People Who Say "You Don't Need Makeup"

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Roshni Diya /img/forum/go_quote.gif This reminded me of when i used to wear lots of foundation to cover up the look of shaved hair and cuts on my face. My friend would always say something nasty like, "At least i don't cake myself in make up" for no particular reason. And it really made me upset inside.
So i think that when people say "You don't need make up, why do you wear so much?" they are really being insensitive and unaware of why you ARE actually wearing it, and what you might be trying to cover up.

It's like you get me.

Originally Posted by kayleigh83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Guys always trot out that tired old "we like girls with natural makeup" line, but the truth is 99% wouldn't know the difference. I've worn natural-looking makeup, but it was still full face (foundation, concealor, blush, eyeshadow, liner, mascara...) but it was all natural colours and placement. My boyfriend thought I had no makeup on. But ANY girl would have known how much I was wearing. Guys are just..phenomenal.

I hate getting that.

Some people do not understand how make-up is a barrier for some of those that wear it.

For me, make-up is essential for going out in public. I don't leave the house without it or see friends.

I agree with the fact that you feel more polished and put together when wearing make-up.

I see some people and think they'd look much better if they'd do so much as wear foundation.

Maybe it's nice to feel soooo comfortable without wearing any make-up?

I certainly don't feel that way, nor will I ever.

I got a reply on one of my threads saying this:

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif Firstly, not only is it rude to have your face gunk wash off in communal water that others are currently also swimming in, its also pretentious. Wearing full makeup in a pool usually means you were never really there to swim. You were there to be cute and pick up some men or flirt with someone. If you were going swimming in MY pool, you'd be washing your face first. That's why there are showers before you enter a public pool so you can wash off your hairspray and your makeup before entering.
Anyways... those events where I am pushed into the water, my makeup holds well enough get wet and get out ASAP. (It is tradition someone gets pushed into the water at least once a year.) My hair would be wet tho so who cares what my make up looks like.

This person reminds me of one of those people that are "being insensitive and unaware of why you ARE actually wearing it, and what you might be trying to cover up. "

I love everyone's responses on this thread. I had a roommate who was always going on about my makeup and making little comments about how I wear too much or wear too bright/dark colors. I pretty much just ignored it because I felt good about what I was wearing/how I looked. Later on, she started asking me how I did my makeup and if I could show her, and she actually started to wear make-up similar to mine after I showed her. So I think Minka is dead on right about why people say things like this, my roommate was insecure in herself and was trying to make me feel bad because I was confident in the things she was insecure about. So now I just keep on ignoring anyone who would make these comments to me.

Nobody has ever told me that I don´t need makeup lol. I get comments like "are you sick?" and "OMG why are you so pale, it´s summer!" when I don´t wear anything, so there you go.

I don´t have bad skin and I´m certainly not ugly without makeup, but I FEEL somewhat ugly without it to be honest. All I need is a little bit of color and I feel confident!

I think there are very few girls who literally don´t need makeup, because their skin is flawless, they don´t have undereye circles, sparse brows, invisible eyelashes etc. Everybody else can benefit a lot from using just a few products to hide flaws and accentuate the features

PEOPLE WHO SAY THINGS THINGS LIKE THAT, ARE USUALLY NOT THE MOST ATTRACTIVE PEOPLE!!!

This girl at my job thinks she is so awesome at doing her makeup and felt the need to ask me why I always wear winged liner, saying that it makes me look old. I said well if it makes me look old why was I voted best eyes in my senior class, I wore winged liner everyday then too!

How can anyone hate on winged liner?
lol.gif
I've never heard of anyone saying that made someone look old! What planet was she from?

I never get slack for wearing makeup, really. Everyone generally has good reactions. I have had some comments out the "loudness" of my makeup, but again mostly positive. Plus I know that colorful makeup isn't always as appreciated as the natural look. I like both. Now when I wear a natural look the people I know are like, "why didn't you wear your eyeshadow today?" Lol.

I used to never wear makeup at all. And I was one of those people who would try to "talk down the competition" by saying, "Who needs to wear all that makeup?" But it's true, I just didn't think I was as pretty as the girl with the makeup so I was talking it down. But now, I see it differently because I understand makeup and can make it work for me.

Originally Posted by wunnymush13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I hate getting that.Some people do not understand how make-up is a barrier for some of those that wear it.

For me, make-up is essential for going out in public. I don't leave the house without it or see friends.

I agree with the fact that you feel more polished and put together when wearing make-up.

I see some people and think they'd look much better if they'd do so much as wear foundation.

Maybe it's nice to feel soooo comfortable without wearing any make-up?

I certainly don't feel that way, nor will I ever.

