Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Eyeshadow Palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Jean is right it does... picture wise. I have to go upstairs to get mine down and see how they compare to her swatches.

For those interested in buying it the palette is now available on Urban Decay. Strike that, it's sold out already!

http://www.urbandecay.com/15-year-anniversary-eyeshadow-collection/308,default,pd.html

I love UD eyeshadows for their payoff and finish but I am not convinced 100% by this palette. I own BOS III, Alice in wonderland and Naked and I also could see some similarity between this palette and some of the shadows present in the old ones. On the other hand something that I absolutely looooove about this one is the sleek and shiny package! Isn't it gorgeous? I never liked the BOS cardboard box and gimmicky package.

Anyway I guess I will have quite some time to make up my mind, the palette is not available in Europe and it's sold out on the UD website anyway
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by swedgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

On the other hand something that I absolutely looooove about this one is the sleek and shiny package! Isn't it gorgeous? I never liked the BOS cardboard box and gimmicky package.

Thats kind of why i am getting it.... The box is cool and I love having 15 shadows in one place. Thats why i keep depotting my stuff....

Yes I will do a color comparison when i get mine..... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I looked at Temptalia's swatches and I can tell you the WNW Blue Had Me At Hello has three dead on dupes from the UD palette.  The two I listed above and the third color on the Right of the WNW palette is a dupe for Evidence.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Jean is right it does... picture wise. I have to go upstairs to get mine down and see how they compare to her swatches.

For those interested in buying it the palette is now available on Urban Decay. Strike that, it's sold out already!

http://www.urbandecay.com/15-year-anniversary-eyeshadow-collection/308,default,pd.html
EDIT:  Deeper and MIA look alot like the gold colors in the WNW palettes I've Got Good Jeans and I'm Getting Sunburned

Originally Posted by eLLah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

less than 12hours and it's sold out...

ROFL, sorry but this just makes me laugh.

They just FINALLY got the Naked palette shipped out to enough stores that it's not always sold out everywhere. Suppose that UD needed something else for everybody to be desperate for!

I didn't get a chance to get my hands on this.  It was sold out by the time I woke up! I'm sooooo bummed out! I really wanted this palette and was ready to pop it in my basket and rush to virtual checkout!  So now I'm on the waiting list. Hopefully it won't become a Naked Palette fiasco! Wish me luck and if anyone notices that it's back in stock, please post it! TIA!

I complained about it on the UD facebook, you guys know me I'm going to complain to the company if I'm not happy, and so far there are over 16 people who agree with me that UD didn't do a good job with having the product in stock on an initial release..

They never do. I think it's strategic supply/ demand. It A.) makes them looks good to have a product thats so hot it sells out in a couple hours of release ( they prob only had 50 in stock) and B.) it creates the demand and ofcourse word of mouth that this item is hot and needs attention.

I think you're right. People are ticked off though by this because it shouldn't have sold out THAT fast.

Anyone wanna give a rough estimate on when they think UD will have more in stock? I somehow got lucky with the Naked Palette in March when I first started buying non-drugstore brand makeup, so I'm not sure exactly how long it took for everyone to get their fill.

lol, well from me maybe this weekend. I think it just landed in MN, hopefully will be delivered today

I tried to order it yesterday as well and it was already gone.  I'm on the waiting list but I think I'll have another birthday before I get an in-stock email. 

how long does it usually take UD to get their palettes back in stock? I just have to get it or at least the dupes.  So when there's a dupe list please start a new thread with the title in bold. LOL I don't want to miss it!

It depends on the item. The Naked palette for example takes up to two weeks to a month before it's back in stock. This is a new item so who knows. It was poorly launched in my opinion.

Back