POPSUGAR Must Have Bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously, if you want to notice a difference, get yourself some scrub in your hand, pumps some lotion and mix it together, then use it. The scrub doesn't seem to do anything by itself, but if you mix them, it'll be nice.

I really like that they told us more about the products on the blog. Now, I am less disappointed, which wasn't much to begin with. I'm really looking forward to next month. I wonder if it really will be more "home" centered? I'm thinking candles. But that's too obvious, isn't it? I could use some coasters. ha

Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Seriously, if you want to notice a difference, get yourself some scrub in your hand, pumps some lotion and mix it together, then use it. The scrub doesn't seem to do anything by itself, but if you mix them, it'll be nice.

I really like that they told us more about the products on the blog. Now, I am less disappointed, which wasn't much to begin with. I'm really looking forward to next month. I wonder if it really will be more "home" centered? I'm thinking candles. But that's too obvious, isn't it? I could use some coasters. ha
Thanks for the advice. I'm definitely going to try it!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I agree - it was really nice to learn about the products and hear why each one was chosen. It makes me like them a little bit more :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  It will definitely be fun to see how they interpret next month's "home" theme!

I just got mine yesterday…The box is pretty and was very heavy!!! Once I opened…so sad…few products…brands that I've never heard about it…I don't think it worth more than 150 dollars never!!!…The products are all full size, but not exciting at all. They sent 2 nail polishes form RGB (mint and nude), 2 lipsticks form ILIA (red and nude), one body lotion and a body scrub from DRENCH and 2 protein bars from KIND…and they sent a Popsugar logo bag as well! Maybe it worth the 35 bucks, but definitely it is not a big deal. I just don't like those new brands and they didn't make me excited to try them, just look cheap…and I think 35 a month is one more bill for stuffs that we can not choose and maybe don't like it….so, in my opinion I didn't get anything really nice…I'm going to cancel my subscription…Another thing: I paid for the "box" more than a month before this one arrived, it took so long to them to ship…They sent my a tracking number and I took more than 8 day to be delivered by FEDEX! The bag came with the tag JULY BAG, with products to use on our vacation….too late!!!! My vacation for sure was on July, not now in August…I just think that I'm going to try just the nail polishes…so 35 is too much for those!!! Well I just thought that this was going to be a really surprising cool bag with at least one product that is really known by its quality…not the case! 

You aren't the only one. Fedex says that I should be getting it tomorrow. I've already emailed customer service, though, asking for a refund based off of the video they put out yesterday of what was in the box. Of course I already knew what was in it due to people posting (which I am thankful for) but I didn't want to email CS until I received the box or they officially released what was in the box.

Originally Posted by Statkix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got mine yesterday…The box is pretty and was very heavy!!! Once I opened…so sad…few products…brands that I've never heard about it…I don't think it worth more than 150 dollars never!!!…The products are all full size, but not exciting at all. They sent 2 nail polishes form RGB (mint and nude), 2 lipsticks form ILIA (red and nude), one body lotion and a body scrub from DRENCH and 2 protein bars from KIND…and they sent a Popsugar logo bag as well! Maybe it worth the 35 bucks, but definitely it is not a big deal. I just don't like those new brands and they didn't make me excited to try them, just look cheap…and I think 35 a month is one more bill for stuffs that we can not choose and maybe don't like it….so, in my opinion I didn't get anything really nice…I'm going to cancel my subscription…Another thing: I paid for the "box" more than a month before this one arrived, it took so long to them to ship…They sent my a tracking number and I took more than 8 day to be delivered by FEDEX! The bag came with the tag JULY BAG, with products to use on our vacation….too late!!!! My vacation for sure was on July, not now in August…I just think that I'm going to try just the nail polishes…so 35 is too much for those!!! Well I just thought that this was going to be a really surprising cool bag with at least one product that is really known by its quality…not the case! 
Definitely ask for a refund on your July box. Like I just posted, I haven't gotten mine yet (hopefully tomorrow) and paid at least a month ago as well. I definitely agree that it wasn't remotely worth $35.

I finally tried the nail polishes and I love the pink one. It is very similar to an OPI color from the Japanese collection they had several years ago. The similar color is called "Miso Happy with this Color." The RGB is much more opaque. I love "Miso" but have been rationing it and now I don't have to. The green polish is much more green than I had thought. I thought it was almost the same color as an Essie polish I have. But it is so much greener. I put the pink on my fingernails and toenails, except my right pinky is wearing the green. I am having great difficulty imagining myself doing a whole manicure or pedicure with it. But they both dry very fast and are nice and opaque. They haven't shown any signs of chipping or wearing yet, even on the tips.

I finally tried the nail polishes and I love the pink one. It is very similar to an OPI color from the Japanese collection they had several years ago. The similar color is called "Miso Happy with this Color." The RGB is much more opaque. I love "Miso" but have been rationing it and now I don't have to. The green polish is much more green than I had thought. I thought it was almost the same color as an Essie polish I have. But it is so much greener. I put the pink on my fingernails and toenails, except my right pinky is wearing the green. I am having great difficulty imagining myself doing a whole manicure or pedicure with it. But they both dry very fast and are nice and opaque. They haven't shown any signs of chipping or wearing yet, even on the tips.
pink? I thought we all got "doll" and "minty"

Originally Posted by Kristin1387 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Doll seems to be a gray/nude with a very light pink
I think brown vs. pink is very subjective in these sorts of shades.  The lipstick, for example, is *brown* to me, but it seems to be a nude pink to just about everyone else.  

Yes, I meant Doll. I recall it being called a muted pink. It is very muted. I would consider it a nude or a fleshtone.

