People Who Say "You Don't Need Makeup"

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif Are their opinions THAT important that it causes you to react? That statement is as good as the question 'how are you today?' Do you really care how they really are today? mostlikely not. LOL you write the most straightforward comments, love it
roflmao.gif

Its true sometimes people just saying things to put people down but for every person that says u dont need makeup there will always be another saying how GREAT ur makeup looks. Those r the compliments that should matter

i hate it when my brothers and cousins comment like that. they keep telling us, they hate girl with makeup, makes them look fake, and they are on our case about why we need makeup.

then we are out, and they are all over those girls with tons of makeup!

i mean really?!

Originally Posted by Doya G /img/forum/go_quote.gif i hate it when my brothers and cousins comment like that. they keep telling us, they hate girl with makeup, makes them look fake, and they are on our case about why we need makeup.then we are out, and they are all over those girls with tons of makeup!

i mean really?!

That's just because male relatives take a paternal role in see their girl relatives as somethings to protect. That's sweet that they cared. I see a bit of my 13 yr old son there with his 7year old sister. He isn't openly liking girls yet.

I love when you get the comment from your friends " you don't need make-up, you're so pretty with out it"

then the next day you just do moisturizer, lipgloss and mascara and you get the "oh, you don't look so good, are you getting sick?"

I always want to respond with a "no, dummy, I listened to your advise..."
wink.gif
but I keep my mouth shut... I mean, Seriously?

See, I was always the girl to say that. I NEVER wore make up until recently. I'm 100% confident of my looks, and I'll still walk out of this house without anything on my face. I just like to do it now. It's fun to me to experiment with different colors & techniques.

Unfortunately there are girls out there that wear too much make up and rely on it to feel good about themselves. I think it's sad, but to each their own.

And If I decide to spend my hard earned money on make up, then you can be sure that's what I'll do and not care what people think.

Yeah, I hate when people say this! As someone else commented, people can't see that I have really terrible acne/scarring because I apply my foundation well enough that they don't notice it and think I have great skin. And when I do my eyeshadow, sometimes I like to play with it and have fun. It's not always about looking natural. There are days when I'm lazy and only put on foundation, powder, and blush...and other days when I go all out. It's when someone doesn't know how to apply their makeup and looks like a clown (orange foundation, badly applied shadow, etc) that someone might make a polite, offhand comment about it.

Quote:
Unfortunately there are girls out there that wear too much make up and rely on it to feel good about themselves. I think it's sad, but to each their own. I would love to not have to apply foundation. I hate wearing it, and I hate applying it, and I hate removing it and everything in between. But my skin is such a mess that there's no way I could leave the house without at least some foundation on. (It's beyond the concealer stage) It especially sucks that I'm in my 20s & all of my friends had this problem 10 years ago and now have perfect skin.

If I was more self conscious, I would wear more make-up. You can't please everyone. What looks good to you might look like a hot mess to another. It's all in opinion and you have to learn to not let those things get to you.

It is frustrating though when people say you wear too much make-up. I smile it off and then walk away from that comment.

Originally Posted by StakeEdward /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yeah, I hate when people say this! As someone else commented, people can't see that I have really terrible acne/scarring because I apply my foundation well enough that they don't notice it and think I have great skin. YESS.Same problemmm, different skin problems, and then they'll tell you you don't need makeup! fjalfwea.

Originally Posted by StakeEdward /img/forum/go_quote.gif I would love to not have to apply foundation. I hate wearing it, and I hate applying it, and I hate removing it and everything in between. But my skin is such a mess that there's no way I could leave the house without at least some foundation on. (It's beyond the concealer stage) It especially sucks that I'm in my 20s & all of my friends had this problem 10 years ago and now have perfect skin. Saaame feelings, all the way. :/

This reminded me of when i used to wear lots of foundation to cover up the look of shaved hair and cuts on my face. My friend would always say something nasty like, "At least i don't cake myself in make up" for no particular reason. And it really made me upset inside.

So i think that when people say "You don't need make up, why do you wear so much?" they are really being insensitive and unaware of why you ARE actually wearing it, and what you might be trying to cover up.

I have heard that one "you do not need make up", but who the hell but me know what I need in the long run?????

yeah my brothers always say girls who do not wear a lot of make up or no make up are really pretty, yet my brother dated a girl who drew on her eyebrows like two giant U shapes. Also my boyfriend said he likes the more natural look but when I go out and put on all my make up he always tells me i look pretty. So when it comes to my boyfriend I think he doesnt want someone else looking at me lol.

Guys always trot out that tired old "we like girls with natural makeup" line, but the truth is 99% wouldn't know the difference. I've worn natural-looking makeup, but it was still full face (foundation, concealor, blush, eyeshadow, liner, mascara...) but it was all natural colours and placement. My boyfriend thought I had no makeup on. But ANY girl would have known how much I was wearing.

So that goes to show what your average dude knows about the topic! TBH when any guys like that give their opinion on makeup, I just kind of discredit it!
lol.gif
They don't have a CLUE what they're on about! Because you know you could show them a few photos of girls in natural makeup and they'd just say "yeah! she isn't wearing any makeup! i like that!". Le sigh!

What guys think is attractive is not that interesting for me. They seems to buy in to this certain fake tan blonde chick type. And this is not quite my cup of tea-.

This topic drives me up the wall. I get it all the time, and since I'm 17, I also get "why are you doing it to impress boys?"

Which is rude, because not only do I like girls as well, but I don't do it to impress anyone.

Why people assume girls(and boys) wear make up for others is a mystery to me. Maybe some people do, but I think a majority of us don't.

And there are plenty of people like me who do it because not only is it fun, but its an art form. And it's really the only form of art I can do with any decency.

I express myself through make up the same way song writers, actors, and such express through their ways.

Not for anyone else, but for me.

And to be honest, all the boys I've ever been involved with have said my "habit" is annoying, and I don't need it. They've all been kicked to the curb.

Gah, it's just so annoying.

Exactly...I go to an art college, and I find that makeup is just another art form, except you are "painting" on a face to make it beautiful, not on a canvas. And if it comes to it, you can make it original, interesting, colourful or thought-provoking...just like traditional art.

Originally Posted by Anissa /img/forum/go_quote.gif Exactly...I go to an art college, and I find that makeup is just another art form, except you are "painting" on a face to make it beautiful, not on a canvas. And if it comes to it, you can make it original, interesting, colourful or thought-provoking...just like traditional art. Some people just don't understand. =

Originally Posted by StakeEdward /img/forum/go_quote.gif I would love to not have to apply foundation. I hate wearing it, and I hate applying it, and I hate removing it and everything in between. But my skin is such a mess that there's no way I could leave the house without at least some foundation on. (It's beyond the concealer stage) It especially sucks that I'm in my 20s & all of my friends had this problem 10 years ago and now have perfect skin. I don't hate foundation but this is my problem exactly. As soon as I hit 20 my skin got horrible. I have no problem going out without makeup and my self esteem doesn't plummet if my face isn't done. Give me the choice of even looking skin or bare, flawed skin, I'm going to go for the even looking skin!

Back