The Look Bag: December 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by annieha10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just realized that the bottle is wrong. 

Here is what the 2 oz travel size looks like. All of Fekkai's bottles are labeled as Fekkai not Frédéric Fekkai.

I asked, waiting to see what they say. If it's a smaller bottle - like a 0.5 oz or 1 oz - that could explain the labeling differences.

I'm guessing the one that look bag sent is the old packaging. I saw a pic of it in an article with similiar packaging and it was dated back to '09.

got my bag today. I can say that I will not be putting the BeFine ANYWHERE near my face. just no. the candles smell nice and I will definately use those. the Too Faced is TINY and I think I don't like it. it turned my lips BRIGHT red. like, I haven't worn chapstick and have been breathing through my mouth all winter. and it stings. I can deal with tingling, but the burning is a little much, and I don't feel like it plumps my lips. the nail glitter is in the weirdest color. I've never used a nail glitter, so I am interested to at least try it. The conditioner will probably sit in a cabinent until I go over-night for something. and the shadow is kinda chalky. so. meh. with all the shipping issues and this lackluster bag, it is going to be my last one. I would cancel, but the website doesn't even show I have a subscription, so I guess I'll find out if they try to charge me next month.

Both Birchbox and Befine acknowledged the problem within 24 to 48 hours and offered a solution to members who were affected.

I can say that I was highly disappointed with this service.  December was my first month and it isn't at all what I was expecting.  I scoured the internet for days looking for reviews and unboxing videos of this subscription and I was so excited.  I also received my shipping information around December 17 and just received the bag last night. 

The candles are ok, but I didn't really think that was what I was signing up for,  I can buy tealight candles by the dozen.  The TooFaced lip gloss is crazy ridiculous.  Not only did I have Courtney Love lips but they burned and the area above my lips looked like I had drank a big glass of red Kool-aid. 

The eye shadow is ok, but it's Loreal.....and can be bought at Wal-mart.   I just figured we would get higher quality stuff.

The nail glitter, mine was red...I have no idea how to use this stuff and won't wear it on my hands. 

I guess I will see if January is better and if not, I'm done with this. 
frown.gif

I canceled after opening mine today, I needed to weed my subs down and they made it easy to break up with them.

Originally Posted by KelleyFA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The nail glitter, mine was red...I have no idea how to use this stuff and won't wear it on my hands. 
I've got some potted nail glitters...you can sprinkle them onto wet polish, or dip a wet nail in them, and put top coat on top.

I've been with them since their second month and immediately again at October when they relaunched. This month doesn't measure up to their other bags at all, but crossing my fingers for next month! I'm not sure why they send us the same exact eyeshadow in the same color......I'm using the candles now though and they do smell nice.

This was their FB explanation for the eye shadow repeat....

Back by popular demand, we have included a bonus item in your December The Look Bag! So many people loved the full sized L'oreal eye shadow that was sent earlier in the year, we have popped it into the December bags as an extra gift so that previous members and new can enjoy this great product

"back by popular demand??????" .... really ???? lol 

Some of my subs were effected by the winter storms in the midwest this month. At least that was USPS explanation for why my tracking number hadn't been updated in 6 days...

They missent my bag to my billing address. We will not be home not until February and it is there sitting on our porch. The mail lady said that she will send back the stuff lying on our porch to the sender if necessary.

Thanks for the hassle. TLB!

I just got charged. But wait isn't it like the 29th of December???? Still no tracking email. (though if they just charged me it might be a while)

Back