Starlooks July 2014 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
f985e4a3-de87-470b-b862-45c27de1b670.jpg

Last week we sent out a questionnaire asking for your highly valued opinion of our current products and services, and on some updates we will be making in the near future - which included a Free Item to show our appreciation. We hoped to be able to use the collective data to cater our business to your individual wants and needs.
Unfortunately, shortly after its launch, it was brought to our attention that a huge number of the submissions we received were not authentic, and we were forced to shut it down pre-maturely.

Please rest assured that our team is hard at work doing our absolute best to extract the authentic data from the corrupt. We want to be sure that your voice is heard, that your individual opinions are accounted for, and that you are rewarded for your cooperation. All we ask is for your patience while we do so.

If you did not have the opportunity to take the survey, don’t worry! We will give you another chance.

Until then, to express our sincere apologies, use code "SLLOVESYOU" at checkout to receive 50% OFF your next order from Starlooks.com - expires July 21st, 2014.

Disclaimer: As promised, the personal information you provided upon submission of your answers has remained encrypted, protected, and private, and will only be used by our shipping department, if and when our trusted techs determine that the collected data is useable. If the data is determined un-useable, this information will be permanently deleted from our system.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to contact us via email ([email protected]) or phone (949-679-0679) on weekdays between 9:30am & 5:30pm PST, and our representatives will assist you personally. 
2dc6e8b7-7aa8-488a-a3f1-ded6ce934ad6.jpg
 ​
 ​
Have I mentioned how much I absolutely ADORE Starlooks?  Looks like they listened to you @ & are offering 50% off for the trouble.  I'll be making an order just because I love them & appreciate what they do for their customers.​

Last week we sent out a questionnaire asking for your highly valued opinion of our current products and services, and on some updates we will be making in the near future - which included a Free Item to show our appreciation. We hoped to be able to use the collective data to cater our business to your individual wants and needs.
Unfortunately, shortly after its launch, it was brought to our attention that a huge number of the submissions we received were not authentic, and we were forced to shut it down pre-maturely.

Please rest assured that our team is hard at work doing our absolute best to extract the authentic data from the corrupt. We want to be sure that your voice is heard, that your individual opinions are accounted for, and that you are rewarded for your cooperation. All we ask is for your patience while we do so.

If you did not have the opportunity to take the survey, don’t worry! We will give you another chance.

Until then, to express our sincere apologies, use code "SLLOVESYOU" at checkout to receive 50% OFF your next order from Starlooks.com - expires July 21st, 2014.

Disclaimer: As promised, the personal information you provided upon submission of your answers has remained encrypted, protected, and private, and will only be used by our shipping department, if and when our trusted techs determine that the collected data is useable. If the data is determined un-useable, this information will be permanently deleted from our system.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to contact us via email ([email protected]) or phone (949-679-0679) on weekdays between 9:30am & 5:30pm PST, and our representatives will assist you personally. 
 ​
 ​
Have I mentioned how much I absolutely ADORE Starlooks?  Looks like they listened to you @ & are offering 50% off for the trouble.  I'll be making an order just because I love them & appreciate what they do for their customers.​
HOLY COW! :blink: That is so freaking amazing! I just got the email too. I will also be making an order to take advantage of this amazing display of customer appreciation and service. Serious Starlooks Fangirl here.

Nice! I'm glad they responded to you.

I can't stop thinking about what could be in the july box. Have they ever sent single shadows? I'm wondering if we could expect a blue/indigo shadow based on the lookbook.
March of last year they sent out a single shadow (a navy one). I think that's the only one since I started subbing.

I got a single shadow in a "referral box" back in December. So they theoretically could, we have just been spoiled by palettes haha.

IMG_4817.JPG
That is an awesome referral box. I need to get some referrals lol.

That is awesome that they gave out that code and are atleast attempting to figure out the authentic data!

