Urban Decay 2013!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was so excited to see what these would have...and now that I know...I'm kinda meh...they just don't jump at me...well that's a good thing for my pocket XD

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This doesn't have the wow factor that Alice had on me which I am happy to say that I bought but I still think they are pretty cute!
Sadly, I wasn't reveling in my love of make-up when Alice was released...I was still repressed and a poor college kid.

My question: While Alice definitely had a great combination of colors, it didn't seem that much different than their other BOSs.  What made it so amazing at the time?  What am I missing or was it just the great collection of colors included?  Maybe some/most of those shades weren't permanent?  

Don't get me wrong, it's an excellent palette!  But what was the wow factor for you?  I'm genuinely curious!

-L

I have the Alice palette and I loved it (still do)- I wish they would put X in more palettes, its gorgeous alone, layered over greens or reds.. it's a fabulous shade! I had just been introduced to UD a few months before and I only had the sustainable palette. I believe every shade was a repeat with new names but they were all mostly new to me so an excellent way to get a bunch of UD, two liners, etc

I will wait to see swatches on Temptalia before I buy to see how many of these are repeats.. I love them but I have so much already. The UD palettes I have are the BOS Alice, #2 (lucked out and got it on an impromptu UD sale -full price though- a year after it was sold out) #3, #4 (thank you Hautelook for cheap prices, I would have been disappointed to pay full price for this), the Anniversary set (Love this!), Deluxe shadow set, sustainable Shadow set, the one with the skull, Naked 1, 2 and the new mini one and a face case thing and the smoked out mini kits.. I think that's all lmao. Oh and the anniversary liner set. Plus singles.. I was such a UD fan and still am but the new sets have so many repeats or are more neutral shades/chalky texture.. I have passed on all the latest. Maybe it's just time for me to move on from UD (sniff, sniff) hmmm I should take a picture! Only you guys could appreciate the hoarding I did.. Haha

i really do like the way ud renovated their palettes. they are less bulky now and imo better. a lot of the colors in the previous bos had tons of repromotes and i LOVE that the oz palettes have new shadows! that to me is a no brainer for any ud fan. 

Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will wait to see swatches on Temptalia before I buy to see how many of these are repeats.. I love them but I have so much already. The UD palettes I have are the BOS Alice, #2 (lucked out and got it on an impromptu UD sale -full price though- a year after it was sold out) #3, #4 (thank you Hautelook for cheap prices, I would have been disappointed to pay full price for this), the Anniversary set (Love this!), Deluxe shadow set, sustainable Shadow set, the one with the skull, Naked 1, 2 and the new mini one and a face case thing and the smoked out mini kits.. I think that's all lmao. Oh and the anniversary liner set. Plus singles.. I was such a UD fan and still am but the new sets have so many repeats or are more neutral shades/chalky texture.. I have passed on all the latest. Maybe it's just time for me to move on from UD (sniff, sniff) hmmm I should take a picture! Only you guys could appreciate the hoarding I did.. Haha
Wow! you have all the palettes I drool for :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Lucky girl :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I envy your stash ^^

I think she just has ALL the palettes ... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Not all... I wish! I don't own any of the newer ones (due to repeats and coming to my senses that I will NEVER use them all.. live and learn.. Haha). Plus, i used to babysit twice a week and use that money for makeup/kids fun money.. I don't do that now so I have to really pick and choose (thank you beauty subs for giving me a cheaper way to try things!).

Originally Posted by LAtPoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Warning for yo wallet:

http://www.amodelrecommends.com/2013/01/15/urban-decay-oz-the-great-and-powerful-palettes/

I was considering the "Flushed" palette until I clicked the link 
sadno.gif
 I'm hooked on Theodora now........
cheer2.gif

I'm not really interested in any of UD's new releases. Since they've been revamping their old palettes I'm just waiting for them to come out with the original naked palette with the new eyeshadow formula. I've hit pan on 5 shades in my naked palette but I want to wait and see if they'll revamp it before I buy another one. I'd really like to see some new lipsticks, powder blushes and full sized nail polishes added to the permanent range. I'm not big on lipgloss or cream products and I have 5 of their eyeshadow palettes so I don't really need anymore eyeshadows from UD. Especially neutrals. Pretty sure I have enough neutrals to last a lifetime. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But yeah I'd like to see some lipsticks in sleeker packaging along with blushes and nail polishes. I'm hoping they'll release pigments too. I know they had the loose shadows before which were kind of lame because thy were so small and the brush applicator was terrible. But i'd like to see some bright, fun pigments.

I'm going to pass on everything for now except for the Gelinda palette. Although I did see some of their new single shadow colors on Temptalia today and fell in love. That new teal shade is especially fabulous!

There is a ton of new markdowns on urban decay's website plus new eyeshadow colors and new BYO palettes!

Yikes, Mariposa for $19!  I've always wanted it but never felt like paying full price....

This thread is so dangerous for my wallet!

Originally Posted by nishino /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yikes, Mariposa for $19!  I've always wanted it but never felt like paying full price....

I've been contemplating that since I got the email this morning...never particularly wanted it but it's new price is making it much more appealing haha

Originally Posted by nishino /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I bought it like 3 months ago at full price, now I'm kicking myself! Though they have the showboat kit for $12 which makes me happy :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Those palettes do look really lovely, but now that I've seen them, I think I can safely convince myself that I don't need them. I'm pretty sure I have dupes for pretty much everything.

Thanks for swatching and sharing! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back