(Spoiler) QVC New Beauty Test Tube Winter-Spring 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone want to join me in a protest of the abundance of Mally in Test Tubes?
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It is pretty f@(#!^g excessive...
I think QVC (or its parent company) MUST have some sort of percentage of the Mally company, there is no way they would be pushing it so much, also its probably exclusive, because I haven't seen mally available really anywhere else besides QVC

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think QVC (or its parent company) MUST have some sort of percentage of the Mally company, there is no way they would be pushing it so much, also its probably exclusive, because I haven't seen mally available really anywhere else besides QVC
Only available on QVC or through Mally's website *and beauty.com apparently 

Only available on QVC or through Mally's website *and beauty.com apparently 
Yeaaaaaah generally there is some ownership by the parent company when it's hard to find a Heyerdahl else. If I'm not mistaken, Sephora owns Makeup Forever, or at least a large chunk of it, hence why there are mufe studios inside sephora and their products arent available at any other cosmetics stores

Does anyone want to join me in a protest of the abundance of Mally in Test Tubes?
icon_lol.gif

Right there on the front lines with ya Nellie, and I don't want any more Wen or Philosophy either, though I realize they have their fans. I like Mally, but something aside from the liquid lipstick would be a nice change. I don't have a problem with the eyeshadow/liner. A Poreless Face Defender would have me on my knees with gratitude.In general though, I thought this tube and the regular NB one were well worth it and a big improvement from the prior issues.

I've been using the Algenist eye balm for almost three weeks and I'm not finding it all that hydrating. Anyone else try it yet? I was using Kiehl's avocado eye cream before receiving the Algenist and the Kiehl's works better (more hydration, diminishes fine lines) for me.

It is the same damnable lipstick or eyeliner everytime IN BOTH TUBES.  Something else if we have to have Mally please!

Originally Posted by cheetahchirps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Right there on the front lines with ya Nellie, and I don't want any more Wen or Philosophy either, though I realize they have their fans. I like Mally, but something aside from the liquid lipstick would be a nice change. I don't have a problem with the eyeshadow/liner. A Poreless Face Defender would have me on my knees with gratitude.In general though, I thought this tube and the regular NB one were well worth it and a big improvement from the prior issues.

I've purchased just one QVC NBTT in the past, so the Mally products are totally new to me.  I'm planning on purchase this current Test Tube, but not for a couple of weeks.  I just rec'd my Sample Society, Glossybox and have 2 Birchboxes coming, plus I was bored during the snow storm, so did a lot of online shopping - all beauty products for spring.  I'll wait now until I start craving newness again in a few weeks.

In case anyone is interested:  The SmileActives tooth whitening pen that was included in an older Test Tube and that sells for 33.00 for 2 pens on the QVC website are on Amason for 5.00.  I drink a lot of tea, coffee, red wine and smoke (horror!) so I like to touch up my teeth between cleanings.   That pen worked well for me.

BTW, the last letter of the alphabet doesn't work on my laptop.  I know how to spell "Amason". 

Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been using the Algenist eye balm for almost three weeks and I'm not finding it all that hydrating. Anyone else try it yet? I was using Kiehl's avocado eye cream before receiving the Algenist and the Kiehl's works better (more hydration, diminishes fine lines) for me.
I had heard so many good things about Algenist and tried really hard to like it.  I kept purchasing the different trial kits from Sephora and honestly, I'm not impressed with it either.  One of the kits had a regular sise eye cream, and I used it until it was gone as I kept thinking if I kept using it I would see the results people raved about.  It didn't happen. I'm going to give the Kiehl's you mentioned a try.  Thanks!

Back