Starlooks March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wholeheartedly agree that for a vlogger collection, red lips & black eyeliner would be such a wasted opportunity. Let's have a prayer circle that the lookbook is just messing with us.

After seeing the BOSS color in their lipstick collection , I'm pretty sure that's going to be in the boxes. They wouldn't have bolded the whole "show 'em who's BOSS!" If it wasn't. Not my favorite, but I do love their lipsticks & I will use it! Now to hope & wish & hope some more for something fun like a blush or a BRUSH! (Although I really am hoping for their mascara again even though nobody else wants it.)

Quote: Originally Posted by trekkersangel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

After seeing the BOSS color in their lipstick collection , I'm pretty sure that's going to be in the boxes. They wouldn't have bolded the whole "show 'em who's BOSS!" If it wasn't. Not my favorite, but I do love their lipsticks & I will use it!

Now to hope & wish & hope some more for something fun like a blush or a BRUSH! (Although I really am hoping for their mascara again even though nobody else wants it.)
if it was in a referral box, it seems they wouldn't send it out (due to dups)....I am just hoping that it isn't that color!!  That is ONE red lipstick.   Swap list!

edited to add - they also had the Boss lippie in their holiday collection online.  

if it was in a referral box, it seems they wouldn't send it out (due to dups)....I am just hoping that it isn't that color!!  That is ONE red lipstick.   Swap list! edited to add - they also had the Boss lippie in their holiday collection online.  
Referral boxes, birthday boxes, & special collections don't count as dupes for the sub boxes. I really wish they did, but so many different things go out in those boxes to so many different people. But here's hoping the looks book is just fooling us all. ;-)

Referral boxes, birthday boxes, & special collections don't count as dupes for the sub boxes. I really wish they did, but so many different things go out in those boxes to so many different people. But here's hoping the looks book is just fooling us all. ;-)
as @rachelshine said, we need to get into a prayer circle...STAT!

0.jpg

Hint video for the March box!! Yay!

Looks like a black gel liner, dark red lip liner, red lipstick, gold lipgloss....all 4 or maybe 3 of those 4?

So it looks like a definite for the red lipstick & for the other items maybe the black gel liner & a red lip liner? Oh please say there's something a little more fun in there. I don't mind the red lipstick or a black liner alone with 2 other fun things, but if those are the 3 things we are getting I'm not super thrilled with this box. Seems a bit boring. Please let this all be a tease. ;-)

So it looks like a definite for the red lipstick & for the other items maybe the black gel liner & a red lip liner? Oh please say there's something a little more fun in there. I don't mind the red lipstick or a black liner alone with 2 other fun things, but if those are the 3 things we are getting I'm not super thrilled with this box. Seems a bit boring. Please let this all be a tease. ;-)

Honestly I'm REALLY excited for the lipstick because it looks like a gorgeous deeper red shade. Although I think that kind of a shade is a bit more fitting for like...a November box or a January box.

I would much rather have boring and very useable than exciting and unwearable. Although February was boring and unwearable for me so anything is a step up this month!

Honestly I'm REALLY excited for the lipstick because it looks like a gorgeous deeper red shade. Although I think that kind of a shade is a bit more fitting for like...a November box or a January box. I would much rather have boring and very useable than exciting and unwearable. Although February was boring and unwearable for me so anything is a step up this month!
I'm all about the red lipstick. I am excited about that one. I think I'm bored with black eyeliners just because I've gotten them in every sub box in the last 2 months (which isn't Starlooks fault). I do like their gel liners though. They are a great formula. Just not excited about black when they have so many fantastic colors. I guess that gold lipgloss might be an item as well. Hmmmmm, not a big fan of that either. I guess I wouldn't mind a lip pencil to match the lipstick. I don't have very many lip pencils. I guess we won't know for sure which items will be in the actual box until the boxes come.

I hope the red lip color isn't scarlett because I just received that one.
icon_rolleyes.gif
 The gold gloss wouldn't be too bad and I haven't tried starlooks lip liners yet and own very little so that would be nice.

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Looks like a black gel liner, dark red lip liner, red lipstick, gold lipgloss....all 4 or maybe 3 of those 4?
if the red lippie is boss, then they took the holiday box lip products and put it in here (red cedar was the lipliner with boss in the holiday box). 

If it is just the lipliner, eyeliner and lipstick, my whole box is up for swap!!  I don't like bright red lipsticks - I have a couple of really nice dark red lippies from beseme, so I am all set there -  and I have a red lip liner that I just got in december.  I don't mean to complain, but this is the beauty sub's nightmare box.  Red lipstick, black eyeliner - lol

The lipstick is really pretty, so I am happy with that. I may have like a zillion reds, but I keep getting them! I don't really need the lipliner as I use a universal one. I suppose the black gel eyeliner is good enough. I don't think I have a black gel in my stash at the moment. I wonder if there will be a couple other products besides what she used today...would be a little MEH if it was just the lippie, lip liner, and gel eyeliner. 

