March 2012 No-Buy Support!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OK, everyone, today I am off to NYC! I will try not to buy too much but I'm definitely doing some shopping. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Have fun, be safe!

Oooh, fun! Do tell us how they work out for you!

And last night our power went out for about 12 hours, and I couldn't browse any makeup sites. Thanks nature!

Thanks!! I'm looking forward to using the most dramatic of my eyeliners from feb. birchbox tonight hehehe. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oooh, fun! Do tell us how they work out for you!

And last night our power went out for about 12 hours, and I couldn't browse any makeup sites. Thanks nature!
I have already used two pairs of them! I LOVE them. They stay on forever, no moving. They feel a little uncomfortable at first but you wear right into them. If I hadn't gotten so good with gel liner, I'd definitely buy them.

i was there last january. they have sephora on every block. if you like falafels sandwiches go to mamouns falafels in greenwich village! have fun and post pics of what you end up buying. ill be totally jealous but whatever haha

OK, everyone, today I am off to NYC! I will try not to buy too much but I'm definitely doing some shopping. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

oh btw i decided to go on my no buy AFTER the fact i purchaes the blush and bronzer lot posted on the forum 

I hit pan on something today, wheee! I think I've done that like...once before, hahaha. So this is very, very exciting for me. 

Congrats! 
beer.gif

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hit pan on something today, wheee! I think I've done that like...once before, hahaha. So this is very, very exciting for me. 
That IS a good feeling. Most times, I've gotten sick of a color before I hit pan (or else wound up dropping it and not repotting), so I totally understand that GOOD FEELING.

I think the only reason I've managed to hit pan on this was because it's a teeny little blush. I don't think Stila makes their powder cheek colors anymore, but they're the exact same size as an eyeshadow. So, not super huge, but it's still a good feeling, and I'll take what I can get. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That IS a good feeling. Most times, I've gotten sick of a color before I hit pan (or else wound up dropping it and not repotting), so I totally understand that GOOD FEELING.

So, do you guys feel that buying organizational stuffs is defeating the purpose of the no-buy? I was just thinking that as I'm going through everything, I NEED to find a better way to organize what I have (so that I will USE more of what I have)....but I'm not sure if that technically falls under the category of "beauty purchases".....

I don't really count organizational/storage containers as a part of the no-buy. I was actually going to head to target today to buy something to put beauty products in, because right now, there are some products that aren't easily accessed, so I don't use them very often. I think that if your makeup is better organized so you are able to see everything you have, products are much less likely to be neglected. 

So, do you guys feel that buying organizational stuffs is defeating the purpose of the no-buy? I was just thinking that as I'm going through everything, I NEED to find a better way to organize what I have (so that I will USE more of what I have)....but I'm not sure if that technically falls under the category of "beauty purchases".....

yeah, i agree with ladygrey. organizing is a MUST!! i organized my nail polish doing color wheels and an excel spreadsheet to make sure i dont have any dupes.

Your polish collection is so organized!!! I'm on the bus right now and its supposed to be 4.5 hours from dc to nyc but this is taking forever. I need a drink.

aleeeshuh, your polish collection is awesome! And I am totally diggin' the spreadsheet title, lol

Thanks ladies :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I figured that I had to because I started to get confused on which ones I had. It was necessary lol. that was the only title i could think of at the time!!! 

SON OF A!!!!

Who would've thought going for GROCERIES could lead to a temptation? I don't normally go to Albertson's, since Fry's is right next door, but I had ordered a pizza and Albertson's is across the street. And I KNEW I shouldn't walk down the cosmetic aisle. I knew it. Turns out they sell NYX (which I love and which my local Ultas are always out of stock on). Turns out they had the glitter liners (which I HEART!!!) for 2.39 each....51% off. Thankfully they didn't have the shade that I am lemming for, because I dunno if I coulda been strong enough to resist.

OMG! This happens to me all the time! since Albertsons is right next to TJ's where I grocery shop and this TJ doesnt sell carrots for some weird reason.

I know I shouldn't even go near the makeup aisle but it's like some invisible force pulls me in against my will. "I'll just take a quick look..."

It is so, so hard sometimes T_T

SON OF A!!!!

Who would've thought going for GROCERIES could lead to a temptation? I don't normally go to Albertson's, since Fry's is right next door, but I had ordered a pizza and Albertson's is across the street. And I KNEW I shouldn't walk down the cosmetic aisle. I knew it. Turns out they sell NYX (which I love and which my local Ultas are always out of stock on). Turns out they had the glitter liners (which I HEART!!!) for 2.39 each....51% off. Thankfully they didn't have the shade that I am lemming for, because I dunno if I coulda been strong enough to resist.

My local TJs are either in the same shopping center as a Walgreens, a CVS, or a Dollar Tree. I like NEVER go to Albertson's.....so to see that they carry one of my favorite brands? OUCH

Latest posts

Back