Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Eyeshadow Palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had it in my cart and when I went to check out told me that I could not check-out with an item that was no longer in their catalog.  GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

For those of you that are interested in color comparison between this new palette and older UD release check out russianbabe1981 on youtube.

As suspected some of the most dupable colors are the neutral ones but I have to admit that after watching her I came to realise that I would use at least 10 of those shades very often (at least as much as the naked ones!) perhaps it is worth the investment. One thing that really impressed me is how velvety those eyeshadows look, let's just hope they will restock soon!

I recently paid too much on ebay for the UD Naked Palette (which I love) because I couldn't access it elsewhere. I WANT this.....but....I may give it a pass because I know sellers are going to double the cost of this thing. It's lovely though

I went to Ulta on Saturday in hopes to find the palette.  Well, UD was doing mass makeovers (they had a traveling team) with a big production of everything black, silver and purple (cupcakes, hersheys kisses, etc) all adorned with their logo.  I asked one of the MU artists if they had the new UD palette and she looked confused.  Then another MUA said "yeah, did you girls hear about the screw up?"  Apparently Ulta wasnt supposed to advertise it online until August 1st.  As soon as they figured out it was up there, they took it down.  So, it didnt sell out online at Ulta but was pulled from the lineup.  I'll be keeping my eye out come Aug 1st!  

I complained about this online as well, well, on the FB UD site.  I'm beginning to think it's either a marketing tactic, or it's exceptionally poor management on the part of the production person.

Either way.. I like the colors, but I also think that's a little shady to take colors and rename them.

Mind you, I'm a huge UD fan.  I debate with myself as to whether I think it's shady, or whether it's great marketing.. I mean, take an old color (because I rather like some of the ones that were disconnected), and then remarket it under a new name.  Now, that being said.. I think it is shady to promote these colors as exclusive if they aren't.

Do we have definite proof that they're the same?  Sometimes the undertones are different.. I know UD is pretty famous for having colors that reflect to a difference color when you turn it one direction.  I know that has a name too but I don't remember what it's called, lol.

You're talking about Duo-tone colors. And yeah I'd love to see them make a palette purely of discontinued colors. Like Picadilly, Twisted, Big Bang, Metropolitan, AC/DC and Absinthe. I am soooo sorry for the delay ladies I have gotten my palette and believe it or not have been too busy to even play with it
icon_cry.gif
talk about tragic. I am really hoping to find some time to do the comparison swatches.... who better to do it than someone like me that is crazy enough to own almost every darn color they have :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

On the same note: i really think UD needs to branch out with their colors. They have alot yes, and they are killer quality ofcourse. But to have woodstock AND junkshow..... i'll let you know if they are actually the same color but if they aren't ... do we really need two that are sooo close in color when there's a whole spectrum to play with??

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It sold out at Ulta.com within hours.

It was actually a mistake on Ulta's part and removed from the lineup.  Then yesterday, I get a tweet from Ulta saying that the 15 year was now available online.  I clicked the link literally 3 minutes after I got the tweet and it said it was "Unavailable".  I don't know if they've really gone online with this palette yet.  The UD reps say not until August 1st.  

Woo, just stumbled across it on Sephora's website. I went for the free Midnight Cowboy lipgloss. I leave for vacation on Saturday so it will be waiting for me when I get back!

After checking the UD website for the 15yr anniversary palette and seeing that it's still out of stock, and I am set up to receive an email when it becomes available again, I thought, duh, try Sephora.com!  I thought I will check Sephora.com to sign up to be notified once it's available there, too.  But to my FANTASTIC surprise, it's in stock!!!!!!!!!!!!  I ordered 2!  One for me and one for mom.  She hasn't even heard of the palette, but she knows that if I want it, and have been hawk-eyeing UD's website for this palette since day one, that she should want one too!  So hurry and get your's now. I can't belive that I got so lucky and was able to get my hands on not one, but two of these babies!!!  Sorry, I'm so excited!  I was so bummed out when it was sold out.  This time I swear when I receive it, I will use it either that same day, or the next time I do my makeup!  I say that b/c I still haven't used my Alice in Wonderland paletter or the Naked palette, and the Ammo palette!  I just finally used my Skull palette, and I have one more, but not sure of the name of it, but I haven't used it yet, either! GO GET YOUR PALETTE!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Happy Shopping!!!

