind of tacky and definitely would never pay $8 for something I could get free. I do like the fuzzy socks though and the scrub, even the pillowcase since I don't have a satin one. But otherwise nothing about this box really says fall to me at all. 

To me this is very fall-like, but probably because I live in So Cal where we are in the middle of a drought and record-breaking heat that is STILL in the upper 90's. :bringiton: :sunshine:  The thought of weather cool enough to be able to snuggle down on the couch, reading a good book, with my feet all cozy in fuzzy socks, while laying on a satin cased pillow sounds like a far off autumn dream come true.  I cannot wait!!!!

PS - the scrub is OK but the bags are a bit random!

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa, mine showed up yesterday!  Surprise!

Love the stroopwafel.  :wub: So nice they gave us a good treat this month!

The scrub looks nice, I'll use it.  I'll also use the It's a 10 - I use it every day so it's nice to have a back-up for travel.  The book looks fun, the socks seem like high quality and I love love love fuzzy cozy socks - so high points there.  The pillowcase is interesting - I'll throw it on a pillow and probably love it, who knows? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

Definitely a fun box. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got my box today. (And my shipping notification a few minutes ago.) I'm pretty disappointed with it. I feel like the value of the boxes has gone way down this year. The Jewelry code is basically just a coupon since all the items in the personalized section are much higher than its value. They have a bunch of cute stuff in the non-personalized section, but the code doesnt work for those (I tried.) I love Mindy Kaling, but realistically won't be reading that hard backed book over the paperback ones Or Kindle ones I need to read. The wine bags are totally tacky and I would never use them. The only items I will be keeping for myself are the pillow case and socks. The other items are too heavy for their value, making the shipping cost to high for swapping. So, I paid $43 for a pillow case and a pair of fuzzy socks. Oh and the treat, which actually does look pretty yummy.

I just got my shipping notice today and clicked the link only to see it's already been delivered (to my office. . I was out in the field today).  So yay for tomorrow morning when I'll have my Popsugar and Birchbox waiting on my desk. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I'm actually stoked about the pillow case. . I've been meaning to order one for years but never got around to it.  I've read a lot about how silky pillowcases are excellent for preventing wrinkles and reducing hair breakage, so it's cool that I'll *finally* get to try one.    

I went spoiler free this month, so much better that way for me. So I got my shipping notification and my box came five minutes later! I just hopped out of the shower, put my pillow case and socks on, cracked open the book, with a cup of tea warming that awesome treat! Great night, great box. For once everything will be put to immediate use. Well except the dumb gift card!

Latest posts

Back