Subscription & Sampling Programs

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MyGlam originally said that it ships the last day of the month.

I just checked the FAQ and they changed it to this "Glam Bags are shipped on or around the 10th day of every month. You can expect your Glam Bag to arrive 5-10 business days after it has shipped. Just like your magazines, you will get a new Glam Bag every month and there is no need to re-order."

Originally Posted by SmokeyEye22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I signed up Nov. 29th. The website says they would ship out either the last day of the month or the 1st of the month, in their FAQ's it mentions both so I'm a little confused. I didn't see anything on there that mentions shipping on December 10th and I didn't see that on their FB either. Well it's Dec 1st and I still haven't received a shipping email! Maybe they will ship out a little later because of their high volume of subscribers, maybe they got in over their heads. We'll see...do you ladies want me to let you know when I get a shipping email?

Just an update....

As mentioned above Cravebox launched today. Unfortunately it IS another US only company.

MyGlam's December box is sold out and according to their Facebook wall they're almost nearing selling out for January. So if they do then the EARLIEST you'll be able to subscribe will be in January for a February box. At this time I'm still recommending holding off on subscribing because it seems as if they've already hit over 20,000 active paying subscribers and depending on who is actually running the company (I doubt it really is Michelle) there just might be a few snags when it comes time to actually shipping the boxes out. Let's put it this way, if Christine from Eco-Emi has problems with her company in terms of shipping and she has roughly half of what Michelle has already then MyGlam might hit some snags. Birchbox, which I love, has a good size staff and millions of dollars into it already and they still encounter problems so I do think it's possible MyGlam will have problems as well since it just started and this will be their first box shipped out.

Like always I'll give my honest opinion on the boxes I get. I'll be subscribing to Cravebox as well.

Yeah I seen Cravebox launched but since I just signed up for MyGlam I'll wait on that. These sampling services are getting expensive! LOL Wow, MyGlam switched it up on us fast! I was just on the website like a day ago and now they have changed the shipping to the 10th. Ugh, I'm going out of town for Christmas on the 16th so I probably won't be getting that one, and I won't be back til later in January! I am pretty sure I'll be getting the December box because they charged me the day I signed up and they said they wouldn't charge your card if they were sold out of boxes, so let's hope they hold up to that and don't change the fine print.

Oh it does add up... and fast. You think "oh it's only $10/$12.99/$15" but then it just adds up.

For me it was:

Birchbox: $10

Eco-Emi: $15

GoGoGirlfriend: $12.99

Add on TestTube (almost $40) every three months (and I ended up with a refund on my QVC TestTube box that was delivered to someone else) and it's crazy.

I no longer have Eco-Emi or GGG but I now have Julep Maven ($21.something after tax), MyGlam ($10) and I'm signing up for Cravebox ($10) and Beauty Army (once they're out). Basically I'm spending around $50 in samples each month and every three months it's closer to $80. Hmm... $80? That's a couple of UD palettes depending on the palette..

so i just got a custom ad for "julep" which, i believe, is a mainly nail focused beauty brand (maybe i'm wrong here though). the add said $40 worth of beauty for $5. i was intrigued and clicked on it.

it's another sub service, and basically if you type in the code intro5 you'll get your first box for 5 bucks. you take a quiz, and they pick an option for you, and if you don't like it, you can pick another one.

i'll be honest, i just wanted the $5 offer because the products looked nice, BUT to cancel you HAVE to call them.

it states it's for security reasons that you can't cancel through the internet, but i think it's because sales reps are waiting on the other line.

a friend of mine used to work for an internet provider, and when people call to cancel he'd try to win them back and do up-sales.

so i passed. thought i'd share anyway, for those of you who are good on the phone. if it was just through email, no biggie but calling.. nah.

http://www.julep.com/

box  goes out every month, and is 19.99 i think. it's not big though. just 2-3 items from the julep brand.

But you can skip the month so you're not charged if you don't want the hassle of canceling. I got a box in November for $5, got one for my daughter for $5 and skipped her box for December (will again at the end of December for January). I did get a December box which came today. Reviews on both boxes sometime this week. I have the videos for all my November boxes but haven't had time to finish editing anything.

oh, i thought you can only skip like 1 month or something! i'm pretty bad with stuff like that and would forget. mmmh. did you like their products? i never tried julep before!

