SquareHue: March 2014 -- SPOILERS

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm stalking this page in hopes that someone got their shipment early. I just can't wait and be surprised, I want to know! 
yey.gif

Mine's out for delivery but I don't mind seeing spoiler pictures since this thread ** is ** labeled "spoilers."

Sigh... I can't believe we got yet another yellowish-white or whitish-yellow.  I'm giving away the ones I've already gotten because they look like crap on me.  And we just got a shimmery light green last month.  As the French would say, "Merde!!"  When I calm down, I need to decide if I've had it with SquareHue's obsession with yellow.

P.S.  Some of you folks were amazingly accurate with the color guesses!

Quote: Originally Posted by TheSilverNail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Mine's out for delivery but I don't mind seeing spoiler pictures since this thread ** is ** labeled "spoilers."

Sigh... I can't believe we got yet another yellowish-white or whitish-yellow.  I'm giving away the ones I've already gotten because they look like crap on me.  And we just got a shimmery light green last month.  As the French would say, "Merde!!"  When I calm down, I need to decide if I've had it with SquareHue's obsession with yellow.

P.S.  Some of you folks were amazingly accurate with the color guesses!

Same here on the spoiler pics. I don't mind them since the thread says spoilers in the title.  Is it me or does it look like there's a pink shimmer on the nude polish? That may or may not be interesting, if it doesn't translate well on the nail, it'll make good undies for the sheer to color thermals I have that I've been thinking of finding undies for. Acutally, all three of them have the potential to be undies for other colors.

There is a pink shimmer.  It's a vintage rose color with a pink shimmer to it.

I have been lurking for several months (I started getting SquareHue in December) but decided to finally join the discussion! 

Thanks for sharing the spoiler! I haven't received my box yet and I always like the polishes more in real life than in pictures but so far this is not looking like my favorite box. While Arc de Triomphe looks gorgeous, I am not happy with Notre Dame. I just don't want another cream color. I'm also not thrilled about the green (I just don't wear a lot of green polish) but I wonder if it could be paired with the green glitter from last month...

Although I don't like every polish in every box, I am really happy with SquareHue. I love the idea of the Passport collection and hope that it continues for quite a while. Sometimes (like this month when I wasn't thrilled with the preview picture) I still get the box because I want to see what they will do for the chosen city. As for next month, I think we will definitely get an orange for the Netherlands and a purple since it is prominent in the picture. I also think we will get a green similar to the tree in the picture. 

My box just came.  Arc de Triomphe, the nude, does have a pink shimmer and I'm looking forward to swatching it, although I suspect the color will largely disappear on my skin.  Hence "nude," I guess.  My light green Champs Elysees is so light it's almost white (edit: just swatched it on a nail wheel and it's a pale yellow-green shimmer).  And speaking of white/cream, here's Westminster from December, Broadway from January, and this month's Notre Dame:

Color me very, very disappointed.  Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer; I'm going to suspend my SqH account for a while and quit complaining!

Suspending/canceling my account too. Way too similar of colors from month to month. Not risking it next month! I will be jealous of the likely purple you will all probably be getting though.

LOL, me too, although I already own enough purple polishes (and every other color, come to think of it) to choke a goat.

I don't mean this as criticism of SquareHue because I think they're a good company.  It's not unexpected that with any sub like this, after a while you get dupes or near-dupes.  I think I've reached my limit of not knowing what colors will be in the boxes because I'm starting to give away as many of the SqH polishes as I'm keeping, and I'd rather spend my polish pennies on something I know for sure I want.

I think we're virtually guaranteed to get an orange polish for Amsterdam. Orange is so strongly associated with the Netherlands that it would be ridiculous if we didn't. 

I think we're virtually guaranteed to get an orange polish for Amsterdam. Orange is so strongly associated with the Netherlands that it would be ridiculous if we didn't. 
This is why carrots are orange, after all.

My box just came.  Arc de Triomphe, the nude, does have a pink shimmer and I'm looking forward to swatching it, although I suspect the color will largely disappear on my skin.  Hence "nude," I guess.  My light green Champs Elysees is so light it's almost white (edit: just swatched it on a nail wheel and it's a pale yellow-green shimmer).  And speaking of white/cream, here's Westminster from December, Broadway from January, and this month's Notre Dame:

Color me very, very disappointed.  Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer; I'm going to suspend my SqH account for a while and quit complaining!
I'm disappointed as well. I've only subbed for four months and to have three almost identical colors in that much time is really unjustifiable in my opinion. I do like Broadway for the pinky-purple shimmer it gives when I put it on top of another polish, but the other two...sigh.

I'm disappointed as well. I've only subbed for four months and to have three almost identical colors in that much time is really unjustifiable in my opinion. I do like Broadway for the pinky-purple shimmer it gives when I put it on top of another polish, but the other two...sigh.
Exactly! I think we signed up the same time. During that black Friday promo.... There are just way too many dupes... Two reds as well

I hate to admit it, but I'm going to put my sub on halt for a while. I've only been a member since November, The Coastal Collection. And sadly that is the last month I loved. I really, really, really wanted to love this company and right now I'm "meh."

I'm not giving up on squarehue just yet but I am getting tired of the Passport Collection. I signed up because I liked the Serengeti collection, endless summer collection, moto collection etc. hope they go back to that soon because I do think the coastal collection was my favorite out of the last five months that I've been a member.

This will be my first month subscribed to Square Hue.  I was disappointed with the Julep colors this month and had wanted to try this sub for a while. I thought it was perfect since I love Paris and im a March baby.

Quote: Originally Posted by disconik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Here it is! Pardon the crap quality but I'm at the office.

Champs Elysees - Pale Green Shimmer

Notre Dame - Pale Peachy creme

Arc de Triomphe - Vintage Rose shimmer - my fave of the box at first glance.  

Love the colors cant wait to get my box.

Quote: Originally Posted by KatieS131 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have been lurking for several months (I started getting SquareHue in December) but decided to finally join the discussion! 

Thanks for sharing the spoiler! I haven't received my box yet and I always like the polishes more in real life than in pictures but so far this is not looking like my favorite box. While Arc de Triomphe looks gorgeous, I am not happy with Notre Dame. I just don't want another cream color. I'm also not thrilled about the green (I just don't wear a lot of green polish) but I wonder if it could be paired with the green glitter from last month...

Although I don't like every polish in every box, I am really happy with SquareHue. I love the idea of the Passport collection and hope that it continues for quite a while. Sometimes (like this month when I wasn't thrilled with the preview picture) I still get the box because I want to see what they will do for the chosen city. As for next month, I think we will definitely get an orange for the Netherlands and a purple since it is prominent in the picture. I also think we will get a green similar to the tree in the picture. 
Welcome!

Susan, I'm snagging this pic so I can post it on their facebook with a mini wtf comment.

I was supposed to get mine today but didn't.  I'm severely disappointed in this box...another craptastic pale green?  Really?  Meh, bleh and ugh.

Back