Round 4: West Coast Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by derpyderp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And that's the pictures I have! Everything is back in the box, ready to be shipped hopefully on Monday if I get bluelion's address by then. This is my first ever swap box, and I must say I'm in love with the experience! The box still isn't closed so if anyone has suggestions for things I could put in or take out (I'm mainly concerned about swapping the stamping plate for the hand lotion- I've never had a stamping plate before!) please let me know. I tried to keep the value fairly even with the help of St. Google but, again, first time with the traveling box swap... N00bness can ensue. 
icon_redface.gif

Ahem.

THIS BOX WAS AWESOME OMG.

Hooray! I'm glad your first box swap experience was awesome! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> You have some great picks there, and out in some nice ones too (kelly-green Julep, I'm looking at you!!!). 

And it seems like the West Coast box is the only one really making the rounds quickly?

I believe the East Coast has been finished for a bit, and the South/Mid-West box is nearly there too, maybe a couple of people left. We did do pretty well, time wise, considering we had the most people in one group. Thanks to everyone for helping it go smoothly!

I have the following who have confirmed that they're in for continuing the swap with a box from a different region:

bluelion

tgooberbutt

derpyderp (address sent, btw!)

feemia

I'll send a PM to the other gals soon to see if they'd like to continue too.

Quote: Originally Posted by bluelion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I believe the East Coast has been finished for a bit, and the South/Mid-West box is nearly there too, maybe a couple of people left. We did do pretty well, time wise, considering we had the most people in one group. Thanks to everyone for helping it go smoothly!

I have the following who have confirmed that they're in for continuing the swap with a box from a different region:

bluelion

tgooberbutt

feemia

Oh!  Count me in for swapping with different region's box!  For some reason, I had it in my mind that we would be sending the WC box through our group again.  Duh.  I blame the holidays and the weird workweeks that they caused. 

(And now we have two weeks of regular workweeks, then a three-day weekend, then four weeks back at work, then another three-day weekend, and then NO HOLIDAYS until May!  Now that I'm looking at that, I'm really glad I'm taking vacation days at the end of March!)

OKAY. Box is finally on its way to its final destination! @bluelion, the tracking number is 9405 9036 9930 0116 4610 51 . The box was dropped off fairly recently but the tracking number is a few hours old (got it online) so the number should work.

bluelion

tgooberbutt

feemia

I've been so out of it with the plague that I completely forgot about this - I'd love to continue with one of the other swap boxes.

Just wanted to check in and say that I got the box this evening. I'll be opening and posting pics as soon as I can.

Sorry, all, for the late post! Quick update, we are currently waiting for the Mid-West/South box to be completed before we swap the box to a different region.

Here's what was in the box. (The second picture was taken separately because those might be part of what I'm taking out.) There are nearly 50 polishes, so almost double with what we started with.

Would it be okay with all of you if I took some polishes out to condense the box down? I'm speaking in particular about some of the polishes that I've seen in the past 2 or 3 boxes, and anything we have multiples of (like the 3 bottles of Nailtini's Mai Tai), the ever unpopular Frappe, some of the yellows, the crackles, etc. There are at least 10 (and probably more) that seem to keep circulating, so maybe they can be donated instead? Sure, it can be fun to see all the variety in the box, but if they're going to be unwanted/repeat colors (for the most part), it might be wise to trim it down in order to cut costs on shipping, and also to decrease damage potential. Any thoughts?

Sorry, all, for the late post! Quick update, we are currently waiting for the Mid-West/South box to be completed before we swap the box to a different region. Here's what was in the box. (The second picture was taken separately because those might be part of what I'm taking out.) There are nearly 50 polishes, so almost double with what we started with. Would it be okay with all of you if I took some polishes out to condense the box down? I'm speaking in particular about some of the polishes that I've seen in the past 2 or 3 boxes, and anything we have multiples of (like the 3 bottles of Nailtini's Mai Tai), the ever unpopular Frappe, some of the yellows, the crackles, etc. There are at least 10 (and probably more) that seem to keep circulating, so maybe they can be donated instead? Sure, it can be fun to see all the variety in the box, but if they're going to be unwanted/repeat colors (for the most part), it might be wise to trim it down in order to cut costs on shipping, and also to decrease damage potential. Any thoughts?
I'm very much in favor of this plan! It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to send the same stuff back out that everyone in this circle kept adding to the box, thereby creating duplicates.

Quote:Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm very much in favor of this plan! It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to send the same stuff back out that everyone in this circle kept adding to the box, thereby creating duplicates.

