Sign in to follow this  
ladygrey

March 2012 No-Buy Support!

Originally Posted by Pancua View Post

Even on a no buy, I still get some awesome stuff!

A full size bottle of Essie's Barefoot in Blue finally came in from a giveaway I entered weeks ago!

IMG_0864.JPG

That is a gorgeous color!

I'm tempted right now by some of the Zoya polishes and Revlon lip butters,but I'm going to be strong! This thread should help a lot!

Originally Posted by Isabelsjewely View Post

Love this! I can see why you broke your no buy! LOL

right?! I haven't even had a chance to carry it yet, lol, but I just like looking at it hanging on my purse rack.

Girl, I hear you. I've been sick for 2 weeks and found out earlier this week that I have strep. I feel like crap and when I feel bad, I usually shop around online but I'm not letting myself do it this time.

hoping for a speedy recovery!

Originally Posted by ladygrey View Post

And Pancua...feel better soon!!

Originally Posted by Isabelsjewely View Post

hoping for a speedy recovery!

Thanks ladies, I appreciate it. I am so ready to feel human again. :(

So I had to go to Ulta today for hair stuff, and I got in and out wiith only exactly what I went in to buy. Felt GREAT. Then I had returns to do at nordstrom, didn't even stop by the cosmetics counter or anywhere else and left with 330 dollars more than I went in with, so that also felt good. BUT now I have to go to Target for some baking stuff and that is where it could get tempting, I was so good all day I don't want to mess up now. 

The only way it is going to get tempting is if you don't go straight to the baking department and leave.

Don't stop and browse. You have complete control over this!

The only way it is going to get tempting is if you don't go straight to the baking department and leave.

Don't stop and browse. You have complete control over this!

I did well! Left with only baking stuff and now I'm baking which is a good distraction (and also the best way to make my manager want to promote me to the position I applied to lol). 

Good job! Target would be hard for me to resist. I don't think I could and ulta? You did really good. I would at least be hitting the clearance section.

Feel better Pancua

I'm on day 2 icon_sad.gif  I tried to resist the sale @ sephora. I did really well until I found out they were giving away sample bags inside the store. I asked my hubby to stop by & get me one. And of course, I had to buy something so I could use the 15% off. I didn't even want anything there so I got a body scrub. The last thing I need is another scrub, I have 2 full size & 2 sample sizes that are brand new plus another huge one in the shower. It cost me $22 for a free sample bag. Yikes.

Then I spent $40 @ shea terra. I got it 30% off but I still really didn't need anything. I spent $62 on nothing really. Nothing I needed. What the hell is wrong with me?

Originally Posted by Playedinloops View Post

I did well! Left with only baking stuff and now I'm baking which is a good distraction (and also the best way to make my manager want to promote me to the position I applied to lol). 

It is amazing the places baked goods can take you lol. 

I went to TJ Maxx tonight, and successfully avoided the beauty section. It probably helped that they didn't have anything from theBalm or OPI. I did pick up two scarves though, and it's super exciting because I was actually about to break down an order them from Modcloth before I found them there for half the cost!

It is amazing the places baked goods can take you lol. 

I went to TJ Maxx tonight, and successfully avoided the beauty section. It probably helped that they didn't have anything from theBalm or OPI. I did pick up two scarves though, and it's super exciting because I was actually about to break down an order them from Modcloth before I found them there for half the cost!

I live within walking distance of tj maxx, ross, and marshalls. I somehow never hit up those stores. BUT NOW I WANT TO. Thank goodness its almost 10 and my day tomorrow is filled with extreme couponing, lol.

Originally Posted by Souly View Post

Good job! Target would be hard for me to resist. I don't think I could and ulta? You did really good. I would at least be hitting the clearance section.

Feel better Pancua

I'm on day 2 icon_sad.gif  I tried to resist the sale @ sephora. I did really well until I found out they were giving away sample bags inside the store. I asked my hubby to stop by & get me one. And of course, I had to buy something so I could use the 15% off. I didn't even want anything there so I got a body scrub. The last thing I need is another scrub, I have 2 full size & 2 sample sizes that are brand new plus another huge one in the shower. It cost me $22 for a free sample bag. Yikes.