Colors are subjective. Everyone sees colors differently, and those with trained eyes see colors differently than those without it.

If you take color theory, it really trains you to look at things and SEE them more than you do otherwise. It's pretty nuts.

Anyhow, Doll looks pink to me. It's a pink nude with grey undertones, to me.

I like the mint color but it was weird when I painted it on my nails. There were areas where it actually repelled off of the surface of my nail, despite my hands being clean and polish free, and made these openings. It filled in just fine on the second coat, but i've never had nail polish do that before. For me it's a two coater, which is totally fine. The color is more aqua/teal to me than a true mint green, and I prefer mine with more white in them so that they're more muted and pastel. But it's still a pretty color.

The lotion smells good, and I'm glad that the scrub is in Raspberry.

I love the tote bag! It's my favorite kind of them, so I'm really happy with that. The lipsticks are okay. I'm not really a fan of red lipstick/conditioner at all. The second color is pretty though and I'll wear that.

All in all it was an alright bag. I don't really like repeats of brands like they did, but it's okay

Well, my bag quit fooling around with Christian and finally showed up on my doorstep! 

All in all it was....satisfactory. Meh. 

Did it wow me? No. Did it make me mad like other ones have? No.

I liked the lipstick and lip stain.  I thought the nude was universal and was glad the red was not a lipSTICK.

I thought the nail polishes should have been full size, and the colors neutral or something more universally appealing. 

I can do without another generic lotion.  If you're going to send out a lotion in your sample bag, it better have unicorn glitter in it.

I thought the raspberry body scrub smelled divine. I haven't used it yet, but it seemed promising. 

I'm not thrilled with the nut bars.  That's another product I don't like in my beauty boxes. 

If this wouldn't have been a 'beauty box', the bars probably wouldn't have bothered me. 

I'll definitely stick it out for a couple more months to see what happens, but I don't know if I'll make a long term commitment.

I just feel that for $35 it should be like that scene in Pulp Fiction.

You know...the one where they open the box and a gold light shines on their face. 
icon_eek.gif

There wasn't any gold light, but I didn't see red.

Keeping my fingers crossed for next month.  

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have to zero in on something:

Except...  This actually was *not* a strictly beauty box.  From the announcement

Another blurb specifically states they'll be sending food:

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a future bag that has *zero* beauty products in it.  They will most likely continue to include something beauty in it due to the fact that their subscriber base is most likely almost entirely female, but I also wouldn't be surprised if this was the bag with all of the beauty products in it, so the next one will have, say, one-last-party-before-Labor-Day things.  This is probably going to be a sub like Cravebox where you could get pretty much *anything* in there.

And I have to comment on the tote bag:  It's really cute, but I wasn't thrilled with how it smelled (it didn't smell weird like a fake leather bag.  It just smelled like the blanket and baja shirt I bought in Mexico when I was eighteen and in college to smuggle tequila back into San Diego during spring break/band tour.  Ah, memories...), but I knew it was just because of the fabric, so I threw it in the washing machine and dryer with fingers crossed that I wasn't ruining it.  The smell made me not want to use it, so it was either get the smell out or throw it out, so if I ruined it, at least I had tried to fix the issue.  I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the cotton did *not* shrink and become misshapen, and the handles did *not* bleed all over the place.  It still smells vaguely like cheap Tijuana textiles, but I don't get overwhelmed by nostalgia from six feet away.
The next bag is suppose to me geared to home and entertaining.  POPSUGAR told me that they are themed bags

I FINALLY received my bag yesterday (Thursday) and was definitely bummed about what I got (even though I already knew what was in the bag). I agree with some people- the actual bag smelled disgusting and I did not like the scrub. Overall I would have expected that it was a $20/month subscription not $35.

I also don't think I am going to get the Aug bag.

My bag smelled like a mixture of gasoline and mildew? 

I emailed them about it asking for a refund - I LOVED all the products in the box but I honestly think I'm allergic to the bag itself since I get itchy when I touch it.

:-/ So sad. 

I emailed customer service and asked for a refund or to be credited for next month.  Either would've been fine.  I was not thrilled with the bag at all.  I was hoping I would like the lipstick but when I tried it out the colors weren't something I would wear.  I never heard back from customer service but was happy to see a credit on my account this morning.  When I went to the website to cancel a box popped up stating that I was paid "through August".  So maybe I will get an August bag - I don't know.  I didn't expect to get both a refund and a free bag though.  FYI- anyone who wants my scrub and lotion - I'll be happy to mail it to you. 

Originally Posted by maclothier /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, my bag quit fooling around with Christian and finally showed up on my doorstep! 

All in all it was....satisfactory. Meh. 

Did it wow me? No. Did it make me mad like other ones have? No.

I liked the lipstick and lip stain.  I thought the nude was universal and was glad the red was not a lipSTICK.

I thought the nail polishes should have been full size, and the colors neutral or something more universally appealing. 

I can do without another generic lotion.  If you're going to send out a lotion in your sample bag, it better have unicorn glitter in it.

I thought the raspberry body scrub smelled divine. I haven't used it yet, but it seemed promising. 

I'm not thrilled with the nut bars.  That's another product I don't like in my beauty boxes. 

If this wouldn't have been a 'beauty box', the bars probably wouldn't have bothered me. 

I'll definitely stick it out for a couple more months to see what happens, but I don't know if I'll make a long term commitment.

I just feel that for $35 it should be like that scene in Pulp Fiction.

You know...the one where they open the box and a gold light shines on their face. 
icon_eek.gif

There wasn't any gold light, but I didn't see red.

Keeping my fingers crossed for next month.  
You totally crack me up!  Unicorn glitter - bahaha!

Back