Originally Posted by Jisellerr /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I need to find the Alice in Wonderland UD Palette somewhere. I wasn't able to get it when it was out :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
From Temptalia's site:

It is important to note that the eyeshadows included in the palette are not new shades; they’re existing/previous shades re-named to fit in the Alice in Wonderland theme. That being said, if you own Urban Decay’s Ammo, Book of Shadows Vol. I/Vol. II, or the Sustainable Palettes, you may already own the majority of the shadows in the Alice in Wonderland kit.  Below is a shadow-by-shadow review with the real-name of the eyeshadow in parentheses (for your reference).  
  • Underland (Flash) is a bright, cool-toned medium purple with an icy lilac shimmer. It’s soft, smooth, and richly pigmented.
  • Alice (Painkiller) is a bright aqua-blue with an icy sheen. Like Underland, it’s smooth, silky soft, and has lots of pigment to it.
  • Oraculum (Baked) is a warmed-up copper with a softer copper sheen. Smooth, soft, well-pigmented. I do find this one has a bit of a frostier finish than some of the other shades.
  • Queen (Last Call) is a reddened eggplant with a burgundy edge. It has a frost-like sheen, but it is smooth and pigmented.
  • Chessur (Chopper) is a cooler-toned, not nearly as bright, copper shade. It has the same soft texture as the majority of Urban Decay’s shadows, but it has silverish glitter particles that may contribute to some fall out in practice.
  • White Rabbit (Polyester Bride) is a gently yellowed white (though still, very white) with a white-gold sheen. Like Chessur, it also has some glitter to it, so it’s not quite my favorite texture.
  • Wonderland (Maui Wowie) is a tarnished gold, maybe an antique gold, but not quite so dark. It has a golden bronze sheen to it. It’s pigmented and smooth, but it also has a few glitter particles (though I think this is one of the more manageable glitter-based shades in the bunch).
  • Curiouser (Grifter) is a lightened fuchsia-purple with icy purple sheen. It also has silverish glitter particles in it, which may lead to fall out. This is one of the lesser pigmented shades, though it still has decent color pay off.
  • Muchness (X) is a peachy-melon with a gold sheen. It almost has a little mauve to it, in certain lighting. It reminded me of MAC’s Melon pigment quite a bit. This has a frosty finish, but it doesn’t have the glitter, so it’s smooth and easier to work with.
  • Mushroom (Mushroom) is a taupe brown with kind of a silvery sheen and shimmer. It’s not quite as rich as some of the other shades, but it can be layered for a more intense look. (Don’t get me wrong, it has nice pigmentation–just not as intense as the other shades in this palette.)
  • Midnight Tea Party (Midnight Cowboy Rides Again) is a flushed champagne with silver/gold glitter particles. This is quite possibly my least favorite Urban Decay eyeshadow. It is a pain in the behind to work with, because the glitter fall out is pretty insane. It’s a shame, because the color itself is pretty, but the glitter means “No, thank you!†for me.
  • Vorapal (S&M) is a neutral, slightly cooled down silver with a brighter silver sheen. Smooth and pigmented.
  • Absolem (Homegrown) is a grassy green with a golden shimmered sheen. Very pigmented and true-to-color.
  • Drink Me, Eat Me (Sin) is a pinked champagne with a bright, frosty sheen. It’s like a pinker version of Midnight Tea Party–and sans all the glittery fall out.
  • Mad Hatter (Twice Baked) is a lightly glittered dark brown with warm undertones. I don’t remember Twice Baked behing so lagging in pigment, but I really had to layer this one on to get a decent evenness. It gave me some drag and a faded look.
  • Jabberwocky (Oil Slick) is a dark black base with icy blue and silver glitter. While not as prone to fall out as Midnight Tea Party, it’s still one of the glittery shades that may lead to some fall out while applying it.

Back