Starlooks March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meaganola and I both had birthdays in January and we got the same items. Not sure what anyone else got, though. It'll be interesting to see if Feb birthdays got the same items. It seems like leftover stuff, so I think it will be changing up as they run out of the old stuff.
Ah, okay. Thank you! Oh and the look book is up now! I can only guess a vivid lippie and lashes.

Quote: Originally Posted by TwinkleSprinks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ah, okay. Thank you! Oh and the look book is up now! I can only guess a vivid lippie and lashes.
Thanks for posting that it is up.

It seems kind of weird to me that they mention Marilyn Monroe in the description, yet the model seems styled in a very Audrey Hepburn-esque  way(or is that just me?!?!)

It'll be interesting to see what we are getting since there isn't a ton to go on from the Looksbook.

I was thinking brows too!! BUT we did receive that brow kit not too long ago. I love bold lips but I have hundred million shades of red and looking at the lookbook what stands out to me is red lips, bold brows, black liner, and lashes. I'm in the minority I know because I love lashes.. most people would hate getting another pair.. can't remember what month we received the lashes or brow kit. I'm just hoping it's not a black eyeliner and red lipstick month!! Especially since we are heading into Spring and I would love to see some Spring colors. My only other guess would be possibly grey eyeshadow? I'm pretty excited though because I just used my loyalty code and picked up a beautiful blush and green concealer plus I finally got around to emailing thenm about the duplicate items I received last month and was told I could pick any two items $15 or under as replacements so I choose clear eye primer and a peachy long wear lipstick.. all of that out of pocket for under $2!!!! I hope they continue allowing us to choose our items for the loyalty gift

I was thinking brows too!! BUT we did receive that brow kit not too long ago. I love bold lips but I have hundred million shades of red and looking at the lookbook what stands out to me is red lips, bold brows, black liner, and lashes. I'm in the minority I know because I love lashes.. most people would hate getting another pair.. can't remember what month we received the lashes or brow kit. I'm just hoping it's not a black eyeliner and red lipstick month!! Especially since we are heading into Spring and I would love to see some Spring colors. My only other guess would be possibly grey eyeshadow? I'm pretty excited though because I just used my loyalty code and picked up a beautiful blush and green concealer plus I finally got around to emailing thenm about the duplicate items I received last month and was told I could pick any two items $15 or under as replacements so I choose clear eye primer and a peachy long wear lipstick.. all of that out of pocket for under $2!!!! I hope they continue allowing us to choose our items for the loyalty gift
The blush I chose was Pomtini and the lipstick was Immortal.

could it be the 4 color  lip palette?  And a high shine gloss? Because there is no way a lipstick goes on that glossy and when I look at the "lip" picture closely, it looks almost like there is a shimmer to the finish.    I wonder, as the rest of the face is black & white, if we are getting a setting powder (they do have a translucent white loose powder)   If an eyeliner, I would hope for a liquid pen, not the pencil.  I would not mind a black liquid eyeliner.

If the choices are a bright red lipstick, a black pencil eyeliner and false eyelashes, I will be let down that a beauty blogger picked those items, as one of the major complaints with subs is that this is the normal fare they give us (red, black, falsies - think ipsy!!)

What I would love from this box is the translucent powder, a great brush to put it on with and that would be a win for me, even if the additional items were a red lippie or falsies.

now I LOVE their Spring 2014 fashion week pics.  Why can't we get a teal eyeliner and rose-mauve-nude lippie?

I still have tons of the powder left from when they sent it last summer, I just never really use translucent powder, so I hope we don't get that lol.

I definitely think the lips scream gloss, and I like their gloss formula, so I would love another one in a bolder color. Maybe instead of lashes they will be sending mascara...it's been nearly a year since they sent mascara (unless you guys got one while I was unsubscribed) and they do have new formulas.

I have no gloss from them, so I would like a lip gloss.  Are their lip glosses sheer or opaque?

I didn't know they sent out a translucent setting powder last summer...I guess that nixes that idea!!

I'm fine with a high shine gloss or even a good red lipstick. I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I want more mascara from Starlooks. I fell in love with their mascara from last march's (????) box! So I would be thrilled if that was in our boxes this month. I'm also hoping for a brush of some sort. I love their brushes & want them all!!! This is the month the blogger gal got to put together right? She said it was going to be great stuff so here's hoping. . .

has starlooks ever sent out a liquid eyeliner? 

I just bought my Clinique HIgh Impact extreme volume mascara (which I love and will never go to another type until they stop making it), so I really would not use any mascara from starlooks... 

there are two things that I really would not want from a sub - a foundation (because they can never pick out my color) and mascara. 

Quote: Originally Posted by biancardi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  has starlooks ever sent out a liquid eyeliner?

