Square Hue: January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my box today!  Now, I have to figure out what to do with the polishes.  I have very similar colors from other brands already... I clearly have way too much polish and should entirely quit this sub, but I did love the December so much!  I do like the box, although the paper turned all of my bottles black, but they were easily cleaned up. 

One nice touch was the "Welcome to the SquareHue family!" Card with everyone's name signed.  It somehow makes it more real that real people are involved when I see their signatures.

I got that too! (your spoiler) & I have to agree!

Just wanted to share a picture.

I am so smitten with these colors. I used the two blues to do my first pattern.

I am so in love with this months I am so happy I was able to get into the lock in price because I would love to keep forever:) pretty collection you can see bottles and more in my video in siggy! I couldn't wait to test the quality in the product just painted my nails:)

Omg ash your pic is rocking awesome I can't do stuff like that at all but I'm so in love:) really it's beautiful look

Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ohhhh! LOVE it! You just inspired me! Now to find my stamping plates.

Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

*squeeeeeee* This is so pretty! Love it
wub.gif

Originally Posted by DiorAdora /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Omg ash your pic is rocking awesome I can't do stuff like that at all but I'm so in love:) really it's beautiful look
Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ohhhh! LOVE it! You just inspired me! Now to find my stamping plates.
Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

*squeeeeeee* This is so pretty! Love it
wub.gif
Thank you everyone :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ooooh, this month's justified-the-cost-of-the-box-for-me** shade:  midnight flurries.  The photos do not give it justice because the photos do not reveal it has HOLOGRAPHIC MICROGLITTER.  This is the sort of glitter than you don't really see when you look at your nails under direct bright lighting.  It really comes out under indirect/subdued lighting.  It's a lot lighter than I was expecting given the name, and it's a lot rougher than I like due to the glitter (I used two coats of Seche Vite, and I can *still* feel a few bumps), but both of these are okay because I am part magpie, and AWWK!  SHINY!  I have a deep purple/magenta MAC polish very much like this, although I can't recall the name of it (Ooh, maybe?), and I'm always on the lookout for other shades with the same concept (a moss green would be *fantabulous* for the fall!).  I'm predicting this one to be the one most sought after from this collection.  And, no, you can't have mine!

**  I got in on the $14.99-for-the-life-of-your-subscription deal, so this works out to under five bucks a bottle, or less than the cost of one NARS, butter LONDON, or Deborah Lippmann.  Oh!  butter LONDON!  Knackered!  That's what the microglitter in this one is like, except it's not sheer, and it's a steely blue rather than a sheer purple.  *So* glad I finally remembered what other microglitter polish I had.  It was really bugging me.

So I'm doing another experiment this time I have Glacier Skies on both hands but Arctic Frost topped on my right and Midnight Flurries on my left. LOVE these colors. I did notice that Glacier Skies needed two coats otherwise it was streaky but once two coats were on it was hot.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's nail polish wasn't a perfect square (in your pic, see the bottom left side of the last photo.)

I'm noticing there was a code people put in to get a discounted price of $14.99 and that includes shipping, is that still an option?

Originally Posted by lopezri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm noticing there was a code people put in to get a discounted price of $14.99 and that includes shipping, is that still an option?
Unfortunately no, the promo codes expired December 24, 2012 and at this time there are no other promo codes.

So I did midnight flurries last night and wasn't in love with it. on a whim, today i decided to put arctic frost over it. this is how these polishes were meant to be worn.

Should I be worried that I haven't received January's box yet, but have been charged for Feburary, which makes two boxes I've paid for, but haven't received any yet?

I paid for 2 before I got one. Got concerned so I emailed Square Hue. They explained.... I signed up on December 4th. That charge paid for my January box. I was again charged on Jan 4th for February's. They bill a month in advance on the day you signed up.  I am sure you will get your box any day now.

Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Should I be worried that I haven't received January's box yet, but have been charged for Feburary, which makes two boxes I've paid for, but haven't received any yet?
No. They bill a month in advance like Ash said. Don't worry, they did it to all of us.

Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'll reiterate what was posted above my reply plus add they send the polishes via USPS parcel post due to it being nail polishes so it takes a while - depending on where you live - for it to arrive. If you don't get it by the end of this week then contact them. The packages are sent with tracking #s but off hand I don't recall if they send the subscriber that tracking # or not.

I didn't get a tracking number, but here's something else: After the surge in new subs after the December box hit, they added a January 15th shipping date. Yours might be in that second wave. Also, mine was shipped Parcel Post, so it took longer than the December box, which was shipped First Clas.

Back