March 2012 No-Buy Support!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe getting away from everything will help put everything in perspective! When you're out in the great outdoors, you've usually got a lot of time to ponder. Where are you going camping? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think the only thing really keeping me at bay is the fact that I leave for a 10 day camping trip on Saturday so I've been so busy with finishing projects and packing. I have to wonder what will happen once I'm back.

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe getting away from everything will help put everything in perspective! When you're out in the great outdoors, you've usually got a lot of time to ponder. Where are you going camping? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Middle of no where Mississippi!  I go every year.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by pinktergal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, Jenna, I'm so sorry about the BF.  I've been there and it's horrible. And you could find a lot worse things to indulge in than makeup. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
thank you! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm doing MUCH better now, good luck with this no buy!

So I've been very good here in New York! Instead of going shopping yesterday, we bought tickets to see Mamma Mia! on broadway, which was definitely not something I can do in DC so I'm glad we did that rather than shop. Made the no buy that much easier. OF course going home may be a different story...

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I've been very good here in New York! Instead of going shopping yesterday, we bought tickets to see Mamma Mia! on broadway, which was definitely not something I can do in DC so I'm glad we did that rather than shop. Made the no buy that much easier. OF course going home may be a different story...

Stay stong! No sense buying stuff you can get in your own home town! If you just HAVE to do it, make it count!

Stay stong! No sense buying stuff you can get in your own home town! If you just HAVE to do it, make it count!

Exactly! I never go to sephora at home, even though its 10 minutes away, why bother going here? This no buy is easier than I thought it would be.

Originally Posted by Isabelsjewely /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know! I know! After I get this though, I wont be buying anything for a long time b/c we just bought a new house, so money will be tighter than a Catholic virgin! The camera doesnt do it justice but I'm getting this:

thumb

Physicians Formula 

Shimmer Strips Custom Bronzer, Blush & Eye Shadow
I have this. It's amazing. Good choice. It's incredible to make a natural smokey eye and I love that it's multi-use

Okay ladies, since you all love to window show online, maybe you can help me!

As you may (or may not) have read, I am going on my very first cruise in May. I'm am so beyond excited, its not even funny. I have some nice luggage but I don't have a nice overnight/weekender bag to bring on the plane with me. (I like to carry an extra set of clothes with me, just in case).

My budget is between $100 and $150 and I'd prefer some type of cloth or leather (not that hard plastic stuff).

Any ideas? 

(If you have one you are not using and willing to sell, I'm also open for that!)
Look into vera bradley, super cute if that's your style, can get pretty expensive but your budget hits about the right range. They are VERY comfortable and they run some pretty large sizes.

I'm getting into this no-buy thing!  I got an email from Estee Lauder today with their new makeup items. There was this gorgeous limited edition cream blush which caught my eye, and I was about to buy ( I mean, LIMITED EDITION! MY FAVE PINK SHADE!), and I caught myself and thought, what am I DOING? I closed the browser tab like it was on fire. I'm actually looking forward to "shopping" in my stashes of severely neglected items and see what forgotten treasures I unearth. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, me, too. About the psychology of it and stuff. And I feel ya about all of a sudden urging for stuff that I KNOW I don't have any intention of using.

Over the next few days, my goals are:

• Pare down and organize my wardrobe
  • Assess what wardrobe items I realistically need and do not have
  • Set up a beauty maintenance schedule (including pampering and time for research)
  • Pare down and organize my beauty items
  • Set up a list of those beauty items I realistically need

Key word in all of this...realistic. I'm trying to keep myself busy ENJOYING the things that I have so that I'm not tempted to go out and accumulate MORE things. (This should probably include reading and watching movies, too. I was shocked when I realized I've accumulated about a hundred books that I have yet to read).

I need to do this too. My closet is a nightmare. Fortunately next week is Spring Break so maybe then I'll make a trip to Buffalo Exchange, or check out Plato's Closet, since it's much closer.

This no-buy might turn out to be alright-- I just checked out theBalm sale on Hautelook, and I was like, mehhh. I don't know what it was, especially since I've been wanting some of that stuff for ages, but it was so easy to just close that tab. 

Heading to Ulta to exchange my Bare Minerals kit for a different color and to return some stuff that they sent that isn't what was pictured/ described on the site. I'm also going to get a nail buffing block thing, but I feel like that's okay because I don't have one, I need one, and it'll only be a couple bucks.

Let's hope that's all that happens!!!

I strongly considered making a purchase yesterday. I received the Jouer luminizing moisture tint in my last Birchbox. Wasn't head over heels at first, but I really like it now that I've used it a few times (my teeny tiny sample is almost empty). I got an e-mail over the weekend reminding me to buy February's items while I could still get free shipping, and I came *this close* to buying the full size. Then I just settled on the fact that I can buy it later when I've saved up more BB points. $10 off is better than free shipping--at least I hope.

Other than that, I've been doing really well with this no-buy! We can do it, ladies!

Today I went out for lunch at our nearby plaza and I didn't even step into Sally's!!! Proud of myself 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I had a cart FULL (again) on the toofaced vintage sale but I didn't go through it. Its almost good enough for me just to add the stuff to my cart online, then look at what I already have and remind myself I do not need it. 

Originally Posted by libbs07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey, I'm from Mississippi! Pretty much everywhere in this state is in the "middle of nowhere"! haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
LOL We are going to be in Lumberton!

Quote:

Originally Posted by libbs07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I strongly considered making a purchase yesterday. I received the Jouer luminizing moisture tint in my last Birchbox. Wasn't head over heels at first, but I really like it now that I've used it a few times (my teeny tiny sample is almost empty). I got an e-mail over the weekend reminding me to buy February's items while I could still get free shipping, and I came *this close* to buying the full size. Then I just settled on the fact that I can buy it later when I've saved up more BB points. $10 off is better than free shipping--at least I hope.

Other than that, I've been doing really well with this no-buy! We can do it, ladies!
Quote:

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Today I went out for lunch at our nearby plaza and I didn't even step into Sally's!!! Proud of myself 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had a cart FULL (again) on the toofaced vintage sale but I didn't go through it. Its almost good enough for me just to add the stuff to my cart online, then look at what I already have and remind myself I do not need it. 
Hang in there, ladies!!

I miiiight get the Balm Shelter tinted moisturizer from the Hautelook sale, since I actually realized I lost my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer somehow, plus I have a $10 credit. But in other news...

took a look at a different collection of all the subs I have:

Birchbox

Birchbox (because I wanted the TV box!)

The Look Bag

Blissmobox

Stylemint

Sample Society

Beauty Box 5

And there are a lot of 'em, so it's kinda defeating the purpose of clearing out a bunch of crap. New goal: cancel at least 4 by the end of the month!!

Latest posts

Back