I was actually nervous that the non-subscriber data would drive the sub in a direction that actual subscribers do not want. I'm really happy to see that they're trying to dig through and identify the people who are truly invested in this!

I got 3 of the surveys because I'm in their database with 3 email addresses. Two are old, one is current. 

I only filled out one survey with the current email address I use with them. 
What happened? Did they send the survey to everyone in an old database? 

I got the email about the " no free product" as well and I emailed back and said " I filled out one survey even though you sent me three and I filled it out with my preferences".

If they can't be bothered to update their database, whose fault is that?

​
 ​
Such an awesome and smart thing to do! It is really nice of them to think of their loyal customers. I am totally getting a couple of makeup brushes!

*squee*

I just bought the November 2013 box, AND the Tel Aviv 5 shade shadow pallet with that code. That's $113 of stuff for $33!!!

The amount of excitement I am feeling is ridiculous. I've been oogling that Tel Aviv pallet for ages now.

People on facebook are going crazy about how they are just trying to get out of giving out so many free products...obviously those people haven't been around long.  I think, in general they are more than generous about giving out free items (birthday boxes, referral boxes, loyalty codes etc). I believe they are being genuine about wanting to get quality data that will help them better their company/subscription.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got that email too and bought $100 worth of stuff (don't know how I managed that on the dot!) and obviously got it for 50. I bought Big Bang eye liner, Real Turquoise and Blood Orange shadow pans, Sugar lips?? tendergloss, and the palette that is all purples (don't remember the name). I was so excited to try the tendergloss and there were something's I wanted/needed and I was definitely NOT able to resist a 50% off code. Sure, they have to lose 50% of the sales, but at the same time a sale like this generates sales. AND GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE!

I've come to the conclusion that I just don't care for starlooks lip products (except for maybe the lip liners), But their eyeshadow is ridiculous, I think I like it better than UD. I wanted to get a blush but it's hard to buy something like that without seeing it first...especially with no real swatches.

I've come to the conclusion that I just don't care for starlooks lip products (except for maybe the lip liners), But their eyeshadow is ridiculous, I think I like it better than UD. I wanted to get a blush but it's hard to buy something like that without seeing it first...especially with no real swatches.
I have emailed them for blush swatches a few times and they send you a pic immediately. I bought a couple based on their photo swatches and the color was on the ball. I highly recommend emailing them. I agree with you regarding lip glosses, I am just not a fan so far but to be honest i think it is because of the 5 i have they all have a glitter in them which i hate.

well, I know what we aren't getting!!

the hong kong palette - I needed to know if we were getting it or not, cause I want to purchase it with that discount!!  So I asked starlooks:D

At $41 for just 5 shadows, I'm not gonna waste my money, especially when some of them are misses. But if I can get it for $20.50, I'm all about that! If I'm gonna shell out I will buy one of the big famous palettes that people are raging about like the new Lora Pro 2 or something, but for $20, that's totally something I am down for paying. Especially seeing as I need some purples in my life and the one I got look shimmery and Starlooks makes great shimmer shadows. As for the pans I bought, I want to put them in the new Zpalette I bought and why not save like $3 and have it without a case seeing as I just bought a large and small Z palette. Need something to go in it! haha

You guys are killing me....I have to wait till Tuesday to order anything as I hit my 'beauty budget' limit *I really need to drop a beauty subscription or 2. * But Tuesday...oh much fun will be had! Muwahaha.
...I still love reading your shopping lists though <3

I have emailed them for blush swatches a few times and they send you a pic immediately. I bought a couple based on their photo swatches and the color was on the ball. I highly recommend emailing them. I agree with you regarding lip glosses, I am just not a fan so far but to be honest i think it is because of the 5 i have they all have a glitter in them which i hate.
Good to know for future purchases! They really have great customer service.

And YES! That is exactly the reason I don't like their lipstick. I absolutely can not stand shimmer or glitter in my lipstick. Almost every single shade has it. Call me crazy, but I prefer unshimmery matte lipstick.

Back