I just bought my Clinique HIgh Impact extreme volume mascara (which I love and will never go to another type until they stop making it), so I really would not use any mascara from starlooks...

there are two things that I really would not want from a sub - a foundation (because they can never pick out my color) and mascara.
We got the Precision Eye Pen in June of last year.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks!  I see they have two types of liquid eye liners....perhaps the other one? 

Quote: Originally Posted by TwinkleSprinks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was looking through the lookbook again and I am hoping it is the 4 shade lip palette. That would be awesome!!
maybe that and a gloss?  Plus a liquid eye liner - I would be happy!

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It went out in their first box the previous June as well.

http://starlooks.com/collections/past-starboxes/products/june-starbox

http://starlooks.com/collections/past-starboxes/products/june-2013-starbox

It looks like the liquid liner, a white shadow, a brush, and one of the Gemliners were in the 2012 box.  I specifically remember them saying that they were sending the liquid liner out again in the June 2013 first anniversary box because it was one of their favorite products, so it was a great way to commemorate their first anniversary.  Because of this, I can see it showing up in the anniversary boxes -- and *only* the anniversary boxes -- every year.  And brow kits went out in May 2013, and setting powder went out in April 2013, for those keeping track.

Based solely on the Looksbook, this box looks *boring*.  I can't say I'm looking forward to it and am actually kind of dreading it because it looks like it's going to be a replication of the reasons I canceled ipsy:  Red lipstick, black eyeliner, and black mascara.  If that turns out to be the case, the curating vlogger made a *huge* mistake in picking these as her "signature" items, especially for March, when we're moving into springier colors.  No one is going to remember her box as interesting and exciting like the Lauren Clark box, which was the one that sucked me into this sub with all of that pink and coral.  It's just going to be yet another installment on the endless march of the same old thing, which really sucks because I subscribe to Starlooks because I want to mix things up and get *out* of that same old well-worn groove. 

I'm holding out hope that there's a cream blush in there that is not Bellini, Merlot, or Hot Passion, though.  And a brush.  Even just a brush will go a *long* way towards making subscribers be not grumpy about getting the same combination pretty much every sub sends out (and ipsy isn't the only sub that does this:  the first Le Meter de Beaute box had a red lipstick and a black liquid liner), and it would be a good thing to include "for that perfect smoky eye" (because if that's where this box is going, you *know* that will be the text on the card!).

(Yikes, I'm crankier than I thought tonight!  I guess I'm not in March mode quite yet.)

@meaganola, I agree. If this box is a red lippie, a black PENCIL eyeliner (a liquid liner might make me feel better) and black mascara or false eyelashes, I would question the beauty bloggers choices.   I would think that those choices are made by novices, not someone who is so into beauty.  Starlooks has a lot of products, fun colors, and tools, so I don't understand why a beauty blogger would pick those items.  Surely she must know that people who subscribe to a beauty subscription want to try out new things - heck, I might grumble over getting a neon color, but AT LEAST it was something different.

I loved the beauty blogger's look in her vlogs - she tends to go to smokey eyes in neutral colors, and mauvey-brown lippies.  So, I don't know.  Maybe to her, this is new and exciting. lol

The only saving grace is that I ordered a crap load of stuff from starlooks due to their promos - I got October and July's starboxes, plus I got other makeup items, like a brush, pigments, blush and gem eyeliner.

My phone is being annoying and for some reason I can't quote you guys but the 4 shade lip pan would be pretty awesome!! @meaganola I agree that the brush would go a long way in making a lot of us happy.. I know I would personally love to see more brushes! The Lauren Clark box was actually my first and favorite starbox.. that was an amazing collaboration box in my opinion

Quote: Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My phone is being annoying and for some reason I can't quote you guys but the 4 shade lip pan would be pretty awesome!! @meaganola I agree that the brush would go a long way in making a lot of us happy.. I know I would personally love to see more brushes! The Lauren Clark box was actually my first and favorite starbox.. that was an amazing collaboration box in my opinion
The Lauren Clark box was my first, too. It is still probably my favorite of all the boxes I've gotten (and ipsy bags, too). Loved it. I just used the tipsy liner today (with the Lilu lipstick over it, which looked better together than I thought they would).

I have never gotten a red lip product from a sub (I've only been doing subs since last Feb and have only done Starlooks for 8 months and Ipsy for 5), so I would be ok with red, especially a red shimmery gloss. It would be cool to get the lip palette. I don't particularly want a black liner or mascara, but eventually they would get used, I just have a lot in my drawer of unopened items to get to first.

I think I'd like for this month, from looking at the looksbook:

- a brush, especially some kind of eye brush, since you just can't have too many of those :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

-red shimmery lip gloss or lip palette

-a blush. any. blush. (that I don't already have LOL)

ETA: Looking more at the looksbook, her cheeks look very contoured...hopefully not another bronzer...do they have a highlight? I don't remember seeing one on the site...hopefully it is a sign of a blush

"Show 'em who's BOSS"... Starlooks has a bright red lipstick in Boss. I received it in a referral box; it's pretty bold!

Back