Urban Decay 2013!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by volleyball2013 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I will never try an Urban Decay blush again, powder or not! I tried the cream blush, think it's called the cheek tint or something, in Indecent, and it was terrible. It was so thick, dry, glitter balls. Turned me off from all Urban Decay blushes, so no way for me to the blush palette!
aww, that's too bad.  I have their Afterglow Cheek Tint in the "quickie" color, which I really love a lot.  It's very creamy and has zero glitter.  

Originally Posted by nishino /img/forum/go_quote.gif

aww, that's too bad.  I have their Afterglow Cheek Tint in the "quickie" color, which I really love a lot.  It's very creamy and has zero glitter.  
maybe mine was old or something because Ulta had it on clearance for $12! maybe I'll try another one sometime, but that one I tried really turned me off from UD blushes!

Originally Posted by bluelion /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd also like to see them go back to their roots a little bit, and maybe bring back some of the older, grittier shades that made them popular to begin with.

This, a million times this. Since their Naked palettes got so dang popular, they've been catering to the mainstream more. Too much, in my opinion. The Vice Palette was half neutrals! I was so excited to hear about a 20-shade palette from UD, but was disappointed in the shade selection. The Naked thing is done to death. I have the second Naked palette, and love it, but I don't want the first. While Naked Basics originally excited me, as it was supposedly a matte-only palette when rumors were flying, the fact that it's matte and satin finishes combined with the fact that it definitely didn't wow me when I swatched it at the store means I'm holding off.

If anyone associated with Urban Decay is reading this, please please please make a shadow palette of the gorgeous greens and purples and dramatic brights and darks that you were once known for. 

Yes, I'm hoping Urban Decay will release a palette with no neutrals! I want some bright greens, crazy blues, gorgeous purples! How about even a red or an orange!? No more Naked palettes, please! 

Originally Posted by volleyball2013 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I will never try an Urban Decay blush again, powder or not! I tried the cream blush, think it's called the cheek tint or something, in Indecent, and it was terrible. It was so thick, dry, and it had glitter chunks. Turned me off from all Urban Decay blushes, so no way for me to the blush palette!
I miss the older line of Urban Decay powder blushes before they discontinued them to make the cheek tints. I have Quickie, & Fetish. I used to have Score & Paranoid (which was one of my favorites) & I really loved them all. The new blush palette seems "meh" to me. If they came out with a blush palette with their old blush formula, I would definitely love.

My biggest "fear" is that now that they're in the process of being purchased by L'Oreal that they will not be as edgy as before.

I agree, I miss the old power blushes. The creams were pretty and blended nicely when I tried them, but I'm more of a powder girl when it comes to blushes.

Originally Posted by jac a /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i love the concept! i know i have like a gajillion palettes from ud but this is a must have for me! i can vouch for the super-saturated pencils; they are glossy but not sticky. i think i am going to pick up both!
Me, too!  I have all of the super saturated pencils (thank you Black Friday set!) and really love the formula.  I do have to be having a brave/bold day to wear them out as they're bright, except for Naked which is very wearable and gorgeous. They're better for going out at night, but with kids those days are rare. So...daytime it is for me if I'm going to wear them and sometimes I just go for it.  :-D  So if they're dups to the regular pencils (and if so, I'm guessing it is F-bomb and Naked) I'll move them on via trading or via eBay. Will have to wait and see on that...

I have accepted the fact that I collect and love collecting new UD shadows. So while I have more eye shadows than I'll ever need or use, I will enjoy obtaining and using these. It'd be perfect if they come out before my b-day next month as I can get my sister to get me one and save a little!  I'll realize that I'll never use up my UD shadows, but I store them carefully and feel like powder can last a long time if not exposed to humidity/heat/etc.

The only UD palette that hasn't met my expectations so far is the Vice palette. The formula seems chalkier and messier than usual to me and as a whole, I'm not in love with the color selection even though there are a few amazing options in it.  Everyone else loves and raves on it - but it does not inspire me the way Smoked and the 15th Anniversary did.  

But these Oz palettes inspire me and both palettes are shades I will wear and love! For spring time the good witch palette is catching my eye.  The other one will be hot for a vampy summer-time palette!  Me-ow.

-L

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

gosh dangit!!! I was wondering what I should ask for my birthday..I was going to ask for an iPhone...NOT ANYMORE. more makeup it is!!
Bwahaha! Me too, Katlyne.  Me, too: My bday is the first week in February.  I'm hoping they're out by then.  Maybe I can score one from lil' sis and one from hubs (who will roll his eyes at me buying more makeup, he doesn't get it).

I hope the Smoked pencil set is still available on sale so I can grab a second set for backups of Empire, Mainline, and Smog.

If anyone made orders on UD.com this winter and they release before 02/28, don't forget your $5 off coupons! Depending on price, it might be worth splitting into two orders and using two of those coupons if you're like me and have 3-5 setting around.  I might be able to share one or two even!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by LAtPoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me, too!  I have all of the super saturated pencils (thank you Black Friday set!) and really love the formula.  I do have to be having a brave/bold day to wear them out as they're bright, except for Naked which is very wearable and gorgeous. They're better for going out at night, but with kids those days are rare. So...daytime it is for me if I'm going to wear them and sometimes I just go for it.  :-D  So if they're dups to the regular pencils (and if so, I'm guessing it is F-bomb and Naked) I'll move them on via trading or via eBay. Will have to wait and see on that...

I have accepted the fact that I collect and love collecting new UD shadows. So while I have more eye shadows than I'll ever need or use, I will enjoy obtaining and using these. It'd be perfect if they come out before my b-day next month as I can get my sister to get me one and save a little!  I'll realize that I'll never use up my UD shadows, but I store them carefully and feel like powder can last a long time if not exposed to humidity/heat/etc.

The only UD palette that hasn't met my expectations so far is the Vice palette. The formula seems chalkier and messier than usual to me and as a whole, I'm not in love with the color selection even though there are a few amazing options in it.  Everyone else loves and raves on it - but it does not inspire me the way Smoked and the 15th Anniversary did.  

But these Oz palettes inspire me and both palettes are shades I will wear and love! For spring time the good witch palette is catching my eye.  The other one will be hot for a vampy summer-time palette!  Me-ow.

-L
lucky you for snagging the pencils on the blk friday deal! that was a ridiculous price! now that you mention it, the pencils do look like naked and f-bomb; those are my two favorite colors from all the pencils. i totally agree with you on the vice palette. the 15th anniv. is still one of my favorites. i thought the alice in wonderland was fabulous and i know this is up the same alley.

doze.gif
 le sigh.

I really dont like their new eyeshadow packaging.  I just may pass on the OZ palette, then again...

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

doze.gif
 le sigh.

I really dont like their new eyeshadow packaging.  I just may pass on the OZ palette, then again...
then again exactly!!!!! its such a good gimmick!!!!!! wizard.of.Oz. PALETTES just let that settle for a minute and then tell me how your "I FREAKING WANT THAT" sensor is functioning now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />))) I'm an enabler. I'm an enabler. I'm an enabler.

Meh.. I like how the palette they released for Alice in Wonderland better.

Back