(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everybody! I hated being m.i.a. Last month. I missed my new "neighborhood" here! I got in a car accident labor day weekend and had a short hospital stay. Next up I have to have a procedure on the 10 th to help my poor back!! Ugh! So I may go missing a bit again but for now YAY for talkin bout makeup!! I have a profile question. I've been trying to change mine up since I haven't gotten a good for me box yet. Every single color cosmetic has been bright coral or straight up orange. Do you think that may be because I have classic & adventurous checked? I'm more into traditional type neutrals and more berry or darker pinks for color. Orange and coral clash with my skin in a nasty way!! Even tho I'm a classic fan I DO like to play and experiment. I've surprised myself thru trying things in subs I would never think to buy then end up loving it. SOOOO I had classic & adventurous checked. I just changed it to classic but am afraid that may turn boring. Any suggestions?
I have Classic and Low Maintenance checked and I still get bright lip colors and stuff. I don't mind. I still use them. Birchbox only sends me black eyeliners, though. Eyeko and Sumita so far.

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by jkfinl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes something for brows would be welcome.

I got the Chella brow pencil in my Ipsy August bag, and a Benefit Gimme Brow! as part of the Benefit Lashbash, so I'm all "browed out" for now!  I hope they send you ALL the brow stuff!

I still want to try the Stila in Beso.  Crossing my fingers it appears again in some boxes this month!

I definitely hope to get that!

I would really love to see a good moisturizer for winter and it would also be great to get some plum colored eyeliners or eye shadows. 

I switched up my profile this month and actually put in my real age.  I've been getting more beauty items the past few months and I want to try some of these higher-end skincare brands they are carrying now...Airelle, Racinne, Grand Central Beauty. 

I just re-subbed for October after taking a year's hiatus from Birchbox.  I would love to see some skincare items this month, as I have more than enough makeup samples from Ipsy.  I'm just happy to be back on board! I missed the excitement that Birchbox brings each month. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by samvanz12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just re-subbed for October after taking a year's hiatus from Birchbox.  I would love to see some skincare items this month, as I have more than enough makeup samples from Ipsy.  I'm just happy to be back on board! I missed the excitement that Birchbox brings each month. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Welcome back! Hopefully your first box back is a good one!  
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree! I got a nice brow pencil in the CEW box that is the perfect fit for my hair color so I'm set on those for a while!
I love that brow pencil! I worried it would break off since it's a twist up or be too dark since it only comes in one color but I have been soooo happy with it.

Welcome back to BB! I hope you get a great box this month! If not, I'll see you on the trade thread!!

I have Classic and Low Maintenance checked and I still get bright lip colors and stuff. I don't mind. I still use them. Birchbox only sends me black eyeliners, though. Eyeko and Sumita so far.
Thank you!!! I feel much more comfortable about switching now. You deserve a prize for relieving Birchbox anxiety!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'd love a super rich night cream or moisturizer as my skin gets so dry in the colder months, a hair mask, or a nicely scented bath oil.

I'd like something for my brow or lashes. Hopefully no candy since it's Halloween month.

Updates. I'd like to see dark fall colors (plum, wine or red) , eye treatment, turquoise liner

Thank you!!! I feel much more comfortable about switching now. You deserve a prize for relieving Birchbox anxiety!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
You're welcome. I really think Birchbox doesn't pay attention to the profiles when it comes to lipstick, especially, because I've gotten the Jouer in Birchbox Pink, Mirenesse in Perfect Kiss (Orange, although some people say it's coral--to me it's a very orange coral), and Stila in Beso. You're not alone in trying to figure out the profile, though, but I think Classic means bright lipstick to Birchbox.

I think bright lip colors go with the classic profile.  If you google classic makeup ads you see that almost all the ads from the 1940's and 50's have bright lips in reds and pinks.  I've always thought that a classic makeup look was anchored by a dramatic lip while being light on the eye makeup, like Marilyn Monroe or Audrey Hepburn.  Maybe that is BB's thinking behind the bright lippies for classic profiles.

I logged on to update my profile and ended up placing an order for the wrap-up and those Jane Tran bobby pins (so cute!). I've been intrigued by the wrap-up for a while, even though it has mixed reviews.

Quote: Originally Posted by bellerenee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Send all the lipsticks and jewel-toned eye makeup my way, please!!

THIS^^^

Back