March 2012 No-Buy Support!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That shimmer strip compact looks pretty. I like the colors.

I'm not so sure about the one item a month thing. I guess it would be alright if you really have your eye on something. Limiting it to one will make you think about it and possibly help you stick to a no-buy longer.

I'm feeling pretty motivated about this no-buy thing. I'm not sure how long that is going to last.

Only one thing! And if I can, I'm going to try and not buy anything. But I do feel that if there's one item that I've been lusting after for ages, buying it after a lot of consideration will help me stick to my no-buy longer. I am going to set a price limit on myself, though--no more than $30! 

I am kinda hoping that the intense motivated feeling I've got right now just keeps on and lasts, so I won't actually feel the desire to buy anything!

Originally Posted by Isabelsjewely /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL we're trying! we gotta promise only one thing though, not one SHOPPING trip! LOL 

I'm not doing any "exceptions", but you guys know I posted from the get-go that mine is kinda modified (I can still use the ECBs that I have, since I earned those already. I just can't put ANY cash with them except for sales tax) and I'm only promising March. 

And I am proud of myself that I didn't go hog wild today and add a bunch of stuff to the stash in the ole "feast or famine" mentality.

Thank Lemmy I didn't say no FASHION, either! LOL (Just no beauty products)

I definitely need to go no- buy for March- I'm getting married in 2 months so I've been going out of control looking for the perfect make up stuff. Fortunately, my mom got me a huge Sephora gift card for Christmas so I haven't been spending a lot of "actual" money, but what money I have spent I really shouldn't have, what with the wedding coming up. I have 3 packages coming in March, but after that no more until I go and get my foundation picked out at the beginning of April :/

I didn't go totally crazy either! I think one item a month will help me stay on track. I am doing this hardcore thing for 6 months, and hopefully by the end, I really won't feel a desire to really buy anything at all. One item a month is absolutely wonderful considering how much I've been buying crap lately!!

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not doing any "exceptions", but you guys know I posted from the get-go that mine is kinda modified (I can still use the ECBs that I have, since I earned those already. I just can't put ANY cash with them except for sales tax) and I'm only promising March. 

And I am proud of myself that I didn't go hog wild today and add a bunch of stuff to the stash in the ole "feast or famine" mentality.

Thank Lemmy I didn't say no FASHION, either! LOL (Just no beauty products)

I think to add to my no buy, I am going to try to use up one cosmetic item each month. No idea what it would be but I am going to try!

Decided I am going to hold off and wait till the PF products go on sale. I had 7 ECBs to use but hubby threw them out without  knowing what they were. 
tonton.gif

And I havent gotten desperate enough to dig through the trash for them! LOL

Decided I am going to hold off and wait till the PF products go on sale. I had 7 ECBs to use but hubby threw them out without  knowing what they were. 
tonton.gif

Girl, you can better believe if that were me, it wouldn't be me doing the digging. LOL

tonton.gif

lol MAKE HIM DIG! 

well we did get into a huge argument about it b/c he went around my desk cleaning and just saw a bunch of receipts and threw them out! He's no aware of CVS' ECB program. I did get a victory out of it, he finally just said if it means that much to you just go buy what you want. BUT I'm trying to do a no-buy b/c I have so much I havent touched yet. 

Me too, especially since I've been lusting after the Leopard Love palette for a couple of months now. But we can do it! Stay strong!!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am feeling very tempted by the too face vintage sale. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me too, especially since I've been lusting after the Leopard Love palette for a couple of months now. But we can do it! Stay strong!!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I need a new eye shadow primer, and they have it in a couple of the things but I need more eye shadow and eyeliner like I need a whole in my head....so I closed the window. 

I need a new eye shadow primer, and they have it in a couple of the things but I need more eye shadow and eyeliner like I need a whole in my head....so I closed the window. 

claps.gif

I may have reopened it. twice. lol. But I've successfully managed to back off every time. 

keep it up! you can do it! 
yay.gif

Yay, good job! I deleted the email and unsubscribed from their mailing list, and even though I tried to look at the site, it wouldn't work. I'm going to take that as a sign I shouldn't have any of that stuff. I just told myself that if the palette is still there at the end of the month and I still really want it, it can be my one item. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back