SPECIAL EDITION POPSUGAR MUST HAVE NBC’S TODAY BOX *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my box on Saturday and the candle and blush were both damaged. I have sent an email to PS, still have not heard back. If nothing tonight when I get home, I will put a very snarky ugly post on their FB page. It seems they respond to those people. I don't really like being that way. But I want two replacement items. I will be more than happy to send damaged items back. The GOVINO cups are stupid, but I will use. The bubble bath is very nice. Used that after standing on my feet all day Saturday working!

I have actually always had a secret theory that PSMH notes the snarky people and makes them wait longer.  My friend mentioned someone being rude in comments of one of PSMH's instagram posts, and I sent her back a screenshot of PSMH responding to me in under 5 minutes for the exact same issue (but I was polite in my request).  For me, PSMH and birchbox consistently have the best customer service. 

But maybe I have just been lucky and it has nothing to do with the tone of my requests...interested to hear if you get a response back quicker when you complain!

I have actually always had a secret theory that PSMH notes the snarky people and makes them wait longer.  My friend mentioned someone being rude in comments of one of PSMH's instagram posts, and I sent her back a screenshot of PSMH responding to me in under 5 minutes for the exact same issue (but I was polite in my request).  For me, PSMH and birchbox consistently have the best customer service. 

But maybe I have just been lucky and it has nothing to do with the tone of my requests...interested to hear if you get a response back quicker when you complain!
I am normally very sedate, calm person and it takes more energy to be mean, but we pay hard earned money for these boxes and quality is everything. And I sent a very nice email and I know that they are busy, but my box really looked like all items were just thrown in, the little candies were not even in a pack, they were loose all in the box. Anyway I have to pick my battles, just hope they make things right.

I am normally very sedate, calm person and it takes more energy to be mean, but we pay hard earned money for these boxes and quality is everything. And I sent a very nice email and I know that they are busy, but my box really looked like all items were just thrown in, the little candies were not even in a pack, they were loose all in the box. Anyway I have to pick my battles, just hope they make things right.
I totally agree about deserving quality control when we pay good money for this stuff - I had to complain about the birchbox luxe box because it was so thrown together, and 2 caps and 1 item was missing.  If I were to gift it, it would look like I tested it all out and stole something first, haha. 

My comment was more about me being surprised you really do think PSMH resolves stuff quickly for people on social media because of the number of times I have thought "they HAVE to just be ignoring this chick" when seeing repeat complainers.  Not really a good business model if that's what they do, but we recently learned there are only 2 PSMH customer care people, so they probably do what they want. 

I tend to agree. I sent two very polite emails to Birchbox about getting the wrong eye shadow and getting an eyeliner we were promised 6 months ago and two different customer service gals responded with offers to make it right, by sending me the right eye shadow and another sample.

I posted a snarky post about the "giftcard" on their facebook page and they responded with "hope you find something to spend it on" snark right back.  

What's the saying about flies and honey?

So I totally called it! No email, and still said processing on my account but my today show box totally just showed up on my doorstep today! I love it, everything looks great, and was wrapped up nice and tight. It all arrived in one piece. The candle is definitely cinnamon but it has a sweet smell to it too. I really like it.

Looks like this box is NLA.  It's no longer on the website.  

I guess I'm now holding out for deals on the Neiman and for Her boxes.

Back