March 2012 No-Buy Support!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Isabelsjewely /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Young lady, that is the OPPOSITE of no buy!

(whatcha getting?)
I know! I know! After I get this though, I wont be buying anything for a long time b/c we just bought a new house, so money will be tighter than a Catholic virgin! The camera doesnt do it justice but I'm getting this:

thumb

Physicians Formula 

Shimmer Strips Custom Bronzer, Blush & Eye Shadow
LMAO!!
icon_eek.gif
rofl2.gif

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OK, so here is another goal of mine: Don't reuse nail polish this month. A different color every time I paint them, to maximize the use of that stash, because I have SO many colors. 

Good one!!

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We are going to Alaska! I booked us a B&B 7 miles from the pier and the ship time says 4pm. The website says to be there 3 - 4 hours before so we are going to be on the pier by 1130 - Noon. I've heard alot of people say you wont need as much as you think you will, which I find weird. Do you run naked half the time? LOL

well you could try running around naked! LOL When we took our first cruise we had about 10 bags! Now we're down to 3, one for him and one for me and a carry-on. I've never done an Alaskan cruise! We stick to the warmer areas! Unless you want to get dressed up every night for dinner (which we did on our first cruise complete with formal night) then you obviously are gonna have more to pack. By now we are ultra casual and dont do the dress up nights. Keep this in mind: you're one a ship with hundreds of people, unless you get to know people right off the bat, people arent going to remember what you wore the day/night before. So there's no need to pack a huge amount of clothing. just means more for you to unpack and repack. We normally do 9-12 day cruises, I will pack 2-4 evening tops and probably 6-8 day tops. I have 2 sets of capris set for the evening looks that match my tops and then 4-5 bottoms that match my 6-8 day tops. I do pack clean undergarments for each day. I'm not into recycling dirty underwear! LOL

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oooh, I might. Right now, I've hit the point in the semester (this happened every spring in undergrad) where I just want to quit and go home. It's especially bad since I have way more work and stress than in undergrad.
I feel the same way, and I'm a lowly undergrad (still working on an AS, I've changed majors a few times now).
icon_cry.gif
It's even lamer because I'm only taking 9 credits this semester. 2 of which are a fitness class, and 3 are an online religion class. The whole ordeal makes me feel like a loser.

OK, so here is another goal of mine: Don't reuse nail polish this month. A different color every time I paint them, to maximize the use of that stash, because I have SO many colors. 
That's a good idea! I think I'm going to vow to paint my nails every day this month.

yay.gif
yay.gif
yay.gif
yay.gif
yay.gif
yay.gif
yay.gif
yay.gif
yay.gif
yay.gif

No-buy is hard. I've been trying all year, but February was insane with spending. It's only the first of this month and I'm already feeling antsy. I've trolled eBay, and today at the health food market, I spent a few minutes browsing their bath/body and beauty sections. I should make a chart and get gold stickers for every day that I don't buy something.

The good news is that since ULTA has had their GWP kit, I have put items in my cart probably a dozen times only to close the window. I don't NEED anything else, and last time I got one of their GWP kits it sat in my makeup case for a couple years before I cleaned out and gave all my unused stuff to my sister & sister-in-law.

Ugh the saddest thing is...when I look at my stash, I try to justify things like bodywash or lotion, but I have enough for the next 3 years. lol. 

Ugh the saddest thing is...when I look at my stash, I try to justify things like bodywash or lotion, but I have enough for the next 3 years. lol. 

I do too! But it's like every time Philosophy comes out with a new scent, I have to have it! Like I really want the Caribbean Getaway scent. I have to Hawaiian Getaway and it smells HEAVENLY! My hubby actually justifies it for me b/c it's stuff you use on a regular basis! LOL

Quote: Originally Posted by Isabelsjewely /img/forum/go_quote.gif

well you could try running around naked! LOL When we took our first cruise we had about 10 bags! Now we're down to 3, one for him and one for me and a carry-on. I've never done an Alaskan cruise! We stick to the warmer areas! Unless you want to get dressed up every night for dinner (which we did on our first cruise complete with formal night) then you obviously are gonna have more to pack. By now we are ultra casual and dont do the dress up nights. Keep this in mind: you're one a ship with hundreds of people, unless you get to know people right off the bat, people arent going to remember what you wore the day/night before. So there's no need to pack a huge amount of clothing. just means more for you to unpack and repack. We normally do 9-12 day cruises, I will pack 2-4 evening tops and probably 6-8 day tops. I have 2 sets of capris set for the evening looks that match my tops and then 4-5 bottoms that match my 6-8 day tops. I do pack clean undergarments for each day. I'm not into recycling dirty underwear! LOL
We are only doing one formal night, the rest will be casual. I plan on taking 6 pairs of jeans and maybe a pair of slacks and tops that can go with all of them. I figure 3 - 4 pairs of shoes (sneakers, high heels, sandals, slippers) and then undergarments. That should hold me over for a week!