I agree, especially about Mai Tai. It's a nice color, but I think almost everyone who wants a bottle has one by now, and I'm pretty sure I've seen at least one bottle of it in each of the other region's boxes. It looks like the box is heavy on yellow polishes too. Not everyone wears yellow. Although if the South/Midwest box never turns up we might need the extra polish to make another box.

Hi y'all ! I am the leader of the South group whose box was stolen .
Since y'all posted about maybe sending some of talks extras to help us restart a box I am
Going to post my address just incase .

PM FOR @tevans ADDRESS - Edited by @zadidoll

Thanks so much !!!

Already have your address, tevans! I have put a box together, which I should be able to get out to you by Monday Tuesday, after the holiday. My only concern about having others (with the exception of LilyV) send you some--as generous and awesome as it is, don't get me wrong!--is the box then getting too massive. I haven't done a final count yet, but I believe I have at least 20 in the box for you, and I think your box (before it was stolen) had under 30, so I was using that as a guide. What do you think?

Already have your address, tevans! I have put a box together, which I should be able to get out to you by Monday Tuesday, after the holiday. My only concern about having others (with the exception of LilyV) send you some--as generous and awesome as it is, don't get me wrong!--is the box then getting too massive. I haven't done a final count yet, but I believe I have at least 20 in the box for you, and I think your box (before it was stolen) had under 30, so I was using that as a guide. What do you think?

I can't remember what size box we were using for the West Coast Box, was it a medium or a large flat rate box? If it ends up being super large, an idea to make people feel less guilty about taking more than they put in is maybe say that for every two they put in, it's okay to take three out? I don't know - just a thought.

I can't remember what size box we were using for the West Coast Box, was it a medium or a large flat rate box? If it ends up being super large, an idea to make people feel less guilty about taking more than they put in is maybe say that for every two they put in, it's okay to take three out? I don't know - just a thought.
Based solely on what I paid for shipping (yay for never getting around to deleting PayPal shipping receipt emails!), I think it was the medium flat rate.

We're also trying to figure numbers too-  If the (new) box sent to tevans ends up with more than 30, let Tevans take more out? (She did start the box).  A possibility?  Let us know how we should all do. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> We're flexible!  Sucks that STLsportsgirl13 had to go ruin all the fun (everything was running so smoothly before this), but it's nice to see so many people willing to want to make it right. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I really appreciate everyones generousity . All the gals in my group got to pick polish but me so whatever is sent will be used for the next box ( minus what I take out and add )

Tevans, I sent you a box stuffed with as many polishes as I could fit in! Let me know when you get it. LyndaV

Lynda, I got it !! Omg !! Love !! Thx so much !! You have a box of goodies coming to you this week from me !! Thx so much !!

Quick announcement. First off, I just wanted to apologize for the delay in getting the box sent out. I did receive a rather enormous box from Lily V, but haven't had a chance to open it up or post pictures. I'll will be remedying that later this evening, with pics, so stay tuned!

In the interest of full disclosure, I was diagnosed with a serious illness just about a month ago, and dealing with that has made me shelve and neglect a lot of my personal responsibilities and errands, such as this box. That said, I should be caught up in the next couple of days. I just wanted to be honest and hopefully no one's out there thinking I've stolen the box! I promise, I would never do that.

If anyone has changed their mind about participating or has any address changes, PLEASE let me know ASAP! This will be the new order for this round (basically just the reverse of the previous one). Derpyderp, you should be in possession of the box by the end of the week.

West Coast - Leader BlueLion

derpyderp

feemia meaganola Dragonchick tgooberbutt ampym LyndaV bluelion  

Quick announcement. First off, I just wanted to apologize for the delay in getting the box sent out. I did receive a rather enormous box from Lily V, but haven't had a chance to open it up or post pictures. I'll will be remedying that later this evening, with pics, so stay tuned!

In the interest of full disclosure, I was diagnosed with a serious illness just about a month ago, and dealing with that has made me shelve and neglect a lot of my personal responsibilities and errands, such as this box. That said, I should be caught up in the next couple of days. I just wanted to be honest and hopefully no one's out there thinking I've stolen the box! I promise, I would never do that.

If anyone has changed their mind about participating or has any address changes, PLEASE let me know ASAP! This will be the new order for this round (basically just the reverse of the previous one). Derpyderp, you should be in possession of the box by the end of the week.

West Coast - Leader BlueLion

derpyderp

feemia meaganola Dragonchick tgooberbutt ampym LyndaV bluelion  

Okay first of all, oh no! I hope you're feeling much better, BlueLion! I really appreciate all the effort you've put into these past two boxes, thank you for letting us know and feel better feel better feel better! *manicured hugs*

Second, I'm first!? Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot. 

Back