The Look Bag: December 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might be misremembering, since I didn't receive an expired Befine sample in the Birchbox fiasco, but didn't those who did complain that they smelled badly?

The expired Befine sample was of a product that contained SPF. SPF loses it's potency over time which is why anything with SPF must have an expiration notice. Off hand I can't give you then name of the product that contained SPF but if you look for Befinegate in the search you'll find the thread.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The expired Befine sample was of a product that contained SPF. SPF loses it's potency over time which is why anything with SPF must have an expiration notice. Off hand I can't give you then name of the product that contained SPF but if you look for Befinegate in the search you'll find the thread.
The SPF product was the daily moisturizer, but some also said that the exfoliating cleanser also smelled off despite not having an expiration listed.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Ladyrawrness /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I squeezed it onto a cotton round. It was very hard to get out. Sorry its not a really good photo at all.
Thanks for the pic. I have a full size tube to compare the contents to. The smell of mine has a hint of brown sugar and oats almost the smell of oatmeal cookie dough minus the vanilla extract. It's a very pale yellow-brown color; the color of yours, which could be due to the light, is a darker brown. As for the texture of mine, it's coarse like raw sugar and I've used mine a couple of times but found it to be very harsh on my cheeks so I use mine on my forehead, chin and neck only because of that. Judging by the photo it's highly possible yours did spoil especially if the odor smelled bad, it should have a sweet scent like oatmeal cookie dough.

I've had this cleanser in both packet and tube form, and every packet I've gotten looks like the one the user posted, it's harder to get out and is more dry than it is in the tube (the same amount of coarseness, but I find there is less of the liquidiness in the packets)...however, it should not smell bad, it should just have a mellow brown sugary scent.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've had this cleanser in both packet and tube form, and every packet I've gotten looks like the one the user posted, it's harder to get out and is more dry than it is in the tube (the same amount of coarseness, but I find there is less of the liquidiness in the packets)...however, it should not smell bad, it should just have a mellow brown sugary scent.
Thanks everyone I don't think it was experied because it did feel how everyone was describing it I went ahead asked my mom to smell it and she said she liked the smell so I guess it must just be me.

Originally Posted by Ladyrawrness /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks everyone I don't think it was experied because it did feel how everyone was describing it I went ahead asked my mom to smell it and she said she liked the smell so I guess it must just be me.

It is kind of an odd smell, if you haven't used something like it before :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by pandangela /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hopefully it really has shipped! Most places will send a shipping notice when they print the label. But not necessarily meaning that it got in the mail that day.
... you were correct... it's still not showing up in the USPS system.... ugh....definitely not renewing this sub!

Still no December Look Bag in my hands, nor has the "tracking" updated.  On the plus side, my Urban Decay order shipped!
biggrin.gif

I got charged for December bag -- no tracking number and no emails. It's January and I do not know if I'll be receiving one.

Sent an email to the Look Store and finally received a reply that my bag had shipped on the 4th.  Baloney! USPS tracking finally updated and

the package wasn't even shipped until the 10th! (same day I sent my email)...I told them as such in my email and asked why not just be honest

with me and say that it hadn't shipped yet.....throw in a few extra products for being late, and I'm usually ok with it, but don't outright lie to me. I have an

annual sub with them thru March... I sure hope January is better, and I definitely won't be re-subbing to this one!

anyone else notice that they've blocked customer comments on their facebook pages? They can't handle all their subs and the complaints so they don't let their customers post about it, so people don't have any idea of the the problems they're having!

Well when I exposed the problem with the October (?) bag containing expired products they deleted and blocked me from their wall. I think they lifted that not sure since I've since unliked their wall. They have admitted in the past that they purchase their products from 3rd party vendors which to me raises so many red flags. I opted to cancel my subscription at that time since their first launch and then this one they've just had way too many problems.

Was supposed to post the same thing but TYG! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Should I be surprised? LOL
I honestly saw this coming when they disabled the ability to post on their fb wall and hadn't posted anything on fb for a long time.

Originally Posted by Ladyrawrness /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I honestly saw this coming when they disabled the ability to post on their fb wall and hadn't posted anything on fb for a long time.
I created a new thread with your initial post in it, love! Can you repost the email? For some reasons, it was deleted. Soooowreee!
frown.gif

Back