Skin care brands, the best and the worst

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to use Olay and neutrogena and they worked well but I just didnt get a sense of being free from daily impurities and  oily skin.

I started using Actve Medics products for Acne issues I really like Activ BPO and their activlash for thicker eyelashes although for moisturizers and stuff I prefer skinmedica and Neova not active as much.

But everyone has their own preferences. 

I am very happy with Michael Todd. Ever since Ipsy introduced me to MT I've been hooked. Unfortunately everyone's skin is different, so it can still hard to find that HG product/line... The key for me is sticking to my skin care routine.

I still think that it depends a lot on the skin type. Asian skin is very different with the western people and basically the climate also counts as a big factor. 

My dermatologist recommended Cetaphil Cleanser in high school, and I've been using it for the last 20 years, and probably will use it for the next 20 unless they stop making it. 

I've more recently been impressed with Koh Gen Do cleansing water (I use this as a toner, too), Vichy Aqualia Thermal moisturizer, NUDE treatment oil / renewal serum, Sonya Dakar Flash Facial, and Dr. Dennis Gross Extra Strength Alpha-Beta peels / Clinical Concentrate Radiance Booster. I also like a lot of the REN products I've tried and Dermalogica Micro Daily Exfoliant (mixed with Cetaphil). 

Clinique's skin care is not my favorite, but their Sparkle Skin Body Exfoliating Cream (in the tub) is the best. I also can't quit Clarifying Lotion 2, even though I know all that alcohol isn't great for my skin, but I try to keep it to once in a while. 

I prefer only natural herbal products or home made remedies... I believe, only these are best and chemicals are worst because chemicals have side effects...

As per my personal experience I recommend Jarvis Cream & Serum(available for clinical trial only) to take care your skin....

Also I have started gardening some plants which helps in skin care... like aloevera....

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to add Monsia Advanced Skin Renewal System for ladies over a certain age.   Used to use Simple and Nivea but now sticking to Monsia! 

I always use EWG's Skindeep database to see what are the "best" and "worst" products regarding harmful components we're usually unaware of.  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The worse I have ever tried in my life is Chanel. I am just thankful I didn't pay for it; some years ago I won a spa package through a now-closed department store which at the time was the only place in town offering Chanel, and it caused chemical burns that resulted in a settlement with the store and spa and a lifelong distaste for the brand.

My mainstay is Clinique 3-Step. I know it gets a lot of hate but it works well for me. A couple times a week I switch it out for The Body Shop's Vitamin C line, mainly because it just smells so delightful. My husband, who never paid attention to skincare before meeting me, now swears by The Body Shop's Vitamin E line as the only thing that will keep his extremely sensitive skin and his eczema under very strict control.

Worst: Clinique..i think they have grown to such a powerful position in this industry that they literally can put whatever in their products and sell, because quite frankly their name does all the selling..

Best: Lalogy... i've been a huge skin care enthusiast for about 10 years now. i've tried the dirt cheap and some more or less higher end products. I try to stay all natural and for about 2 months now i've been using Lalogy which i would consider mid-high end. It might be too soon but i love love love the results and it gives me peace of mind knowing that they are purely natural and organic....the products HAVE to be refrigerated... kinda cool concept..

I have been using chanel  face products for years.  I also use dior hydro cream too. I have really dry skin.  I also purchased some lance moisturizer that is great.    If you want cheaper brands Olay is wonderful.    The worst I have used was anything from este lauder or Clinique..  my skin hated them and looked horrible

The worse I have ever tried in my life is Chanel. I am just thankful I didn't pay for it; some years ago I won a spa package through a now-closed department store which at the time was the only place in town offering Chanel, and it caused chemical burns that resulted in a settlement with the store and spa and a lifelong distaste for the brand.

My mainstay is Clinique 3-Step. I know it gets a lot of hate but it works well for me. A couple times a week I switch it out for The Body Shop's Vitamin C line, mainly because it just smells so delightful. My husband, who never paid attention to skincare before meeting me, now swears by The Body Shop's Vitamin E line as the only thing that will keep his extremely sensitive skin and his eczema under very strict control.
 Clinique is milder. I can see where some people can have problems with chanel it has strong acids. The kind of burn away the top layer of your skin,  I like this some people may not

Used to use Simple cleanser, toner and moisturizer and at night used Q10 Nivea night cream.   Several months ago I changed to Monsia Advance Skin Renewal System.   Whilst Simple and Nivea are good products I find that the Monsia system suits me much better.   Shea butter is used in the cleanser, toner, day cream and intense night repair cream and I think this common thread in their products is what is suiting my skin.   My skin seems tighter  and the day cream has an SPF-15 which is enough protection for me here in the UK.   My husband says that my skin now has a natural glow and is no longer "dead" looking.

[SIZE=12pt]Good[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] topic...now I explain my view[/SIZE]. I agree with Ingrid, yes Clarins and Vich are two good. I use always Beautiful Lady Supplies products and Ayurvedic product also. like

[SIZE=12pt]Shea Moisture Shave Cream for Women Coconut and Hibiscus[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt], [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Perlier Honey Milk,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]PERLIER by Perlier Aloe and Soy Lipids Body Cream,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Auromere Ayurvedic Bar Soap Vanilla Neem,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Auromere Ayurvedic Bar Soap Tulsi-Neem,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Auromere Bar Soap - Ayurvedic Lavender Neem, [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Organic Fiji Organic Face and Body Coconut Oil Soap Lavender,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]A La Maison Bar Soap Oat Milk etc. I always use.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]It makes my skin look and feel smooth without a greasy residue. This stuff is amazing! Really the brand is a good brand for me. The worst for me is Garnier. It is not shut for me.[/SIZE]

Most brands I have tried have had some spectacular products and some not so great/terrible products. 

I think my favorites in terms of consistently good products are Biore and St.Ive's. I have not tried enough products from high end lines to accurately judge most of them. 

Neutrogena is solidly in the middle, I love the rainbath body wash, and have yet to love or hate anything else from them. Proactiv's 3-step system sucks, but a lot of their other products are really quite good. I recommend the refining mask and their green tea moisturizer. Clinique makes good moisturizers. 

The worst skin care product line I have tried is Aveeno, it always seems I am unhappy with their products

Back