(Spoiler) New Beauty Test Tube Winter-Spring 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe so many people are disappointed!  I quit this one after last quarter (kept the QVC one) and had to resub quickly when I saw the tarte blush.  I can't wait for my box to get here!  I hope I get good extras even though I signed up late.  

The blush is nice, but the color is a bit hard to wear if you are fair skinned. Last tube was amazing.

Mine arrived today. Definitely disappointed I only ended up with 1 extra, the Phyto botanical relaxing balm. I e-mailed CS to see if possibly stuff just got left out of mine by mistake. Just doesn't seem fair. I feel like they could have made the extras more equal. I really wanted to like this Test Tube too.

This is my first NBTT and I really love it. The blush is so pretty. I got the color "flush" not sure if people got different colors. I'm really hoping it does last 12 hours.  I can't wait to try the skin care products.  I have a question, is the QVC tube different from the regular NBTT?  Or are they the same thing?

Originally Posted by Briechen26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is my first NBTT and I really love it. The blush is so pretty. I got the color "flush" not sure if people got different colors. I'm really hoping it does last 12 hours.  I can't wait to try the skin care products.  I have a question, is the QVC tube different from the regular NBTT?  Or are they the same thing?
They are different.  There is a thread for the QVC tube where you can see what they received.

Just got my tube.   My extras were the Phyto Balm (worth around 3.50) and a self tanning glove (8.50).   Totally disappointed as other people got the eyeliner, moroccan oil or primer with much higher values.   I just wish all tubes would be the same ;(

I tried emailing them but they obviously don't care.  They said all values are pretty much the same, but there is no way in hell that is the case!!!   I cancelled my future orders.   I shall just wait in future to see what people get then take a chance if it looks good.   So bummed :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :( 

When I emailed them they said the same about the values being equal, but they also mentioned they would send me something extra. No specifics as to what or when, but if they actually do send something I will be happy!

Originally Posted by StickyLips /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My tube only contained one extra which was the Phyto hair balm valued at approx. $3.94.  I just got off the phone with CS and the gal said that the extra samples were given out at random.  She put my name on a list and said they were going to search their warehouse to see if there is something they can send to the folks who feel like they got jipped.  No promises, but I'm really hoping they find some goodies hidden in a corner.
Update:  I just received a little box from Test Tube and it included a handwritten note apologizing for any confusion (and lack of extras) pertaining to the recent Tube.  The box also included:

Lumene Day Cream .5 oz

DDF Advanced Firming Cream .5 oz

Jane Iredale lipstick - Full size tube in the color Holly (deep red/brown with slight shimmer)

Now that's what I call top notch customer service!   

I got the same thing too.

Nice of them to do this! Their customer service has been really good so far....

I still kind of wish I had been one of the people to get the Colorscience powder as I do use and buy that item.....but still pleased they sent something to make up for  "lack of extras".

I have a sample of the DDF firming  cream I got in another sampler last year and I really like it. Happy to get another tube of it- the actual product is kind of out of my price range and also not a "need'' item.

(need for me is blemish stuff, rich hand cream and lotion for winter).

Originally Posted by StickyLips /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Update:  I just received a little box from Test Tube and it included a handwritten note apologizing for any confusion (and lack of extras) pertaining to the recent Tube.  The box also included:

Lumene Day Cream .5 oz

DDF Advanced Firming Cream .5 oz

Jane Iredale lipstick - Full size tube in the color Holly (deep red/brown with slight shimmer)

Now that's what I call top notch customer service!   

I didn't, but I wasn't told I was put on a list. I just kindly asked why others received more than I did. Blah. No biggie I guess.

Yeah I got my extras today... another pack of Simple wipes and two more of the Vichy samples... repeats of what I already got in my tube. This was my first and last New Beauty Test Tube. It seems like some get great service while others, like me, really get shafted.

icon_evil.gif

I don't think they post them before they are sent out, but once some boxes have been sent out, you can see what the products are.

Quick questions: Is there a certain schedule that the quartarly test tubes get set out (Like Jan, April, July, Oct)? #2. Every test tube has different items? #3. I just subsscribed to the test tube today, when do you think I will get a tube? The current one or next time? Thanks guys, I am new to this but am very excited!

Yes it's every 3 months like you have posted. Some tubes arrive earlier or later than others, but it's generally those months. Most tubes are similar, but there are usually Either/Or items. For example my first month I got a face lotion from a brand where others got a mask. Things like that. Last tube was a bit crazier as they tossed in "extras" and the values were way off for some people. I would guess that you will get the current tube since it's still very early in the quarter. 

Originally Posted by trmclendon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quick questions: Is there a certain schedule that the quartarly test tubes get set out (Like Jan, April, July, Oct)? #2. Every test tube has different items? #3. I just subsscribed to the test tube today, when do you think I will get a tube? The current one or next time? Thanks guys, I am new to this but am very excited!
I think you will get the current tube. The next tube doesn't ship until mid April.

You can call customer service to confirm. They have pretty good CS fyi.

Back