(Spoiler) QVC New Beauty Test Tube Winter-Spring 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my first QVC TUBE BOX a few days ago, here's what I got 1. Julep nail color in Melanie 2. Mally lip color in starbust 3. Miracle worker cleanser and mask 4. SmolderEyes waterproof liner in blue ( love this!!!) 5. Algenist complete eye renewal balm 6. OleHenriksen truth creme advanced hydration 7. Nick Chavez advanced volume conditioner 8. Bliss hand cream with macadamia oil

:( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 9. Fresh soy face cleanser ( small sample) The eye liner is definitely my favorite, first liner I own that stays in place all day!!​

I got my first QVC TUBE BOX a few days ago, here's what I got 1. Julep nail color in Melanie 2. Mally lip color in starbust 3. Miracle worker cleanser and mask 4. SmolderEyes waterproof liner in blue ( love this!!!) 5. Algenist complete eye renewal balm 6. OleHenriksen truth creme advanced hydration 7. Nick Chavez advanced volume conditioner 8. Bliss hand cream with macadamia oil

:( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 9. Fresh soy face cleanser ( small sample) The eye liner is definitely my favorite, first liner I own that stays in place all day!!​

I am very happy with my first test tube - I received the liner in charcoal, the Julep in Sasha and the liquid lipstick in Starburst. This was such a fantastic deal - the eye balm and liner were at the top of my list to try and their value alone is more than the $37 I paid for this. I read an online review and they totaled the value at around $125. The best part is that there isn't anything is this tube that I won't use. Yay!

This has aired on QVC. I saw it on Tuesday, Jan. 8th during the Tuesday night beauty show. I thought it was funny because that was the same day I received mine in the mail.

Originally Posted by cheetahchirps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You have time to wait, because I don't think the Q has done the presentation yet. I'd like to know if anyone will be lucky enough to get the Bliss hand cream in blood-orange rather than the plain macadamia we all seem to be getting.
I got the blood-orange...it is ok, but not great in my opinion

I got mine today. I got the blood orange hand cream, Julep in "Alicia" (a pretty peachy pink color), and the tarte in an eggplant color. The only problem is that the tarte pencil came without a lid on it, and it is all scuffed up and completely dried up. I tried swatching it over and over and NOTHING shows up. Has anyone heard of this happening? I emailed CS and asked for a replacement. Has anyone dealt with their CS? If so, how are they?

I think I got the fig smolder stick. It is hard to tell on mine
icon_evil.gif

This was my first QVC TT. anyone know if there's a place to trade items with other qvc TT subscribers? Wanted to know just in case.

My test tube finally arrived today after visiting both coasts and a few places in between - Damn UPS! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I got the Tarte liner in Bronze, which is a gorgeous color! The Mally is the color Starburst and will be going up for trade as I'm not really a gloss/lipstick person. The Julep is the pretty lavender color Renee and I got the regular Bliss lotion instead of the blood orange one. I'm overall thrilled with this tube.

Originally Posted by nadia86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This was my first QVC TT.

anyone know if there's a place to trade items with other qvc TT subscribers? Wanted to know just in case.
Sorry, duplicate post

This was my first QVC TT. anyone know if there's a place to trade items with other qvc TT subscribers? Wanted to know just in case.
There isn't a specific test tube trade thread. Just the regular trade boards.

I forgot to cancel or skip this, but I'm glad I didn't! I received the Julep in Hailee, which is cool because I haven't tried a suede finish polish before. I received the blood orange which I haven't tried yet.

My AD had expired; I caved and ordered today for another year.  Between this Glossy, and Ipsy I think I am good on subscriptions.

Originally Posted by MrsSei /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My AD had expired; I caved and ordered today for another year.  Between this Glossy, and Ipsy I think I am good on subscriptions.
yep I put it on AD too, I really use most all of the products! (and my boyfriend loves Wen, so when I get those and cant use them, they still get used)

next month will be my last glossybox for a while, I bought Jan because I had 980 dots, I was sure I was going to cancel after my awful 3 month debacle, but since we got to see the man repeller boxes I was okay with subbing back for one month (plus one free box)

Test tube, ipsy and birchbox with the occasional julep when the colors are pretty 

I have debated over which test tube to get for almost a year, but after seeing the New Beauty Test Tube and then this one I finally took the plunge and ordered my first one last week! Can't wait to get it! I'm especially looking forward to the algenist and tarte. 

Dangit I got Julep in Melanie. Of course it would be a color from one of the three julep months I have gotten boxes :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I guess a lot of people get duplicates at some point, so I guess I should count myself lucky it took a while :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I signed back up for auto-delivery last week, got mine today and am really pleased. I got the Julep polish in Melanie, also. I have a fair amount of blue polish but none that are exactly like this shade, and I like it. I've never tried a Julep polish before, so it'll be cool to see what's so great about it. Got the Tarte pencil in the purple...yay! So happy about that. I got the gloss in Mally's Baby, which is a perfect shade for me. What sucks is that, thanks to previous test tubes and gift sets from relatives, I already have about 20 Mally glosses (and 4 in this shade). I do wish QVC wouldn't repeat the products they put in their test tubes - they do realize they have some loyal subscribers who are going to get duplicates this way, right? But oh, well. I like the quality and the color. I'm happy to have gotten that Nick Chavez conditioner, because I got the matching shampoo in my December Birchbox and have yet to try it, so that's awesome! The Algenist eye balm is a decent size for a pricey eye product and will last a good two months, I bet. I always think the Philosophy samples they give us are on the really small side - this Miracle Worker sample is bigger than what usually comes, so that's good. The Ole Henriksen cream is something I'm sure I'll like, as I like everything I've tried from the brand. I was disappointed to get a hand cream, since I really never care to go expensive there (nothing beats Curel for me). Overall, totally satisfied with this test tube. Glad QVC is continuing the program!

Got my first ever test tube last night! I'm thinking I'm going to cancel Sample Society and keep doing this. I haven't looked up the prices yet, but all items were a great size and great brands! Very happy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> can't wait to check out the magazine :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I ordered the QVC NBTT several months ago and at that time received a tarte Lip Surgence that had uncapped and gotten really badly dinged up (it was in a cardboard box, but had uncapped inside and was smushed all over the cardboard and pencil).  I emailed CS and asked about a replacement and they said that unless I wanted to return the whole box for a refund they couldn't replace single products.  It was still useable - just yucky and because it had been in cardboard it didn't really touch the rest of the items.  They offered me a $5 credit if I chose to not return the box and I said that was acceptable, but I never saw the credit appear on my card or noticed it on a future purchase.  It was the only time I had a problem with it, but I'm pretty sure they won't replace a single item.  I would call rather than email so you can make sure the credit happens.  It was by and far my favorite product in the tube so I really hope you get a new one.  Hope that helps you.

Back