(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you know that they sell Eqyptian Magic at Costco now?  Well at least in California
Yeah, someone mentioned it in one of other posts. I'm not a member but do live in CA. My mom is a member and is due to come visiting this Thursday! Whoa I just checked calendar. Boy, I better get busy! Hahah

Halloween. Just remembered the Violent Lips things. Please ... Nooo. I also second that Caudalie cream not being as awesome as other creams. I've been using it for a few days and it's not moisturizing and it takes a lot to do anything. My hands are really rough, so I thought maybe it was just me, but it's not. I'm a little disappointed because I really wanted to try it. So, now I hope Birchbox sends more Egyptian Magic cream or something like it. I have to decide on a new full-size hand cream for this Winter.

Oooh, yes!  I know some people are hugely anti-perfume, but I do love the smaller luxury brand ones (i.e. Folle de Joie and Atelier scents!)   I would also love a Sumita color in NOT-black!  Maybe a nice olive or purple...
I would love to try these perfumes!!!

I want Dr.Lipp, perfume samples, the apple mask thingy, make up, the Whish armpit swipes

Colored mascara, eye cream , brow gel or wax, fall nail colors, a good lip balm like Korres , tools, eye makeup remover, a bath bomb, a foot cream that really works, hair stuff but not foils, I loved the Davines.

dark lipsticks (I NEED SOME, i'm sick of all my pinks and corals), skin stuff as always, a nice sultry perfume from atelier, and i agree about the sumita eyeliners too, i got black last time but would love to try the dark blue for fall. ALSO a dark instain would be wonderful (or any dark blush), something kind of plum/mauve.
I agree with everything unless the lipstick is red. I have gotten at least 5 red lipsticks/lipgloss in the last 2 months. I'm ready for another color!

Quote: Originally Posted by jkfinl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes something for brows would be welcome.

I got the Chella brow pencil in my Ipsy August bag, and a Benefit Gimme Brow! as part of the Benefit Lashbash, so I'm all "browed out" for now!  I hope they send you ALL the brow stuff!

I still want to try the Stila in Beso.  Crossing my fingers it appears again in some boxes this month!

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the Chella brow pencil in my Ipsy August bag, and a Benefit Gimme Brow! as part of the Benefit Lashbash, so I'm all "browed out" for now!  I hope they send you ALL the brow stuff!

I still want to try the Stila in Beso.  Crossing my fingers it appears again in some boxes this month!

I agree! I got a nice brow pencil in the CEW box that is the perfect fit for my hair color so I'm set on those for a while!

I also echo all the sentiments about getting some of the items that were missed in Septmber. It seemed like there were so many neat/interesting/different items this month and I didn't get any of them! (except the green apple peel, i cannot wait to try that!)

I am good on brows and lips.  I find myself wanting a plum/brown/mauve for fall.  I would also love some sort of bath product for the cold weather and a winter weight moisturizer.  I'm loving the Fox Hunt color for Fall!

Ooh, time to start thinking about October. Such great ideas, and another that would love a chance at a ton of the stuff I missed out of in Sept

eyeshadows (no coastal), jewel toned eyeliner, colored mascara

makeup primer perfect for heavier foundations in fall

extras: gorgeous barrette, hot chocolate stick (better than more tea), makeup brush

I would love some brow stuff, a really nice cuticle cream, and an eye cream. I have one eye cream right now and I'm not loving it.

I have no idea what I'm hoping for! I think I have everything I really want except a wine cream blush, which I highly doubt would ever show up in Birchbox. I think I'm going to cross my fingers for complete seasonal surprises. New stuff even if it's not necessarily seasonal would also be great. And no black eyeliner -- ever.

I'd like some blotting papers, and I hope that Amika dry shampoo makes it's way to me at some point.  

Thinking about giving the men's box a try for my bf's b-day.

So MSA renewed her account for yearly and checked out the $200 ultimate gift collection I think we were all curious about.

For another $90, I don't feel like it's worth it to get another "$100" in gifts when you could get the stuff for cheaper via their shop just worth coupons and points. If I were going to spend $90, I'd rather personally pick out what  Also, I feel like it sets BB up for some weird expectations if your first box is a bunch of full-size goodies and then you get small samplers the next 11 months...

Hi everybody! I hated being m.i.a. Last month. I missed my new "neighborhood" here! I got in a car accident labor day weekend and had a short hospital stay. Next up I have to have a procedure on the 10 th to help my poor back!! Ugh! So I may go missing a bit again but for now YAY for talkin bout makeup!! I have a profile question. I've been trying to change mine up since I haven't gotten a good for me box yet. Every single color cosmetic has been bright coral or straight up orange. Do you think that may be because I have classic & adventurous checked? I'm more into traditional type neutrals and more berry or darker pinks for color. Orange and coral clash with my skin in a nasty way!! Even tho I'm a classic fan I DO like to play and experiment. I've surprised myself thru trying things in subs I would never think to buy then end up loving it. SOOOO I had classic & adventurous checked. I just changed it to classic but am afraid that may turn boring. Any suggestions?

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So MSA renewed her account for yearly and checked out the $200 ultimate gift collection I think we were all curious about.

For another $90, I don't feel like it's worth it to get another "$100" in gifts when you could get the stuff for cheaper via their shop just worth coupons and points. If I were going to spend $90, I'd rather personally pick out what  Also, I feel like it sets BB up for some weird expectations if your first box is a bunch of full-size goodies and then you get small samplers the next 11 months...

I agree, it seems like a terrible deal. Not to mention that you'll possibly get repeats of the full size items anyway. Way better to spend points and/or straight up cash in the shop on things you definitely want.

Back