You can skip each month so long as you remember to. I skip Shoe Dazzle every month for the last six months simply because there hasn't been any new shoes that I want from them. lol

I did like the polish colors BUT I don't like the price simply because you're getting a little more than half the size of OPI, China Glaze or even Sinful Colors. I showed in a video I did (but haven't edited) that Julep's polishes are roughly the same amount as the mini Zoya's that came in my Birchbox.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can skip each month so long as you remember to. I skip Shoe Dazzle every month for the last six months simply because there hasn't been any new shoes that I want from them. lol
I looked into Shoe Dazzle, and some of the other shoe ones, because that's not a bad price for shoes, and it's nice that you can keep skipping, but none of them sell my size :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm a 4.5, but most of my shoes are size 5's in brands that run small or are boots that can be a bit larger and still work.  (I can rarely trust a size 5 until I try it on) But I think Shoe Dazzle starts at a size 6? *cries*

I did the 5 dollar deal for julep, and then canceled the next month.  They did not try to "win me back" when I called, just simply asked if I minded letting them know why I was canceling.  I said that I liked the polish but right now cannot afford to continue.  They didnt even try to say "well you can skip this month if you need", the lady I talked to just said "yeah thats completely understandable, thank you" and canceled my sub.  I was really happy with that, I was so nervous about calling because I did not want to deal with having to argue my way out of it, instead it was so easy.

Originally Posted by Katie-Gaslight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

oh, i thought you can only skip like 1 month or something! i'm pretty bad with stuff like that and would forget. mmmh. did you like their products? i never tried julep before!
Also, Julep sends you an email when the new box is about to come out with your "preview" and at that time, you can choose to change you box, or pause that month, so you dont have to worry about having to remember, because they will send you an email letting you know its time.  Definitely a nice part of it.

4.5?! Wow, you have such tiny feet, I'm envious! The smallest I see on Shoe Dazzle is a 5 1/2 which is too big for you. There is another subscription company that sells for $39.95, I keep seeing the commercial and keep forgetting to type in the url when I see it. I'll find out who it is though and will let you know if they have shoes in your size.

I was going to order cravebox, but seems they have already sold out December......

December's Cravebox is Sold Out! Sorry, this month's Cravebox is currently sold out. If you didn't get in on this month, not to worry, you can still participate. We'll contact you about:

• Availability of additional Craveboxes for this month
  • When next month's Craveboxes are available
  • Cravebox and product giveaways
  • Our December Cravebox Twitter Party, which will feature product giveaways and exclusive discounts
To get these updates, please provide your email address.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

4.5?! Wow, you have such tiny feet, I'm envious! The smallest I see on Shoe Dazzle is a 5 1/2 which is too big for you. There is another subscription company that sells for $39.95, I keep seeing the commercial and keep forgetting to type in the url when I see it. I'll find out who it is though and will let you know if they have shoes in your size.
yeah I'm teeny all around though. It'd be nicer if I were closer to mainstream size so I could find things easier. 

I can walk into a huge shoe WAREHOUSE store and ask them to bring out every single women's shoe in the store that might fit, and only have a handful of things to try on.  Out of those, maybe 1-2 are the style I'm looking for, and chances are, they're too big.  (The last time I went, the girl found 3 pairs of shoes in the entire store)  I'm fine in the kid's section for tennis shoes, but I'm not going to find a good pair of pumps in the tween section that's not covered in sparkles and Disney princesses.

I've been buying 5's, but after trying on some of my sister's shoes that were too big for her (she wears a 3.5-4) and learning what it was like to have shoes that fit, I'm not sure that I really want to try on 5's anymore!  I learned that my 5's that "fit" are actually still a half size too big, and it makes so much of a difference when they actually fit.

I  did some research into the variety of boxes available and am absolutely positive I found two or three for the uk keep looking Ruby I know one is called a JolieBox.

http://joliebox.com/

I want to try luxebox myself I heard awesome reviews and I think there is one other but I need to stop buying and use up some of my stock items before I do, living in the country makes me a hoarder and I have loads of products atm!!! o_O

Canada also has a topbox has anyone heard of them you get 4 delux samples they show stila and nars on the front page and are sold out til March 2012 already??

Back