And all our hopes for blush have been dashed, as she kept saying IT WILL WORK WITH ALL SKIN TONES/NO BLUSH. Waaaah. 

ps, I can't be the only one who finds her just slightly annoying? Maybe it's because she's so dang perky! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by biancardi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  if the red lippie is boss, then they took the holiday box lip products and put it in here (red cedar was the lipliner with boss in the holiday box). 

If it is just the lipliner, eyeliner and lipstick, my whole box is up for swap!!  I don't like bright red lipsticks - I have a couple of really nice dark red lippies from beseme, so I am all set there -  and I have a red lip liner that I just got in december.  I don't mean to complain, but this is the beauty sub's nightmare box.  Red lipstick, black eyeliner - lol
That would be such a bummer - why buy their special boxes if they turn around and send out the product right away?  I ran into that with the lip sets.  I felt like buying the products separately turned into a waste of money.

Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The lipstick is really pretty, so I am happy with that. I may have like a zillion reds, but I keep getting them! I don't really need the lipliner as I use a universal one. I suppose the black gel eyeliner is good enough. I don't think I have a black gel in my stash at the moment. I wonder if there will be a couple other products besides what she used today...would be a little MEH if it was just the lippie, lip liner, and gel eyeliner. 

And all our hopes for blush have been dashed, as she kept saying IT WILL WORK WITH ALL SKIN TONES/NO BLUSH. Waaaah. 

ps, I can't be the only one who finds her just slightly annoying? Maybe it's because she's so dang perky! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
you should watch her sex q&a's!!  I was dying over them....blow jobs and eating out....(can I say that here??)

if the red lippie is boss, then they took the holiday box lip products and put it in here (red cedar was the lipliner with boss in the holiday box).  If it is just the lipliner, eyeliner and lipstick, my whole box is up for swap!!  I don't like bright red lipsticks - I have a couple of really nice dark red lippies from beseme, so I am all set there -  and I have a red lip liner that I just got in december.  I don't mean to complain, but this is the beauty sub's nightmare box.  Red lipstick, black eyeliner - lol
No kidding. If I wasn't holding out hope that there's a brush to make up for SO PREDICTABLE AND BORING, I would cancel for this month and re-subscribe for April. It actually makes me angry that this is in fact how the box is shaking out. I will remember this blogger as the one who picked the same damned things as every other sub. It might be a classic look, but that also means that most subscribers already have all of this stuff in their arsenal. This seems like a *huge* misstep. ETA: On the topic of bright lipstick, I love it -- and I probably have a dozen bright reds and at least that many hot pinks already. Bright lipstick has been my thing since my high school days in the '80s. I'm looking for a change from that sort of color.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No kidding. If I wasn't holding out hope that there's a brush to make up for SO PREDICTABLE AND BORING, I would cancel for this month and re-subscribe for April. It actually makes me angry that this is in fact how the box is shaking out. I will remember this blogger as the one who picked the same damned things as every other sub. It might be a classic look, but that also means that most subscribers already have all of this stuff in their arsenal. This seems like a *huge* misstep.

ETA: On the topic of bright lipstick, I love it -- and I probably have a dozen bright reds and at least that many hot pinks already. Bright lipstick has been my thing since my high school days in the '80s. I'm looking for a change from that sort of color.
I can't even cancel, as I have already been charged for March!! haha

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No kidding. If I wasn't holding out hope that there's a brush to make up for SO PREDICTABLE AND BORING, I would cancel for this month and re-subscribe for April. It actually makes me angry that this is in fact how the box is shaking out. I will remember this blogger as the one who picked the same damned things as every other sub. It might be a classic look, but that also means that most subscribers already have all of this stuff in their arsenal. This seems like a *huge* misstep.

ETA: On the topic of bright lipstick, I love it -- and I probably have a dozen bright reds and at least that many hot pinks already. Bright lipstick has been my thing since my high school days in the '80s. I'm looking for a change from that sort of color.

Quote: Originally Posted by biancardi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I can't even cancel, as I have already been charged for March!! haha
Haha right?! That and I kinda want to stick around for the next loyalty gift to see if it's another credit. 

PS, has anyone's loyalty order actually shipped yet?? I ordered on like the 24th, got the confirmation order, and not a peep since. Status is currently unfulfilled on their site. I will cry if somehow I don't end up with the October blush palette. 

Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha right?! That and I kinda want to stick around for the next loyalty gift to see if it's another credit. 

PS, has anyone's loyalty order actually shipped yet?? I ordered on like the 24th, got the confirmation order, and not a peep since. Status is currently unfulfilled on their site. I will cry if somehow I don't end up with the October blush palette. 
my loyalty gift has not shipped.   My two past starboxes have shipped and I got them today (I got the Oct & July ones).   My other orders of makeup have not shipped.  I have no idea what the problem is down there!

whispers...I am so bad.  and mean.  I left an honest opinion on her vlog about March's box.  Oh well

Back