Starlooks July 2014 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are still like 4 palettes that I want. Stockholm, Madrid, Amsterdam, & Hong Kong. But like...how  many eyeshadow pallets does a girl need?
I think Amsterdam and Madrid are the two I am most drawn to :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And I think I have to agree with @@meaganola All of them! I love buying new palettes!

I think Amsterdam and Madrid are the two I am most drawn to :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And I think I have to agree with @@meaganola All of them! I love buying new palettes!
If it's shimmery, I'm drawn to it....especially if it's purple or some kind of neutral. I bought the naked3 palette as soon as it came out. 

I have been lusting over the Stockholm palette since I found out about starlooks. I am utterly depressed I didn't know of it when it was sent out in the starbox.

what did you end up ordering? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Since I didn't join till last December I picked up the November box which had the Madrid palette in it, an eyeliner pot in "Orion" and a slanted brush (because, omg, the value saved from all these things was insane and yay a brush!) I also picked up a Kohl pencil in "Enigma" because I haven't tried their Kohl pencils yet and "Enigma" is my boyfriend's nickname lol....I'm a sap. Overall everything will have a lovely dark blue theme.

I am on a low buy right now as I fell down the indie cosmetics hole and am trying out far far too many samples this month. haha.

Since I didn't join till last December I picked up the November box which had the Madrid palette in it, an eyeliner pot in "Orion" and a slanted brush (because, omg, the value saved from all these things was insane and yay a brush!) I also picked up a Kohl pencil in "Enigma" because I haven't tried their Kohl pencils yet and "Enigma" is my boyfriend's nickname lol....I'm a sap. Overall everything will have a lovely dark blue theme.

I am on a low buy right now as I fell down the indie cosmetics hole and am trying out far far too many samples this month. haha.
I bought the Nov box with my Loyalty Code. I haven't actually used the shadow palette yet, but LOVE that liner brush and the Orion liner. The value of that box was just too good to not get!

I LOVE the orion liner....The first time I wore it, I was waiting in line at Starbucks and a woman comes up to me and says what a beautiful eyeliner color....

:D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Still no shipping confirmation on my stuff :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Aww.  I know @@trekkersangel and someone else were wondering about birthday boxes and someone on their FB asked because their birthday was last month and they didn't get one. Starlooks responded saying that program is "on hold" and they are working on a new rewards program to launch soon , so you July girls it looks like you won't be getting one :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I know they have been talking about this new rewards program for a while. I am curious how it will be. If it's anything like Ipsy's then I will be bummed, since their old way was so nice and Ipsy makes it nearly impossible to get stuff without getting like 2 referals. If it's more like Birchbox or something it could be pretty nice!

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy cow....
So I *think* I was just sent two referral boxes this month but I'm not 100% sure. (I know at least one friend signed up this month but I wasn't expecting referral boxes to ship until next month....)

My 50% off order was shipped and itemized in my email after the above shipped but I thought it was just the same thing and I had just gotten 2 notification emails.

I am curious, has anyone gotten their "Your July Starbox has shipped!" yet because I am curious if one of these boxes I got today is my July box.

If they ARE just two referral boxes HOLY CRAP....tons of pink and purple items, 7 items totaling $124 worth of things.
With referral boxes like this I am even more nervous for their points system about to launch. I'm afraid to post spoilers just in case one of these is my July box....what do you girls think? *I am especially curious as it says the referral box FAQ says they contain 3 items each and one of mine came with 4...I am not sure what I just received but I can say that I love everything!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Onyxspider  I haven't heard of anyone getting shipping yet, and the July box should have a card in it stating it's the July box with the contents and a crystal or three since that's kind of their trademark, and maybe an extra non-makeup item because they sometimes like to send those sorts of things as extras in the monthly boxes.  But I say go ahead and post it in here!  This is a spoilers thread, as indicated by the thread title, so anyone coming in here should be aware that Here There Be Spoilers.  Because of that, spoiler tags aren't necessary, but if you want, you can put them in.  

(If you have a lot of photos or *OMGHUGE* pictures, it's just generally considered a cool thing to put them behind spoiler space regardless of whether something is a spoiler or not, just to make it easier to get through the thread.  I've noticed I've been having problems getting to the last post of a thread on mobile lately, so if I get dumped a few posts back with a ton of photos, it's kind of annoying to scrollscrollscrollscrollscrollscrolldidImentionscroll to get to the next post.  But it's definitely perfectly acceptable to post whatever you got in here with or without spoiler tags.)

@Onyxspider  I haven't heard of anyone getting shipping yet, and the July box should have a card in it stating it's the July box with the contents and a crystal or three since that's kind of their trademark, and maybe an extra non-makeup item because they sometimes like to send those sorts of things as extras in the monthly boxes.  But I say go ahead and post it in here!  This is a spoilers thread, as indicated by the thread title, so anyone coming in here should be aware that Here There Be Spoilers.  Because of that, spoiler tags aren't necessary, but if you want, you can put them in.  
Awesome, thank you. And you are right, there was no July box card or crystal so these must be referral boxes. *They just also seem very similar to this month's theme* I appreciate the info :)  

I am seriously in happy shock....

Items recieved:

5 shadow palette in Tel Aviv,

Eyeliner Pencil in Velvet Violet,

Eyeliner Pot in Cosmos,

Matte Blush in Pomtini,

Lipstick in Janinne,

Lip Gloss in Victoria, and

Eye Pigment in Regal

*Not a single one of these items are duplicates for me either* All items and colors are currently being sold (not discontinued colors etc) and the retail value is $124 I couldn't be more thankful for both the friends who used my referral and for Starlooks being so above and beyond generous. IMG_11231.JPG IMG_11171.JPGIMG_11201.JPG

Latest posts

Back