The Look Bag: December 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Brittann /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm really glad I wasn't involved in Befinegate-that doesn't sound good at all!
It actually wasn't bad, they awarded 100 points for it, and everything was kinds forgiven. I still used mine, and I'm alive. Haha. I'm just saying. Seeing the reputation TLB is already establishing for themselves, if they send out expired samples, it won't be good. haha

I got my bag in the mail, and it was ANOTHER november bag. Was all excited because I had tracking info since the 15th and thought they were actually right on schedule this time. I posted a message to their facebook and they got right on it, and sent me out the correct bag, I have a shipping email that I got yesterday. I so want to give them a chance, but I've been with them since October and it doesn't seem to be getting better, so once I get my bag I'm canceling.

Originally Posted by spmblueeyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Seeing the reputation TLB is already establishing for themselves, if they send out expired samples, it won't be good. haha
Before they shut down TLB had sent out products that were nearly expired, as in 1 month away. It was a Korres lotion.... don't lotions have a relatively long shelf life?? How old were those samples to expire the next month! LOL

Their response to the products being nearly expired was "use it fast."

I posted on their FB that I was sad that I wouldn't receive my December Look Bag in December..... they deleted my post...

Originally Posted by cskeiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I posted on their FB that I was sad that I wouldn't receive my December Look Bag in December..... they deleted my post...
Wow!

... oops,,, guess it is there, or magically reappeared...

I posted that I got another november bag when I thought it was supposed to be the dec bag and when I went to their wall b/c I got a text saying they replied I couldn't find it...when I went into notifications, I clicked the link and there it was.....odd lol.

Originally Posted by pandangela /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Before they shut down TLB had sent out products that were nearly expired, as in 1 month away. It was a Korres lotion.... don't lotions have a relatively long shelf life?? How old were those samples to expire the next month! LOL

Their response to the products being nearly expired was "use it fast."
Oh, wow. I just discovered them in October, hadn't heard about them before then. That's um, not really the response a business should be sending to its customers IMO lol

Originally Posted by spmblueeyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by cskeiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I posted that I got another november bag when I thought it was supposed to be the dec bag and when I went to their wall b/c I got a text saying they replied I couldn't find it...when I went into notifications, I clicked the link and there it was.....odd lol.

They probably hid it rather than outright deleted it.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They probably hid it rather than outright deleted it.
makes perfect sense. Didn't even know that was an option, haha but it explains why I couldn't find it when I went looking but thru notifications it was still there, that's the only reason I knew it wasn't actually deleted.. Sneaky sneaky lol

Finally received my shipping info....my December bag was just shipped today....ugh...

hopefully it really has shipped! Most places will send a shipping notice when they print the label. But not necessarily meaning that it got in the mail that day.

Has anyone else that recived their bag tried the skin food stuff yet? I went to try it last night. Opened it up and it smelled awful then i started squeezing it out and the texture was worse. I soon decided it wasnt going anywhere near my face and threw it away.

Originally Posted by Ladyrawrness /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone else that recived their bag tried the skin food stuff yet? I went to try it last night. Opened it up and it smelled awful then i started squeezing it out and the texture was worse. I soon decided it wasnt going anywhere near my face and threw it away.
Just out of curiosity, given their track record, did you check to see if it was expired?

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just out of curiosity, given their track record, did you check to see if it was expired?

No I didn't think about that. I just went and found it (it was right on the top) There was no experation date on it. I dont think that is it though i feel like it was the product its self.

I squeezed it onto a cotton round. It was very hard to get out. Sorry its not a really good photo at all.

Originally Posted by Ladyrawrness /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I squeezed it onto a cotton round. It was very hard to get out. Sorry its not a really good photo at all.
Thanks for the pic. I have a full size tube to compare the contents to. The smell of mine has a hint of brown sugar and oats almost the smell of oatmeal cookie dough minus the vanilla extract. It's a very pale yellow-brown color; the color of yours, which could be due to the light, is a darker brown. As for the texture of mine, it's coarse like raw sugar and I've used mine a couple of times but found it to be very harsh on my cheeks so I use mine on my forehead, chin and neck only because of that. Judging by the photo it's highly possible yours did spoil especially if the odor smelled bad, it should have a sweet scent like oatmeal cookie dough.

Back