PopSugar Holiday for Her 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you all know if there is a way to get both $15 off and a free December box with the men's LE purchase? That would make it worth while to me.
wait until after christmas, who know perhaps a $15 off codes that includes Jan + Feb boxes!

all kidding aside, i think you need to pick one or the other and given that $15 off is a sure thing that is what i would go for if you choose to buy

Just opened my throw this morning and wow...the stench! This thing smells like a high school boys locker room. It didn't have any kind of tag with cleaning instructions...can I throw it in the washing machine? I threw away the card that came in the box that would have had the brand on it and I can't remember what it was.

I wanted to snuggle on the couch with a cup of tea, but ewww this is too nasty smelling.

What scent is the candle in this box?  It is Illume brand right?
Yes it is the Illume brand.  Here is the description of the scent cedar wood and golden amber infused with mandarin, vetiver, vanilla and tobacco.  Personally I love the scent its kind of a deeper cologne scent.  And the candle itself is beautiful.

Just opened my throw this morning and wow...the stench! This thing smells like a high school boys locker room. It didn't have any kind of tag with cleaning instructions...can I throw it in the washing machine? I threw away the card that came in the box that would have had the brand on it and I can't remember what it was.

I wanted to snuggle on the couch with a cup of tea, but ewww this is too nasty smelling.
Sorry to hear that.... mine doesn't smell at all (well, it might have a little scent from the candle but that's all). The info card says it's Turkish-T brand, but doesn't mention the fabric content. The Turkish-T website says these throws are all cotton. Here's their care instructions:

Washing InstructionsThe Turkish-T is machine washable on cold water and can be dried on low heat. Please expect a small amount of shrinkage as the product is hand-loomed. It is best to allow the Turkish-T to air dry or use low heat.

Mine has a little tag attached. Says 100% cotton and washable at 40 .. So machine wash warm. No dryer though.

Mine has a very faint smell to it. Not a bad one to me.

I love this Box, every single item..... The curation is all that I hoped and love how it goes perfectly with the December box. FEDEX in my area has been hard at work this Holiday weekend and delivered my Box to me yesterday (Saturday) and delivered one of my gifting one's TODAY! On Sunday! Both were early! I still have a December box and 1 more Holiday box yet to come.

I wasn't going to order anymore of these LE boxes after my experience with the resort box last spring, but was tempted with with the various codes popsugar released. So glad I did! The Throw is perfect! Soft, thicker than I expected and so thankful it is cotton! I hate poly blankets, bedding of any kind, they just don't give the breathable illite/warmth factor of cotton. The wildflower caramels are such a yummy treat, the candle is soy based and the scent is wonderful! It's huge! Gorgeous in the metallic tin that will be perfect to hold Jewelery or cotton balls after the candle is used up I love it! The nail polish...... Perfect! I'm using it tonight! The Clutch I really like... Not certain exactly what I will use it for, but it's a very nice quality item. The luminizer and brush I'm excited to experiment with tomorrow. The Kate S. Exfoliating treatment I also will have to try tomorrow. Very pleased and my Daughters I know will adore their gift boxes!

If anyone is having issues contacting them via email, my FedEx tracking label had a phone number attached to it, did anyone else also have one? 

Aloha!  I'm new to the forum (well, I've been lurking for about three weeks :ph34r: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )!  I was wondering how many other people are waiting on both the December box AND the For Her box?  I received the shipping notices quite some time ago, however, I've yet to receive either box and both notices haven't been updated since they were shipped.  I didn't get my fist two boxes (when I first subscribed) until the following months (Oct. I received in Nov and Nov I received Dec. 9th), so I'm super nervous about either of these actually arriving by Christmas.  I've emailed them several times with no response, which is really driving me nuts.  I'm on the verge of cancelling until they get their shipping act together, which is so sad because I really do love their boxes.  I know that Hawaii is often last to receive a lot of the subs, but it's just so frustrating....I would honestly be willing to pay a little extra in shipping costs to get my box at the same time people in the mainland do! 

Sorry for the venting...I promise not to be a Debbie Downer all the time!

Mahalo and Mele Kalikimaka (Merry Christmas!) :santa: everyone!

Do you all know if there is a way to get both $15 off and a free December box with the men's LE purchase? That would make it worth while to me.
Since they both required codes, probably not.  (JOY for the december box and special15 for the $15 off).

But you could wait til after Christmas and see what they do, too.

Also, I never received my free december box that they promised me.  No response to emails, either.

Man, I was getting worried for a minute.  My box still hadn't shipped or label created as of this late morning, and it is only two more days to get it before Christmas!  Checked again just now and a label was created this afternoon, being sent over night shipping.  Of course it hasn't been handed over to FedEx yet, so it'll probably be Wednesday I'm guessing.  

Wow!  Popsugar got back to me within hours!  That's a first!

The GWP December box was sent and will be here today!  Yay!

And it arrived ten minutes after I posted this!  Sent overnight shipping! 

AND it had TWO Smashbox lippies on accident :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Score!  A friend of mine just got lucky!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this box!

Good job PopSugar, you now have me sucked back into the special edition boxes!!

Wow! Popsugar got back to me within hours! That's a first!

The GWP December box was sent and will be here today! Yay!

And it arrived ten minutes after I posted this! Sent overnight shipping!

AND it had TWO Smashbox lippies on accident :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Score! A friend of mine just got lucky!
Mine got here with no lippy. I wonder if you got mine ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The throw is so dirty, I found a bunch of little black specks and lint balls. I ended up throwing it in the washer warm and highly recommend doing this because the water was grey!. I assume its the dye. I suggest using the gentle cycle because the ends are all screwed up now and I dried on the lowest setting. Now the throw is much softer than before and I don't feel like I might get infested by ticks (kidding I'm hoping its just dirt).

My lint screen in the dryer was covered in white fluffies afterward.

The throw is so dirty, I found a bunch of little black specks and lint balls. I ended up throwing it in the washer warm and highly recommend doing this because the water was grey!. I assume its the dye. I suggest using the gentle cycle because the ends are all screwed up now and I dried on the lowest setting. Now the throw is much softer than before and I don't feel like I might get infested by ticks (kidding I'm hoping its just dirt).

My lint screen in the dryer was covered in white fluffies afterward.
I washed mine too on delicate and that worked well. Mine also smelled when I received it (as some of others have noted here) so when I washed it, I tossed in those wonderful smelling Downy Unstoppables... or any brand of laundry scent booster will work. It now smells heavenly. I also air dried it.

$30 OFF a LE for HER box OR a 3 month sub

NEWYEAR for $30 off Special Edition Must Have Holiday For Her and 3-Month Must Have Monthly Subscription ("Code")  valid 8:00am Friday, December 26 through 11:59pm PT Wednesday, Dec. 31, 2014 or while supplies last. Code may not be applied to previous Must Have Box purchases. Promotion valid on new subscriptions only. Any duplicate boxes purchased with this promotion will not be refunded and cannot be returned for credit. Code may not be used with any other promotional codes, discounts, coupons, or offers, and must be redeemed by the date published herein. POPSUGAR is not responsible if any Code is lost, stolen, destroyed, or used without permission. Code programs may be terminated or modified by POPSUGAR at any time in its sole discretion. Code open to U.S. residents only. Void where prohibited

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a really good deal - I've purchased 2 so far and love the candle.  To buy another one or not - decisions, decisions...

Latest posts

Back