I got a reply on one of my threads saying this:

This person reminds me of one of those people that are "being insensitive and unaware of why you ARE actually wearing it, and what you might be trying to cover up. "

Please do not drag my post to another out of context to which it was written. If it were not affecting others (which this was not), then live and let live. You were writing about swimming while wearing makeup in a public pool where children and other people are swimming in makeup that had washed off women's faces. Those women should have been more considerate of the other swimmers and removed their makeup prior to entering the pool.

Originally Posted by wunnymush13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I got a reply on one of my threads saying this:-divadoll's post-

Does your makeup wash off in people's pools? If not, don't worry about it. But if so, she does have a point and just wear things that either don't wash off in water or don't get your face wet. I usually keep my face & hair dry.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif Please do not drag my post to another out of context to which it was written. If it were not affecting others (which this was not), then live and let live. You were writing about swimming while wearing makeup in a public pool where children and other people are swimming in makeup that had washed off women's faces. Those women should have been more considerate of the other swimmers and removed their makeup prior to entering the pool. idk, I don't see makeup washing off as a big deal. The water is chlorinated, and a little makeup isn't really going to hurt anyone. (Especially if it's not a full face with glitter everywhere)

chlorine only kills organics. It doesnt neutralize inorganics like makeups and fragrances or hairspray. A little makeup doesn't hurt anyone when its on your face. Noone said anything about drinking it??? Who wants to swallow someone elses makeup?

Inevitably some of it will end in your mouth or some little kids mouth. It's unnecessary and inconsiderate, that's why there are showers at the entrance before you get to the pool and not nearer to the change rooms. Its so people can wash off before they enter the water. Anyways, I just didn't want someone to my prior post out of context by dragging it into this one. I don't want to hijack this site with that other topic so I'll stop here.

I think the heart of the problem isn't the chlorine in the water (i'm sorry but this is just a bad excuse to me), but the real reason why you go swimming. Do you go there to catch a cutie or to exercise ? Because then you might just as well stay out of the water, you'd have better chances
laughing.gif

To me, makeup at the swimming pool is totally unecessary. I'd rather bring my waterproof mp3 player, if i have one. And i think it's a lack of manners, it reminds me of the people who dared come swimming at with warts and no protection over them, which i would then get as a child. Who cares, the water has chlorine is probably what crossed their minds too
frown.gif

Swimming pools have a lot of other nasty gunk in them as well, though, that people swallow. And the same goes with the ocean. I know that there is a separate thread for this, but I'd like to say that for a lot of women, makeup is an issue of confidence. For those of us who don't have clear skin, going anywhere without foundation (or at least a lot of concealer) is a challenge. It's not about picking up guys at all, at least not for me. I just don't like feeling ugly, which I do without covering up my acne.

I do get what you guys mean about women who go swimming with a full face, though.

I also heard Chlorine is really good for you skin; it cleans out your pores too. Going in the water w/ no makeup would have a nice effect too. I think people should wear little or no makeup in the pool. Besides; everyones head will be underwater + some people w/ bad eyesight, like me, wouldnt be able to see your face.

Originally Posted by Beginner /img/forum/go_quote.gif I also heard Chlorine is really good for you skin; it cleans out your pores too. Going in the water w/ no makeup would have a nice effect too. I think people should wear little or no makeup in the pool. Besides; everyones head will be underwater + some people w/ bad eyesight, like me, wouldnt be able to see your face. ...Unless one of my friends tries to mess with me and pushes me off my floatie, my face would never be underwater. I read this like people are supposed to be like fish or something when 99% of the time, my face isn't in the water and neither is anyone I go swimming withs face. To have the reason that you shouldn't/don't have to wear makeup at the pool because no one will see your face anyways is...lol. Idgi.

I believe that makeup is absolutely a personal thing.  Too much makeup for me, would be just about right for you.  It all depends on the person wearing it what is or isn't too much; what is not worth the cost, and what is; whether to wear any or none at all.  I never judge people wearing makeup.  If I see someone wearing more makeup than I would wear, I would never be like... "OMG, that's waaaay to much makeup!" Because at the end of the day, it's not MY business. 

People who say things like that or tell you that you you wear too much makeup...well....good for them, they have time to waste, I don't!  When they say these things, I don't explain, I simply say "because I feel like it".  I love the Kardashians makeup, but I would never personally wear that much myself, but that does not mean I would go about telling them (not literally of course ...hehe) about the amount of makeup they wear... that's just ridiculous.

It's very annoying, but girl, what you do is all about you!  It's your monay, your time and just you. 

People who make comments like that are just jealous they don't have our skills!! lol lol

but seriously, makeup isnt worn for other people ,its worn for us

to make us feel good , for fun.. well at least imo

of course no one "NEEDS" makeup , yes we can live without it ...

Back