Removing artifical nails with dental floss!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the tip. i've tried alot of ways to get off my acrylics. just one more method to test out.

HELLO,

Thank you sooo much for this tip!

I tried 3 times to remove my acrylic nails, and finally it was a success,I removed them in ten minutes.the next time ,I will try on my customers!

Pleaaaaaase I want a quick answer

I agree with you that it is the easy way to remove acrylic nails.

my question is :do you practice this way to your customers?

Some peoples think that it 's a barbarian technic( I don't know why)!!!!

THANKS

Originally Posted by Bec688 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Just be careful when you do this you aren't pulling off the natural nail as well. It's stuck to the acrylic, I guarentee you'll do damage.
For removing acrylics, buff them down before soaking them in acetone, they will come off a LOT quicker than just plonking them straight into the acetone. As soon as you remove them put on some cuticle oil. Those nails are going to need some TLC.

Everything that bec has said already! OUCH i cannot believe what some people do to get them off....
frown.gif
when i spend so long putting them on people and hoping to god that they stay on! just a warning it can do a lot of damage to your natural nail please be careful.
smile.gif

You can use the floss method of removing without someone else's help if you use those little flossers you can get in bags of 50(I can't explain what they look like). I do this after I take a really warm shower because the steam seems to make the nails softer and easier to remove.

These things
laughing.gif

TePe Mini Flosser

Thats sounds cool

Another method is soaking acetone in a cotton ball.....and use pieces of foil paper to hold the cotton ball to your nail. Leave this for about 10 - 15 mins and the nail just comes of easily. I dont do acrylics...just once on one fingernail cuz my nail broke...and the nail lady told me that trick. It did work for me on that one nail.

this is an awesome tip and as for needing a second person...not so much if you use the pre-threaded flossers as they hold bothends of the floss for you

Thank you so much I never thought of that, mine had to come off I was having a bad reaction to the nails or glue not sure but bad then I came across your wonderful tip i had them off in 20 min or so by my self, lol it can be done use the floss that has the handles with the lil pic on the end the single flosses lol it worked wonders again thank you so very much you saved me a hospital bill:)

I removed my acrylic nails this morning using flossers ...Awsome! It took about 1o-15 minutes

Sounds interesting..

Has anyone ever tried this:

1. Soaking a piece of cotton in acetone

2. Place it on your nail

3. Take a piece of foil paper and wrap it around your fingernail to secure the soaked cotton

4. Let your nail soak for a while (not sure how long though)

After this the acrylic nail should be easier to remove.

I've never tried it, but I've heard an nail tech talk about this.

Originally Posted by S. Lisa Smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, acetone didn't work? I thought that stuff ate all plastics.

Once I spilled some acetone on my desk and it literally stripped the varnish and clear coat right off! Whoops!

wow...what a key tip! I had acrylics on twice and gel the other time. Each time, I just waited to grow them out and kind of pull them out naturally. Very bad for the nails - I can definitely say that!

Not sure if I'll get acrylic nails to try this but nice tip

Back