(Spoiler) New Beauty Test Tube Winter-Spring 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys! I am excited! Are y'all pretty happy with your tube service overall? I have looked at several others including birch box, my glam and so forth..

I have only gotten two. My first was amazing. My second was just ok. Basically the products in the second tube didn't suit my skin type and most were mostly useless where the first tube had products that I used over and over again.

I loved my first tube, at least most of it. Didn't get the second one, because the products didn't seem all that great...

I canceled this subscription before it even shipped.  Now, I'm considering re-subscribing but I'm having issues on the website!  It keeps making me fill out a form and I can't log into my old account.  Anyone else having this problem? 
confused.gif

UPDATE:  OK, so I finally signed up....and I thought it was 4 tubes/yr (they send it every 3-months) but I'm seeing 6 tubes/yr.  Was it always like this?

I just went to check and I see that it says that as well... I may be canceling... I don't want 6 tubes a year. 

You guys are right. They are changing it to SIX tubes a year. Next one due to ship end of March (around the 28th)

They have a new CS department (as of yesterday) and they aren't too familiar with things.

Hmmm...

I am assuming all current subscribers will be getting an email notification of the change.

Personally I am happy!

More tubes equal more products!

More tubes also equals more money. I canceled my sub. I can always join again later if I see a tube I really want.

6 tubes! Not a problem since it's one of my fave and first subs. I do remember the products were a little more high end four years ago before they merged with QVC tho. I alternate them with my mom so it's all good.

Originally Posted by Jamie P /img/forum/go_quote.gif

More tubes also equals more money. I canceled my sub. I can always join again later if I see a tube I really want.
Yes...of course you could. I wonder if that's why the quality of the tube was off last quarter....they are going through changes.

Yes the last tube was pretty bad IMO... I don't wanna risk that again. I loved the previous tube though. That's one good thing about this sub... you can see it before you buy it. Very curious to see what happens. But for shipping out the next tube on the 28th... they should be charging soon... and you would think they would be warning people sooner than that, right? I wasn't expecting another charge until late march early april.

Originally Posted by bumbeaute /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I canceled this subscription before it even shipped.  Now, I'm considering re-subscribing but I'm having issues on the website!  It keeps making me fill out a form and I can't log into my old account.  Anyone else having this problem? 
confused.gif

UPDATE:  OK, so I finally signed up....and I thought it was 4 tubes/yr (they send it every 3-months) but I'm seeing 6 tubes/yr.  Was it always like this?
Nope that's new. For those that didn't see what Test Tube's site now says....

https://testtube.newbeauty.com/faq/ What is the NewBeauty TestTube? TestTubeâ„¢ is a one-of-a-kind sampling program created by NewBeauty magazine that allows you to try a variety of the best beauty products before you invest in them. Six times a year, you'll receive a sleek box filled with deluxe and full-size products from the hottest beauty brands.

So if their magazine is quarterly.. Will they be increasing that or dropping it? I've said before that I would prefer to opt out of shipping costs and get a digital copy of the magazine. Maybe they will drop the shipping?? I hate paying for shipping.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The other thing the site says (forgive me if this isn't new info) is that the value of each tube is $150. I think they took that dollar value off for a while and just put it back on.

Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So if their magazine is quarterly.. Will they be increasing that or dropping it? I've said before that I would prefer to opt out of shipping costs and get a digital copy of the magazine. Maybe they will drop the shipping?? I hate paying for shipping.
They are increasing the mag to 6 issues a year. I believe that is why the Tube increased.

I can't log into my account on their website so I can't see my order status!  
icon_mad.gif
  Is this happening to anyone else?  Also, does anyone know how long it will take before my first testtube ships? 

Originally Posted by bumbeaute /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can't log into my account on their website so I can't see my order status!  
icon_mad.gif
  Is this happening to anyone else?  Also, does anyone know how long it will take before my first testtube ships? 
They said shipping begins at the end of the month. You can call CS if you have any questions about your status. The website is in the midst of an upgrade right now.

So i just signed up a few weeks ago, and got my first tube, and am underwhelmed. I did NOT check spoilers for this, mostly because I didn't realize that I get the current one if I enroll during a "lapse"  I get that I got a $10 magazine, and $26 blush,among other things...but i hear such good things about this sub and was expecting more. And now I am considering if it is worth it to keep it for the next one...especially now that it is 6 times a year.....thoughts? Who is keeping it and who is not? 

Interesting that they are going to 6 times a year now.  I've been pleased thus far, hope the quality doesn't suffer.

I'm about to finish the YonKa moisturizer I got in the TestTube before the last one.  Really nice stuff, but expensive at $72.  I've enjoyed using it and would consider purchasing if I could find it discounted.

I wish they'd finish their website improvements or upgrade or whatever.  Not being able to access my account is annoying.

Back