Square Hue: January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was a little meh on arctic frost at first because I'm just not big on effects top coats, but now that I've put it on over glacier skies, I'm realizing this combo is what I had been hoping that diamond dust polish I got from Birchbox (etoile, maybe?) would be like.  Big yay!

I subscribed Dec.23 and was too late for the January box. February was suppose to be my first. But now I'm getting January's box. I'm in the second wave, I'm happy. The only way I knew about it was Facebook. I saw them talking about a second shipment going out today, so asked about it and they responded that mine shipped today. I'm surprised they didn't send me a email or something. So I'm thinking some other people here may be getting a surprise also!

I have been wearing article frost non stop which is crazy because I don't normally go for things that go over my color polishes! It's so beautiful I really enjoy it over darker colors. Right now I placed it over a jet black and I'm in love! I also have the darker blue color I forgot the name on my toes so pretty!

Wow, I guess I liked January's colors even more than I thought!  I have decided to wear each month's colors *only* for that month, at least until the themes stop making sense, like how Julep's colors don't really seem tied to their release month (Julep barely even seems to have solid themes.  Glitters/neons/suedes don't count here).  Square Hue's polishes most definitely go with their themes.  I'm keeping each month's bottles in their shipping boxes with dates, collection names, polish names, and little swatch dots on the end, and then they will go on my bookcase for storage.  It's time to move the January box from the polishes-currently-in-rotation box to the bookcase in part because the February collection is here and in part because I usually wear nothing but purples in February (violet!  amethyst!), so it's time for the blues to make way.  I don't wanna!  I wanna keep wearing the blue polishes!  

(My OCD has won out, though, and January *is* on the shelf now between December's box and a copy of the English version of the Russian fantasy novel series that began with _Night Watch_ and ended with _Last Watch_.  I should reread that series.  I barely remember *anything* that happened in it!  And I'm getting annoyed with my December box because it's not labeled the same as January and February!  Aargh, inconsistency!  I'm going to tell myself that it's because it was a different year, and changing the labeling will be an annual thing.  Yeah.  That might work.)

Back