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's a good idea! I think I'm going to vow to paint my nails every day this month.

I could never do that, lol. I'll start picking my polish at work thinking to myself "I'll just redo them tonight!" (as I start picking at the middle finger on my left hand, lol)  But then I go out to dinner or happy hour and my nails don't get done. I try to paint them twice a week though. 

I do too! But it's like every time Philosophy comes out with a new scent, I have to have it! Like I really want the Caribbean Getaway scent. I have to Hawaiian Getaway and it smells HEAVENLY! My hubby actually justifies it for me b/c it's stuff you use on a regular basis! LOL

LOL! I have no one around to stop me or encourage me, but I do enough of it myself. 

oh my gosh, I cannot resist philosophy scents! But I have an abundance of bath stuff, and I will probably be 30 by the time I use up all this stuff, so I totally can't even justify that lol

I could never do that, lol. I'll start picking my polish at work thinking to myself "I'll just redo them tonight!" (as I start picking at the middle finger on my left hand, lol)  But then I go out to dinner or happy hour and my nails don't get done. I try to paint them twice a week though. 
Yeah, right now I have chipped polish and peeled polish on my fingernails. I go like 2 weeks without painting my toenails again.. wish my fingernails would last that long!

I definitely need to go no- buy for March- I'm getting married in 2 months so I've been going out of control looking for the perfect make up stuff. Fortunately, my mom got me a huge Sephora gift card for Christmas so I haven't been spending a lot of "actual" money, but what money I have spent I really shouldn't have, what with the wedding coming up. I have 3 packages coming in March, but after that no more until I go and get my foundation picked out at the beginning of April :/
I'm getting married in two months as well! May 12 :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm definitely in need of a no-buy, especially nail polish. Good thing I already ordered what I want from China Glaze's hunger games collection! But seriously, other than my birchbox I need to stay away from cosmetics stores and sites.

Guys I was just in a meeting and bored and started thinking about what I will buy at Ulta after work. D: I can't go to ulta after work! 

Guys I was just in a meeting and bored and started thinking about what I will buy at Ulta after work. D: I can't go to ulta after work! 

Stay strong!

Today I felt the urge to shop online and buy some stuff from Too Faced, but I went up into my bathroom and dug through my stash and pulled out some stuff that I haven't really used that much, and that kinda killed the urge.

Stay strong!! 

OK So I went to Target on my way home but I wasn't bad, really. I picked up tights, chocolate, and the lash growth serum I mentioned yesterday. and that's it. So yes the lash growth serum was kind of against the no buy but it could've been much much worse.

I like this thinking line , Isabel! I'm trying not to buy ANY beauty product at all though, lol. 

I  did just try to place an order on the toofaced site, but it kept saying "order not found" which I took as a sign to STOP trying. 

Originally Posted by automaticeyesx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm getting married in two months as well! May 12
smile.gif
I'm definitely in need of a no-buy, especially nail polish. Good thing I already ordered what I want from China Glaze's hunger games collection! But seriously, other than my birchbox I need to stay away from cosmetics stores and sites.
Congratulations! Our date is May 5th :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have been mainly going crazy with moisturizers/ face creams/ things that I hope will give me perfect skin. Honestly, until I started shopping for the wedding I never really cared that much about make up- I'd buy new products once in a blue moon. But since November or so I'm placing at least two Sephora orders a month in addition to trying out all the sub services- I have GOT to stop. Especially before my fiance figures out how much I've been spending 
ooops.gif

Ive been on a low buy for what seems like 2 years because I bought so much makeup at once and then I came to my senses. I sold/swapped what I could and now i still have a ton. lol Right now im on a no buy because money is really tight! My ONLY splurge is my Birchbox, otherwise I havent bought a thing. Im also proud of my MAC empty collection!

Back