Then I spent $40 @ shea terra. I got it 30% off but I still really didn't need anything. I spent $62 on nothing really. Nothing I needed. What the hell is wrong with me?

I had my blinders on in Ulta and brought a heavy bag in so I only had one free hand, lol. 

Shea terra stuff is great, what'd you get? :P

laughing.gifGood stradegy! Hats off to you ladies. If I were normal (you know-not bedridden), I couldn't walk in ulta & sephora & not buy anything. Its pretty easy to do alot of damage online though

I got the argan face/eye/serum trio, the volcanic foot scrub & the dark choc and white choc straw bars.

Oooh, what are you baking?

Quote:

I had my blinders on in Ulta and brought a heavy bag in so I only had one free hand, lol. 

Shea terra stuff is great, what'd you get? :P

laughing.gifGood stradegy! Hats off to you ladies. If I were normal (you know-not bedridden), I couldn't walk in ulta & sephora & not buy anything. Its pretty easy to do alot of damage online though

I got the argan face/eye/serum trio, the volcanic foot scrub & the dark choc and white choc straw bars.

Oooh, what are you baking?

Ohh, I have the two serums but not the pure argan oil from that trio. I loooove the around eye one, it works amazing, but the I think the all over one kind of smells lol. 

I made oreo truffle pops to take to work on monday! 

Went into Sephora and left with a NARS lip liner and UD eye primer. I officially broke my no buy. The last time I purchased a cosmetic item was March 2. I was going so well too....

Oooh, and Souly, I can totally understand breaking your no buy for some Shea Terra! I have a sample of the black soap and I LOOOOVE it. I also really want some of the baobabs and bananas body creme.

What did you get in your sample bag from Sephora? I don't think I'll be able to hit up the sale, so I'm trying to live vicariously through others!!

They seem to vary slightly store to store.

I got:
Bumble & Bumble - shampoo & conditioner packets

Makeup Forever - mini mascara

Sephora - mini mascara

Especially Escada solid fragrance

Boscia - bb cream .35 oz

Givenchy - mister light sample packet

Not a bad bag but nothing I needed. They were also giving away umbrellas. You did good at TJ Maxx!

Oooh, and Souly, I can totally understand breaking your no buy for some Shea Terra! I have a sample of the black soap and I LOOOOVE it. I also really want some of the baobabs and bananas body creme.

What did you get in your sample bag from Sephora? I don't think I'll be able to hit up the sale, so I'm trying to live vicariously through others!!

That's not bad at all! I usually always end up going to Sephora when they have these deals, spending money I shouldn't spend on things I don't need so I can get more crap I don't need. The last time I did it was when they had the little set of NARS minis. Curse that Sephora, tempting us with their awesome deals!

Thanks! I'm pretty pleased/surprised that I found those things there. I was actually going to place an order once I got home! I thought that would save some money, but naturally, other items somehow crept into my cart to take their place lol. 

They seem to vary slightly store to store.

I got:
Bumble & Bumble - shampoo & conditioner packets

Makeup Forever - mini mascara

Sephora - mini mascara

Especially Escada solid fragrance

Boscia - bb cream .35 oz

Givenchy - mister light sample packet

Not a bad bag but nothing I needed. They were also giving away umbrellas. You did good at TJ Maxx!

So, uh, who's starting the April No-Buy Thread? This one is played out, I guess. And, no, I didn't make it through the day (damn those China Glaze Prisma Colors!). But tomorrow can be Day One and it's the start of a new month anyway!

Originally Posted by calexxia View Post

So, uh, who's starting the April No-Buy Thread? This one is played out, I guess. And, no, I didn't make it through the day (damn those China Glaze Prisma Colors!). But tomorrow can be Day One and it's the start of a new month anyway!

I'm doing the same thing! April will be the month of success.