(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by samvanz12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just re-subbed for October after taking a year's hiatus from Birchbox.  I would love to see some skincare items this month, as I have more than enough makeup samples from Ipsy.  I'm just happy to be back on board! I missed the excitement that Birchbox brings each month. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Welcome back!

So, I told myself I was going to be canceling my gift sub this month but I've been dragging my feet. Still undecided! I need a little sneak peek!

Quote: Originally Posted by AshJs3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So, I told myself I was going to be canceling my gift sub this month but I've been dragging my feet. Still undecided! I need a little sneak peek!

I told myself this after the goop box last year... still haven't cancelled it lol

I actually canceled one of my accounts this month I was very proud that I actually did it!  I clearly seem to get "better" boxes on one account then the other to the point I traded the whole box away this month. So I finally canceled it.

A lip color that actually works for me, eye shadow, no hair products. I'm overloaded on them. A second ruffian color. I wouldn't mind if they sent out more of those like they did with the wanderlust collection, although I don't see that happening.

I would love a hand cream so I have a small tube for my purse. I always welcome more lip products, even though i have plenty.

I'm weird but I want that cute little bottle of toner from benefit that they sent a month or so ago. It'd be perfect for travel.

Quote: Originally Posted by tasertag /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm weird but I want that cute little bottle of toner from benefit that they sent a month or so ago. It'd be perfect for travel.

Yes, I've been wanting that too!  The bottle is so cute, I know I would reuse it for something else.

I want to NOT receive a black eyeliner/eye pencil/liquid liner of any sort! LOL Or gum, a pen, postcards, etc....other than that, I'm good
biggrin.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I want to NOT receive a black eyeliner/eye pencil/liquid liner of any sort! LOL Or gum, a pen, postcards, etc....other than that, I'm good
biggrin.gif

or a mascara!  If I get one more mascara, I will flip out!

What the heck, BB! I never get mascara. > :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> That's the one item I can never get enough of! I must figure out your box preference secrets.....haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OT - I'm having a great day!

1. I got an invite for a Birchblogger breakfast with Alison Raffaele (founder of an eco-friendly cosmetics line that will be sampled in the October Birchbox). The breakfast will be at the Birchbox office and a makeup gift will be given to us, including her Reality Base Foundation.

2. I was given a verbal job offer at a magnet hospital in NYC.

3. I had some fun mail (Nars and MAC giveaway prizes).

icon_cheers.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by jpark107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

1. I got an invite for a Birchblogger breakfast with Alison Raffaele (founder of an eco-friendly cosmetics line that will be sampled in the October Birchbox). The breakfast will be at the Birchbox office and a makeup gift will be given to us, including her Reality Base Foundation.

icon_cheers.gif

WOW! Lucky you! Update us and let us know how the Birchblogger breakfast is, that sounds really interesting!!!

icon_cheers.gif

Sounds great!  Nurse? me too!

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

icon_cheers.gif

WOW! Lucky you! Update us and let us know how the Birchblogger breakfast is, that sounds really interesting!!!

Thank you! I will definitely update this MUT thread. I *think* this may be the first time local-NYC Birchbloggers have been invited to the Birchbox office (I'm a new Birchblogger, so I'm not 100% sure about that). Only 12 of us were selected for the breakfast (based on twitter activity), so it'll be intimate. 
smile.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by QueenJane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

icon_cheers.gif

Sounds great!  Nurse? me too!

Thank you! It'll be my first job as a nurse practitioner. I'm currently working as a nurse and I'm going to miss it!

Quote: Originally Posted by jmd252 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What the heck, BB! I never get mascara. >
frown.gif
That's the one item I can never get enough of!

I must figure out your box preference secrets.....haha
smile.gif

Actually, I have Ipsy to thank for my recent influx... I got a Pixi mascara in my August bag, an Elizabeth Mott (she also makes the Lash Cards) mascara in my Sept bag, and I just hosted an Ipsy + Benefit LashBash so I now have a huge tube of They're Real!  

I have so many from various subs and GWP's that I'm going to be passing them out like candy at Christmas!  Uncle Bob might not like his, but you can't please everyone, right?  
roflmao.gif

I want to NOT receive a black eyeliner/eye pencil/liquid liner of any sort! LOL Or gum, a pen, postcards, etc....other than that, I'm good :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
They could always throw in a panty liner or a tampon and label it a "Birchbox find" or "Birchbox Beauty Extra".. Lol

Ditto the heavier moisturizers/hand creams & jewel toned eyeshadows! I'd love to try a berry/wine lip color too (maybe a stain?) 

I spent some time a couple nights ago going through both my profiles and re taking the quizzes on both, so I'm anxious to see what my October boxes will hold :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Ditto the heavier moisturizers/hand creams & jewel toned eyeshadows! I'd love to try a berry/wine lip color too (maybe a stain?)  I spent some time a couple nights ago going through both my profiles and re taking the quizzes on both, so I'm anxious to see what my October boxes I tweaked mine a little too!

Back